Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WORLD CUP FINAL!! Germany v Argentina 8pm Sunday 13th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hard to believe that after tonight, it will all be over for another 4 years. :(

'Mon ta fcuk Argentina !

Hope Messi has a stormer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the High Line is definitely dodgy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This is good :D

After Eights, Falcons, Parker Pens...............

LOL. Brilliant. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Does anyone else find it a bit of putting how openly up for Messi (not Argentina, just Messi) so many people in the media are? Wouldn't mind seeing him win it either though Germany deserve it more so far, but it's been a bit overkill really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keane2097 wrote: »
    Deutschland Deutschland über alles

You do realise that no German would ever say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

hi

Billy86 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it a bit of putting how openly up for Messi (not Argentina, just Messi) so many people in the media are? Wouldn't mind seeing him win it either though Germany deserve it more so far, but it's been a bit overkill really.

Nope. Methinks that a lot of people want him to do well tonight, as he is best player in the world, he isn't a tosser like Ronaldo or Suarez & he is under so much pressure to live up to Maradonnas legacy. The media coverage reflects that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mmmmmmmmm Shakira

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Hoping and expecting Germany to win this. Love watching them play. 3-1 is my prediction.

Couldn't care less about whether Messi is considered the BITW or not.

• Advertisement

Vaquero will come on and win it for the Malvinas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cristiano Ronaldo is never going to win the world cup either so it's not going to be a big thing if Messi doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hitchens wrote: »

Most of the residents of 'The Malvinas' would rather see Germany win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hitchens wrote: »

The Falkland Islands did well to get this far :)

Hames Rodriguez ? That's just trying too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Would love to see Argentina do it, but I think the Germans might be a bridge to far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Muller wins this for the Germans I wonder could he be in with a good shout for the Balon D'Or

World Cup normally skews it, Sneijder, Forlan and Iniesta were in the top 5 last time after a good World Cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Nope. Methinks that a lot of people want him to do well tonight, as he is best player in the world, he isn't a tosser like Ronaldo or Suarez & he is under so much pressure to live up to Maradonnas legacy. The media coverage reflects that.

I think that's the whole point though.

In the eyes of a lot of people (especially the media), it's how he performs tonight that will determine whether he can be regarded as the best in the world.

I believe he is. But for many others, he has 90+ minutes to prove it this evening regardless of his previous form.

Lapin wrote: »

In the eyes of a lot of people (especially the media), it's how he performs tonight that will determine whether he can be regarded as the best in the world.

I believe he is. But for many others, he has 90+ minutes to prove it this evening regardless of his previous form.
    The only rival he has according to most is Cristiano Ronaldo and he went out in the first round so just being in the final means he's best by default going on the "performance at the world cup o meter", surely?

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

It's not that simple. He may be the best club player in the world, but for too many people, until he gets the Maradona monkey off his back during a World Cup, there will always be something lacking. Tonight is his chance to do that. And as he carries himself with the modicum of decency that a lot of the other "great" players lack, people hope he achieves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

All this 'best in the world' talk is like being back in primary school. Look, there's a lot of great players out there, just ****ing enjoy watching them without resorting to playground chatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hope the Germans win as I don't subscribe to this notion that a team should win based on the reputation and deeds of one player. Germany have been the best performing team of this world cup. They've scored the most goals, they've played the most as a team. Argentina have been involved in too many cagey, unconvincing games. If Argentina win, it would be tacitly justifying the cautious approach we have seen far too many teams take in this knockout round.

It's not that simple. He may be the best club player in the world, but for too many people, until he gets the Maradona monkey off his back during a World Cup, there will always be something lacking. Tonight is his chance to do that.

maybe he's a bit of a monkey but he could jump higher than Peter Shilton ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Bill confusing the Copacabana and the Tiergarten in Berlin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

The Argentinian defence is strong because of Mascherano without him that falls apart, and he won't be 100%.

Brave men can play through all types of injuries, strains, tears, bruises concussions, broken bones.

But nobody has the bottle to further strain a torn anus, no way is he stretching for a ball or running full belt, his body won't let him, nobody is that brave.

This game won't be won by Messi's foot, it's already been lost by Mascherano's arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Germany to win tonight, but I can't see anymore than 2 goals between them in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Khedira out, Kramer in apparently!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kramer comes in for Khedira is a late change..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Khedira will be a big loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Khedira is a big loss for Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

I'm gonna miss Bill after this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The Argentina jersey is lovely, good game pls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

200_s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Gutted for Khedira, horrible time to pick up an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

How gutted would you be to get picked to play in a world cup final and get injured in the warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I'd say there's a few of these but Argentina to win in ET. 1-1 after the 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

vidor wrote: »
    All this 'best in the world' talk is like being back in primary school. Look, there's a lot of great players out there, just ****ing enjoy watching them without resorting to playground chatter.

This attitude tends to come to the fore when it's undoubtedly Messi who is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

3-3 muller and Messi hat tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

I don't mind who wins. I just hope it's going to be a good match.

Also, I hope its over in 90 mins as I have to work tomorrow and I've already started drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wanted to see the Argies in their traditional strip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Some competitive debut for Kramer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Can't believe it's the final already. This World Cup has been amazing. It's depressing that it's ending.

I'll be rooting for the Germans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lahm looks tiny next to Neuer.
    kamon you Germans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I understand that, but statements like "he deserves to win it" just don't make sense to me, and I've been hearing them non stop for days now. It's the same with how he is the Walkaway fa purity with the booties to win top layer of the tournament despite the fact that Muller and Rodriguez (and possibly Robben) have all been better than him. There is just a kind of reluctance to point out any negatives about him, like how he was extremely poor against Iran for 91 minutes, and likewise was pedestrian against Bosnia barring 10 minutes around his goal. He was great against Nigeria and Belgium in fairness, but only so so against the Swiss and was largely invisible against the Netherlands. I only heard today that he did not touch the ball once in the 120 mins in the box in that game... How that wasn't pointed out more often is a bit perplexing to me.

Kramer in, Khedira out. Big loss for Germany.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Kramer comes in for Khedira is a late change..

Not a bother to him

Cosmo_Kramer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

That Argentina jersey is amazing.

Why are none of the Argentine players singing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anthem gets me pumped up every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Blatter sitting beside Putin... That's about right I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

2-1 Argentina, Made for Messi to win this.

Advertisement