Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight at vets

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Glad he's doing much better! Seeing your best friends so unwell is never easy. But from the photo, he seems to be a lot better than in the first. Here's hoping you get him back tomorrow with an all clear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

any news today whispered please let it be good when you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Guess who is home and feeling sorry for himself. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Whispered wrote: »
    Guess who is home and feeling sorry for himself. :)

Thank heavens! I keep checking this with baited breath, so delighted to hear he's home.
    Make sure you get some rest now yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

brilliant news now try and relax yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Like Angeldaisy, I kept checking this thread today too :D delighted to hear your boy is home & hopefully on the road to a speedy recovery! Was it a gastric bug in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

He's lost loads of weight but it's all from his belly and waist, I just gave him a tiny amount of his daily food allowance and you can see his waist fill a bit. So he's getting 6 tiny meals a day instead of 2 larger ones. He's so funny, food and straight onto the couch for a big snore.

He has two shaved legs (patchy and slightly fuzzy, you'd know whose dog he is anyway :pac:) and three different meds along with a few days supply of prescribed food.

We're still waiting on a poo, so that will be interesting, I will stay on the couch tonight I think, in case he needs to rush out with diarrhoea. They don't know what it was. It wasn't viral, they checked and I checked with the kennels I used to work for and he's heard nothing about dogs getting sick in the area, plus Harley is 100% fine, so it's likely to have been something really nasty that he ate, or else he was brewing a bug for a long time and it just took over. Lesson learned, Phoe is a scavenger so he needs a closer eye kept on him when out.

It was scary how quickly he went downhill. I'm so glad I copped he wasn't himself that morning. I dread to think what would have happened had I just fobbed his mood off :(. I'm still nervous he could go backwards, but the vet said at the first sign of it to call the emergency number.

Here he is on the journey home.

10329050_668743756535014_1671982070244090510_n.jpg

reunited with his brother who had to slum it on the couch while he was away

10492295_10203730172270195_6751331897550079794_n.jpg

Happy to see K

Advertisement