Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WORLD CUP FINAL!! Germany v Argentina 8pm Sunday 13th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sounds like Dunphy and Giles wanted the Argies to win :D
    Brady is the only one that doesn't begrudge the germans the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gilles saying messi was tired, feck off john, he's a professional athlete, you don't get tired by playing for 90 minutes every 4 days, it's nauseating the excuses that get trotted out for footballers

What was it then ? He had a terrible second half, kept giving the ball away which is uncharacteristic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can we get to the most important bit. Giving Bill his send off. Okie doke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Even though I win a sweepstake thing with Germany winning I'm not happy with Gotze scoring the winning goal. I can't forgive him his move to Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

yes get in germany. i had them backed to win the World cup before it even started,

Why?

Because this is a team that has been built from the ground up 10+ years ago.

All of these players have grown together for long long. Happy for them

This is how you build a world champion team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

So that monkey is off our continents back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Özil was tripe tonight and was really poor this tournament.

He was good for the first half. Faded out then but so did everyone really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Gilles saying messi was tired, feck off john, he's a professional athlete, you don't get tired by playing for 90 minutes every 4 days, it's nauseating the excuses that get trotted out for footballers

Have you ever actually played football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And that he played tonnes and tonnes of games in the season. He played 46, only three more than Schurrle and less than probably most of the German squad.

I am also hearing he wasn't fit for the WC, and hearing it for the first time. Funny that.

Nothing against Messi he IS one of the best ever, but this is what I was talking about before the match about excuses being made for him and kiddie gloves being used on him, whereas others get held to a far higher standard. The same for his indifference late in the match, that awful free kick at the end, and literally walking away from the team talk at half time of extra time. There a re a number of players who would get absolutely slated for that since "you would never see Messi doing that!" and yet when he does, it gets completely glossed over and ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bill going wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Going for goal, was retarded with that free kick, especially who he was up against between the sticks.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Traitor got MOTM, not surprising (though I thought it was awarded for 90 minutes?! o_0), harsh on Boetang. Stunning performance from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good man Bill! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Eamon Dunphy the dirk kuyt of RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Brady is right, must be hard for the player's who missed chances.. They will surely be haunted by the miss for the rest of their lives.... I remember I hit the crossbar with an overhead bicycle kick against Nurney United in the Tommy Lumsden Cup Quarter Final, and I couldnt sleep for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    How can he be tired when he doesn't run anymore?

His lack of fight these days is very unlike him.

It was glaringly obvious during the game,time after time German players walked past him with the ball and not once did he even try to close them down.
    His reputation seems to prevent any of his team mates roaring at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Look at that pen action from Bill, different class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

That_Guy wrote: »
    Can we get to the most important bit. Giving Bill his send off. Okie doke.

He's certainly acting like it's his last night.

Giles: Can we see the Palacio chance?

Bill: LOL I dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Somebody should really take that pen off Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Deserved by Germany, played the best football all tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Atleast we got knocked out by the winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Ah, he's not that good, John."

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Brady is right, must be hard for the player's who missed chances.. They will surely be haunted by the miss for the rest of their lives.... I remember I hit the crossbar with an overhead bicycle kick against Nurney United in the Tommy Lumsden Cup Quarter Final, and I couldnt sleep for a month.

Expect a call from the LLS researchers. CH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Quality laughing my ass off here tips hat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Is johnny giles wearing a bracelet with the clare colours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Billy86 wrote: »
    And that he played tonnes and tonnes of games in the season. He played 46, only three more than Schurrle and less than probably most of the German squad.

I am also hearing he wasn't fit for the WC, and hearing it for the first time. Funny that.

Nothing against Messi he IS one of the best ever, but this is what I was talking about before the match about excuses being made for him and kiddie gloves being used on him, whereas others get held to a far higher standard. The same for his indifference late in the match, that awful free kick at the end, and literally walking away from the team talk at half time of extra time. There a re a number of players who would get absolutely slated for that since "you would never see Messi doing that!" and yet when he does, it gets completely glossed over and ignored.

His petulance isn't as open as Ronaldo but it's there for all to see if you look closely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Context. Massive pressure on his shoulders, World Cup Final, too far out. How many players could realistically nail that kick, regardless of his huge talent?

It's so easy for armchair fans to make such a rash post.

Its about knowing not to take a stupid shot on like that, not whether you have a realistic chance of scoring it. He should have known it was ball in to the box time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Looking forward - the Euros in France should be a good'un as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

keith16 wrote: »
    He's certainly acting like it's his last night.

Giles: Can we see the Palacio chance?

Bill: LOL I dunno

Jaysus.. Giles is some killjoy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Cant believe how bad ozil has been since the last world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Traitor got MOTM, not surprising (though I thought it was awarded for 90 minutes?! o_0), harsh on Boetang. Stunning performance from him.

That's bulls*it. Fan vote for the final still? Boateng robbed of the final MOTM.

Bill keeps saying "they said it couldn't be done" about Europe winning in South America.
    No one said that Bill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Eamonn spoofing about Ireland. We would have been disgraced at the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Draxler's missus :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Slightly off topic but only 12 weeks til Germany v ROI in the Euros. Hopefully they will still be celebrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is that looms band(or whatever they are called) in the leeds utd colours that giles is wearing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Eamonn spoofing about Ireland. We would have been disgraced at the World Cup.

We wouldn't of had a hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

WAGs of German team on now. Neuer's is quite tasty.
    I suppose RTE have cut away to the studio now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Eamo is deluded....sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

So so happy right now. Trying to call the family in Germany, of course no answer..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Was that why they decided to cease to exist? :D

Dunphy talking shíte as usual. Ireland could have got to the semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Don't get this anti-Ozil tripe at all. He's created two clear cut chances tonight, and more chances than any other German player at the world cup. What do people want?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Draxler doesn't even know her, he just wants to get laid :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Youd think theyd just give the Argies their medals and let them get out of there. They have them standing around the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Jaysus.. Giles is some killjoy..

While Bill's mind is already in Buck Whaley's:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Dunphy reckons we would have had a chance in this tournament.

Does he realise we would have being playing in the place of either Germany or Portugal if we did qualify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I'm sorry Eamo, but we just dont have the players at this particular moment in time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Context. Massive pressure on his shoulders, World Cup Final, too far out. How many players could realistically nail that kick, regardless of his huge talent?

It's so easy for armchair fans to make such a rash post.

None of the above contradict my opinion that that was a terrible free kick. He hoofed it into the crowd. If Messi is to be held up as this all time great, this was a moment to do something, at least hit the target or put in a cross.

It was a poor free kick, there is no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Don't get this anti-Ozil tripe at all. He's created two clear cut chances tonight, and more chances than any other German player at the world cup. What do people want?

Him to play for their team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement