Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses in the glen area, how can I get one

Options
  • 12-07-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone. So I've noticed that there's a row of houses vacant in the glen area opposite the XL shop. The problem I have at the moment is due to horrible circumstances my son, partner myself and our two dogs are currently homeless and crashing at a friends house. Could anyone tell me where could I find out more info about them houses? We've been on the waiting list for three years now but my partner put the south side of cork as his preferred matches years ago.
    Could anyone give advice on what I can do/ where to go? We've been looking around but its very hard as its either no rent allowance or no to the two dogs :(
    I don't know what to do anymore I feel really helpless!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apparently they are starting to give them out soon,i assume contacting city council would help,we got a letter in the door from ken o Flynn regarding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bailey.c

ofcork wrote: »
    Apparently they are starting to give them out soon,i assume contacting city council would help,we got a letter in the door from ken o Flynn regarding them.

And how could I contact ken o Flynn? And where do I go to contact the city council? Where are they based could you tell me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bailey.c

bailey.c wrote: »
    And how could I contact ken o Flynn? And where do I go to contact the city council? Where are they based could you tell me? :)

My friend that were staying with was telling me that one of her friends got the key to one of them houses yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just google cork city council,all the numbers are there including numbers for the councillors themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Markcheese

And get rid of the dogs, ... Dogs are nice and all but being homeless ain't ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Apply via this gang
    They dont care if you have dogs.

http://goo.gl/bWCYF4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Markcheese wrote: »

Pity theres not more people like Bailey and taking care of the dogs and not "getting rid" of them.

Hope you find a home some Bailey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

One of the houses is empty and wrecked now, I think it had two residents so far, but they were tormented by scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Where did you hear that, the dark phantom? That's a shame. They're really nice houses and it's a convenient location. Pity if it's populated by the kind of people who would target new neighbours. There is such a scarcity of property, I can't believe anyone would begrudge somebody a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

You actually are a Douglas eegit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

That should be a warning to landlords, not tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

mordeith wrote: »
    That should be a warning to landlords, not tenants.

That's what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ludo wrote: »
    That's what he did.

:o D'oh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Awful kip of a place:eek:

yenom wrote: »
    You actually are a Douglas eegit.

mate, not sure what your problem is. But you have a serious problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Markcheese wrote: »

+1

Personally, if I was in your situation and a pair of dogs was putting me at a disadvantage in finding a house, the dogs would be gone without hesitation. Finding a secure home for your son should be the absolute priority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

mate, not sure what your problem is. But you have a serious problem

You just said 'the northside'. Mahon and Togher and just as bad as anywhere in the Northside. You've a typical Douglas attitude.

yenom wrote: »
    You just said 'the northside'. Mahon and Togher and just as bad as anywhere in the Northside. You've a typical Douglas attitude.

Did you read the article in the link i attached? Clearly not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

What exactly is a "Douglas attitude"? I have lived here a few months and I have yet to experience this. Anyone I've met has been totally nice.

The sheer hypocrisy of your statement is unreal! You are just as prejudiced as those from Douglas whom you rail against, judging character based on where they're from.

• Advertisement

What exactly is a "Douglas attitude"? I have lived here a few months and I have yet to experience this. Anyone I've met has been totally nice.

The sheer hypocrisy of your statement is unreal! You are just as prejudiced as those from Douglas whom you rail against, judging character based on where they're from.

What's even funnier is I have not lived in Douglas(or Ireland) for about 5years.

Advertisement