Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding health screening form for Nursing course

Options
  • 12-07-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All. I am due to start an undergrad course in general nursing in September but I am slightly worried about the health declaration form. On the form there is a question " have you experienced depression, anxiety or an eating disorder that may effect your work" I have history of anxiety and anorexia and was undergoing psychiatric treatment last year for anorexia but I have since stopped. I dont believe this will impact on my work, so I dont know will I select yes to this or not? If I did say yes could this impact on my college place? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

It won't impact on your place. I was honest, no issues. I had to fill out a similar form for my chosen hospital's occupational health department, which led to a 2 min conversation with a doc. Half the class had to go see the doc, for me it was only a formality.

Advertisement