Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't fix resolution problem

Options
  • 11-07-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Normal resolution for my desktop has always been 1360x768 (looks the best, and it can go higher). Shut it down one night and upon rebooting the following day it went all funny. Everything is the same size it should be, but the right hand side of the screen veers off into the nether, so the screen is cutting it off. I can use a lower resolution, but it makes the screen look a bit grainy, and makes it much harder on my eyes to use (as well as affecting my gameplay). I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, uninstalling them and rebooting and jigging just about every setting in Catalyst Control Centre that I could find.

Tried printscreening, but that captures an image of the screen working exactly as it should in this resolution :rolleyes:
    Any ideas?
    Using ATI Radeon HD 5700

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Did you try reseating the cable, or using a different cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

degsie wrote: »
    Did you try reseating the cable, or using a different cable?

I did, made no difference but just managed to fix it there after half an hour of doing goodness knows what with the monitor settings :pac:

Advertisement