Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mitchelstown Exchange at Full Capacity ?

Options
  • 12-07-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Well it is now July 2014, the Eircom fibre map for Mitchelstown say this area has Fibre. 

I am based in Croughavoe, Micthelstown, and Eircom have told me that there is 'No room at the Exchangto provide any broadband at all, and no timeline on when that will change'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

andrew1403 wrote: »
    Well it is now July 2014, the Eircom fibre map for Mitchelstown say this area has Fibre. 

I am based in Croughavoe, Micthelstown, and Eircom have told me that there is 'No room at the Exchangto provide any broadband at all, and no timeline on when that will change'.

I am also from Mitchelstown but I have had a line with years and I am currently getting 7MB down. But I think you are too far from the exchange to get broadband anyway. I think Croughavoe is about 6-7 km away from Mitchelstown which means you are out of luck for broadband. So your best bet is mobile broadband or wireless broadband.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi andrew1403

Can you PM me a Phone number or an exact address if you do not have a Phone number currently. Also what distance are you from Mitchelstown? I am wondering if this is a distance from the exchange issue rather than availability of ports at the exchange. I will be able to look into this more if you can provide those details,

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew1403

Did a good search at the weekend and a property just up the road has broadband. 

Will see what feedback Eircom comes back with. 

stuck2007 wrote: »

I am also from Mitchelstown but I have had a line with years and I am currently getting 7MB down. But I think you are too far from the exchange to get broadband anyway. I think Croughavoe is about 6-7 km away from Mitchelstown which means you are out of luck for broadband. So your best bet is mobile broadband or wireless broadband.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew1403

Just an update.  Eircom run Fibre to Cabinet.  And the nearest Fibre enabled cabinet to Curraghavoe looks to be MSN1_017 at Kilbehenny.  This is 5.1 km from my property, so should be adequate for broadband, albeit there will be latency on the line. I would probably only see 1Mb down, with this length of line.

I have found a couple of cheap satellite broadband providers(Europasat and Tooway), with speeds of 20Mb down and 7Mb up, so may look at this option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Just an update.  Eircom run Fibre to Cabinet.  And the nearest Fibre enabled cabinet to Curraghavoe looks to be MSN1_017 at Kilbehenny.  This is 5.1 km from my property, so should be adequate for broadband, albeit there will be latency on the line.  I would probably only see  1Mb down, with this length of line.

I have found a couple of cheap satellite broadband providers(Europasat and Tooway), with speeds of 20Mb down and 7Mb up, so may look at this option.
    Hi andrew1403

I just replied to a PM from you before I saw this. Unfortunately to be able to get efibre the maximum distance from the efibre enabled cabinet is 2km.

Unfortunately regular Broadband is not available at your address either based on a line test which was completed on the line on the 12/07. As a general rule you should be no more than 5km from a Broadband enabled exchange (In your case you are connected to Mitchelstown) to be able to avail of Broadband

I am sorry I do not have better news for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement
Advertisement