Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job conflicting with college

Options
  • 12-07-2014 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

so i've done a year of college and deferred that course and i put on my c.v that i'll be attending another course in the acedemic year. it was a general c.v and i handed it to most places. now, i got a call to have an interview for a factory that has 3 month contracts. i'm worried that i won't get the job (which is much needed tbh) because it will conflict with college. what should i say in the interview, am i nervous over nothing, will they work around my needs or what.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Take the job and worry about the details regarding school when you know your schedule. You'll get a good 2 months out of your 3 month contract before it becomes an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Go for it. It will look good on your CV. You done well to get called for interview on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

what im worried about is that i won't be given the job because they'll think i can't do both at once.

what im worried about is that i won't be given the job because they'll think i can't do both at once.

So don't tell them about school

COYVB wrote: »
    So don't tell them about school

it's already on the cv i gave them.

• Advertisement

Well if it's on your CV then they know about it, and they wouldn't have called you in for an interview if they weren't interested. think you're making this a bigger problem in your own mind than it actually is. Go to the interview, if you're offered the job, take it, and see how things pan out regarding school. If you need to leave the job then so be it, it's only a 3 month contract position

COYVB wrote: »
    Well if it's on your CV then they know about it, and they wouldn't have called you in for an interview if they weren't interested. contract position

fair point, thanks

Advertisement