Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favourite genre combinations?

• 11-07-2014 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Here's an idea! What mix of genres do you like? I mean like, when rock or metal bands mix other musical styles into their music.

Have to say I've got a soft spot for folk-metal :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I like avante garde type metal, there's a particular song by Meshuggah off Catch 33 I think where they launch into this jazz section which wouldn't be out of place in a Picasso painting, it's the musical representation of cubism or flatland. Anything with doom mixed in is good aswell. I like it when bands do things forbidden by scene/true metal conventions like Ghost who are very melodic. When you combine the power/drive of metal with an imaginative approach you can get some really great music.

Advertisement