Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live question

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I'm slightly confused about how DLC works on xbox live and i'm hoping people more knowledgeable than I can help me out :)

I have a 360 with the (free) silver xbox live account. I was in Gamestop in Ennis today and asked the lad behind the counter about Microsoft points and he assured me that I needed the paid-for gold account in order to download stuff. But, when i look around online, people are saying that you just need the silver account :confused: Needless to say i'm confused and wonder of the good people of Boards could set me straight?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You don't need a gold account to buy games or DLC through Live, you would need it to access the online features of any games though. Gamestop clerk didn't know what they were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

UNLESS the dlc you are looking for is online only like multiplayer
    well then you would need gold to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You don't need a gold account to buy games or DLC through Live, you would need it to access the online features of any games though. Gamestop clerk didn't know what they were talking about.

thanks for that.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    UNLESS the dlc you are looking for is online only like multiplayer
    well then you would need gold to use it

nah, i have no inirest in online multiplayer. what i'm looking for are the DLC characters from Injustice :)

Advertisement