Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Mobile Boarding Pass

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

I tried checking in with the app and it said the same error (there is no booking). I then checked in online.

I then tried to see if it would give me the mobile boarding pass on the app but again the same message. I emailed Ryanair and got the reply that I would need to log out and try to do it as a Guest. I tried this but it gave me a different message (Check-in is already done for this flight).

So it would seem that for bookings made after July 11th, there should be no problem. For bookings made before then, try checking in as Guest. I reckon it may have worked for me had I not checked in on the laptop before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If you have the PDF Boarding passes on your mobile phone, will that suffice to get you through security and boarding?

Does the app bring up something in a different format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

you can get through security fine with the mobile boarding pass, we just write out a manual one for the passangers who have mobile boarding passes at the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I booked a Ryanair flight in April for next week. On Monday, the Ryanair App automatically updated. Later that evening l heard via a Radio interview that one can board using the App.
    So, I registered on MyRyanair and launched the App to have a look around. No Booking showed.
    Since then, I have uninstalled the App and re-installed same. I have logged in on PC and viewed my Booking via Manage My Booking tab. I have also re-sent the Itenerary from the Ryanair Website. I have then logged into the App on my phone using the same E-mail address but my flight details STILL don't show.
    Is there anything else I can try?
    P.S. I tried E-mailing Customer Care and got back a mail with links to various Departments where I have to fill in an On-line Support Form.
    P.P.S. I am using an Android phone..........

I had a similar problem, I then discovered as I didn't register to book that registered to use the app it didn't link the 2 together. If you log out of the app and click 'continue as guest' you can get your booking up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

jnay wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm flying with Ryanair on Monday and Tuesday of next week.

I have the app on my android phone.

When I select check in I get the following message, YOU HAVE NO BOOKINGS TO CHECK IN. WHY NOT PLAN A TRIP?

Its exactly the same when I select MANAGE BOOKINGS.
    And when i select Boarding Pass nothing at all happens

Can anyone help me please?

Log out of the app and click 'continue as guest' you can find your booking this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The only function that doesn't work for me on the app of the 7 that you can press is the boarding pass one. Just highlights it and nothing happens. The faqs on the website says you can use the boarding pass on the app even if you checked in on the computer. Any idea of the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 harrymario

That's what I found over the last few days in two different airports in Sicily. A story last week in the Telegraph says it happened in Spain as well: security wouldn't accept the mobile pass -- all at airports where Ryanair says the system works fine.
    So has anyone else who managed to get the relevant pass on to their phone faced this problem: that someone at the airport doesn't accept it, and you need to go to the Ryanair desk to get a printed one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How does more than one person manage with the mobile pass if there is just one phone?
    I regularly travel with my young kids who don't have phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

How does more than one person manage with the mobile pass if there is just one phone?
    I regularly travel with my young kids who don't have phones.

Worked for me in Malaga 10 days ago. Two adults and one kid, 5 boarding passes, one phone. The gate agents didn't seem too familiar with it but it all worked fine (if a little slow).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Used it the other day going from Edinburgh to Dublin.

No problems at all. Very handy.

The app does run a bit sluggish on android though, anyone else notice that? I'm sure a future update will fix that. All in all, very pleased. Glad Ryanair finally caught up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1huge1 wrote: »
    Used it the other day going from Edinburgh to Dublin.

No problems at all. Very handy.

The app does run a bit sluggish on android though, anyone else notice that? I'm sure a future update will fix that. All in all, very pleased. Glad Ryanair finally caught up.

Ya it's very sluggish for me too on Android in sorting out the boarding pass. There has been 2 updates in the last week and it's still slow enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Used it twice on Monday. It worked very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I used it in Dublin last month, went well through security with no problem scanning it. At the gate however, the Ryanair staff wasn't that happy to see it, told me that they really hate them because they don't have the proper equipment for them and it just takes more time

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Providing you can get the information before leaving, the best way to use this concept seems to be to download the boarding passes using your WiFi system at home, and then take screen captures of the boarding cards, which then means they are in local memory/storage, and these can be retrieved from that storage without any online access at all, which makes it very easy to get the information quickly at the security or gate access points. Did this a couple of weekends ago, and it worked with no hassles,

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭serfboard

Providing you can get the information before leaving, the best way to use this concept seems to be to download the boarding passes using your WiFi system at home, and then take screen captures of the boarding cards, which then means they are in local memory/storage, and these can be retrieved from that storage without any online access at all, which makes it very easy to get the information quickly at the security or gate access points. Did this a couple of weekends ago, and it worked with no hassles,
    That's exactly the way I use the Aer Lingus one and it works perfectly.

It's great at airports where you can scan it yourself to get through.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've only used the Aer Lingus one, not the ryaniar, and also took a screenshot. It's ridiculous that they do not store it offline for you. If I'm in a foreign country I may not have data roaming, what do you do then?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Zascar wrote: »
    I've only used the Aer Lingus one, not the ryaniar, and also took a screenshot. It's ridiculous that they do not store it offline for you. If I'm in a foreign country I may not have data roaming, what do you do then?

Mutter obscenities in whatever language suits the occasion, and hope to find an internet cafe, or a wifi router that's not secured, or pray for WiFi access at the airport.

It's not a nice scenario, and the bigger pain is if you can't check in before leaving on the first leg because it's too far in advance. I find it less than acceptable that they won't let you check in more than a week ahead without paying extra, it should be possible to take a random seat at the time of checking in for the outbound, and that is the end of it.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Avns1s wrote: »
    If you have the PDF Boarding passes on your mobile phone, will that suffice to get you through security and boarding?

Does the app bring up something in a different format?

Can anyone confirm for definite that the above is acceptable? i.e. have the .pdf saved on phone and show it as necessary on boarding?

- I don't particularly want to install their app
    - I don't want to have to worry if i can access the app at that critical moment (perhaps wifi wont be available)
    - Due to the changes they have made - only allowing pre-printing of boarding cards a maximum of 7 days in advance, many people are otherwise going to be frustrated in trying to find an internet cafe to print out a boarding card - at a time when internet cafes are diminishing (as there is less and less need for them as time goes on). Who wants the hassle of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

Can anyone confirm for definite that the above is acceptable? i.e. have the .pdf saved on phone and show it as necessary on boarding?

- I don't particularly want to install their app
    - I don't want to have to worry if i can access the app at that critical moment (perhaps wifi wont be available)
    - Due to the changes they have made - only allowing pre-printing of boarding cards a maximum of 7 days in advance, many people are otherwise going to be frustrated in trying to find an internet cafe to print out a boarding card - at a time when internet cafes are diminishing (as there is less and less need for them as time goes on). Who wants the hassle of that?

PDF Worked fine for me last night. I had an issue last week where my seat number didn't display on the app version for some reason even though I'd selected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Plus, you dont have to open the app and have wifi then, you can just screenshot the boarding pass barcode from the app and store it in your photos on your phone.

Takes the worry out of the situation. Plus if your travelling with other people, send them your boarding pass picture as well and they have it in case your battery dies or something.

• Advertisement

coin wrote:
    PDF Worked fine for me last night. I had an issue last week where my seat number didn't display on the app version for some reason even though I'd selected it.
    Perfect. Thanks for confirming.
    1huge1 wrote: »
    Plus, you dont have to open the app and have wifi then, you can just screenshot the boarding pass barcode from the app and store it in your photos on your phone.

Takes the worry out of the situation. Plus if your travelling with other people, send them your boarding pass picture as well and they have it in case your battery dies or something.

Exactly - time to go paperless. I always carry one of those portable power packs for the phone now - so should never be a scenario whereby caught without power.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We used the app going to and from Edinburgh. Screen shot is definitely the way to go and worked a treat. Was chatting to the lady at the desk on the way home yesterday and she said its best to have it on individual devices because if not they have to print them out so if you have a family of say 6 going away, just screen shot the 6 passes individually. Really good feature and so handy too!!

Just to update...at Budapest airport, they wouldn't work with the .pdf. They sent me back to queue at the check in desk. I was all geared up for an argument over charge for printing off but luckily, it didn't go that way.

Notwithstanding that, just be careful - as obviously the implementation is not exactly universal just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Just to update...at Budapest airport, they wouldn't work with the .pdf. They sent me back to queue at the check in desk. I was all geared up for an argument over charge for printing off but luckily, it didn't go that way.

Notwithstanding that, just be careful - as obviously the implementation is not exactly universal just yet.
    It seems you weren't using a mobile boarding pass but were chancing it by not printing a normal boarding pass. I'm not surprised it wasn't accepted! Just because one poster got away with it shouldn't be a guide to others.

steve-o wrote: »
    It seems you weren't using a mobile boarding pass but were chancing it by not printing a normal boarding pass. I'm not surprised it wasn't accepted! Just because one poster got away with it shouldn't be a guide to others.

steve-o - please read my original query on this on this very thread. Something like 5-6 people have come back and said they were using a .pdf without issue. It's on the back of that - and without any clear information from Ryanair to the contrary - that I stored the .pdf on the phone.

It's interesting because ordinarily I'd expect them to be totally aggressive about stuff like this (and not accept it - and enforce the reprinting charge). Do they feel they're not on solid ground if they do that?

steve-o - please read my original query on this on this very thread. Something like 5-6 people have come back and said they were using a .pdf without issue. It's on the back of that - and without any clear information from Ryanair to the contrary - that I stored the .pdf on the phone.

It's interesting because ordinarily I'd expect them to be totally aggressive about stuff like this (and not accept it - and enforce the reprinting charge). Do they feel they're not on solid ground if they do that?
    In fairness, I can only see one poster (coin) that claims to have actually done it. The Ryanair website is clear - you must print your online boarding pass on an A4 page. So you were lucky not to pay a printing charge.

In fairness, I can only see one poster (coin) that claims to have actually done it. The Ryanair website is clear - you must print your online boarding pass on an A4 page. So you were lucky not to pay a printing charge.

See posts #45,46,50 & 51.

ok, I thought you were making the distinction between using the ryanair app vs.a screenshot or pdf? Now you are saying that only paper based is acceptable. Can you point to where it states this on the Ryanair website?

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/HVafoXtoce/kenny_jacobs_interview.html

They accepted this (production of .pdf boarding pass on smartphone) prior to the launch of the app according to that interview (3:13 onwards).

See posts #45,46,50 & 51.

ok, I thought you were making the distinction between using the ryanair app vs.a screenshot or pdf? Now you are saying that only paper based is acceptable. Can you point to where it states this on the Ryanair website?
    They were all referring to taking screenshots of mobile boarding passes in case of internet connection issues at the airport, which is sensible practice.

You are talking about the normal online boarding pass which is supposed to be printed out on A4 paper and is not related to mobile boarding passes which look entirely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

They were all referring to taking screenshots of mobile boarding passes in case of internet connection issues at the airport, which is sensible practice.

You are talking about the normal online boarding pass which is supposed to be printed out on A4 paper and is not related to mobile boarding passes which look entirely different.

There is no need to use the app. Just do the normal online check-in, then save it as a PDF (for IPhone or Ipad save in IBooks) and use this to check in.

Advertisement