Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is CEX opening?

Options
  • 11-07-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

JW does anyone know when the CEX shop in Tesco Arcade is opening?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

A facebook page was made last week and all the posts indicate it's ''soon'' but it's been soon for the last year or so i think ha

https://www.facebook.com/cexsligo?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

They were due to open this weekend but have now been pushed back until next month.
    Swear to god this has happened like 10 times. what's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Its a bloody never ending saga at this stage. I was in the one in Letterkenny a few times seen nothing special. Was also in the one in Derry too, the prices (when you convert from sterling to euro) all seem to have a 30%+ markup v's the northern prices too.

I often wondered what the story is with the staff in the new CEX shop when I pass the unit. Surely they have hired the staff already, are they on the payroll already? I know I wouldn't be happy sitting around going on 4 months now waiting on my job to start.

IPF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They were due to open this weekend but have now been pushed back until next month.
    Swear to god this has happened like 10 times. what's the deal?

Anyone want to run it ? :D

http://jobview.monster.ie/Store-Manager-Job-Sligo-Sligo-Ireland-136619781.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

In fairness, I'm tired seeing that job advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I wish they'd sort out this nonsense because I have a stack of PS3 & PS4 kit I want to offload with them. And I couldn't be arséd travelling to their Galway outlet to do it.:(

I wish they'd sort out this nonsense because I have a stack of PS3 & PS4 kit I want to offload with them. And I couldn't be arséd travelling to their Galway outlet to do it.:(

Why not go to Jingle Jangle?

Why not go to Jingle Jangle?

Where is that located?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Where is that located?
    It's on Wine Street going down past Mandarin Court as far as I know.

There's also GameStop - who will take 'em, pay you shag, and charge a 400% - 500% increase of what they paid you when selling it.

Basq wrote: »
    It's on Wine Street going down past Mandarin Court as far as I know.

There's also GameStop - who will take 'em, pay you shag, and charge a 400% - 500% increase of what they paid you when selling it.

Thanks for that Basq. I've rang Gamestop before and the price they quoted for what I was giving them was a total joke. Cex gave a much better online quote but alas since they're are still not here, I'll check out this Jingle Jangle spot instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Issue with power and electrics is the reason I heard in a few of the Dublin stores for the delay in opening Sligo it has pushed back the opening date of the new Dublin store too.

Far as I know Jingle Jangle are paying better rates than what Gamestop are. Could be wrong tho.

Advertisement