Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Mobile Boarding Pass

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

There is no need to use the app. Just do the normal online check-in, then save it as a PDF (for IPhone or Ipad save in IBooks) and use this to check in.

I am not sure that is the case, when I was referring to a screenshot earlier on, I meant a screenshot of the mobile boarding pass (which is essentially just a QR code), not a screenshot of a PDF which would have to be printed off I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

1huge1 wrote: »
    I am not sure that is the case, when I was referring to a screenshot earlier on, I meant a screenshot of the mobile boarding pass (which is essentially just a QR code), not a screenshot of a PDF which would have to be printed off I would imagine.
    You needn't be unsure of this, I have used it four times with no difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

You needn't be unsure of this, I have used it four times with no difficulty.

Which airport did you use it in?

I admit that I wondered about this. However, it wasn't an automatic gate - security staff with hand held bar code scanner. I'd have liked to have had the chance to scan it in. I'm unsure if that's really an issue - given the ability to pinch size of qr code in/out. I guess I'll never know..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I would print it out just in case

steve-o wrote: »
    They were all referring to taking screenshots of mobile boarding passes in case of internet connection issues at the airport, which is sensible practice.

You are talking about the normal online boarding pass which is supposed to be printed out on A4 paper and is not related to mobile boarding passes which look entirely different.

See link to interview above. If they could work with downloaded .pdf files prior to the app being introduced, what's to stop them from working with them afterwards?

I asked you before to verify what you stated. i.e. that it is clearly stated on the ryanair website as regards what is to be produced. If you have seen this, then please provide link for same.

Probably will be flying again in another few weeks. I'd like to stay paperless from here on in - but of course, only if that's not going to cause grief.

• Advertisement

Which airport did you use it in?

I admit that I wondered about this. However, it wasn't an automatic gate - security staff with hand held bar code scanner. I'd have liked to have had the chance to scan it in. I'm unsure if that's really an issue - given the ability to pinch size of qr code in/out. I guess I'll never know..[/QUOTE

Used in Dublin (automatic gate), Birmingham, and Malta.

I

braddun wrote: »
    I would print it out just in case
    The point is that due to the changes ryanair have made, most people can't print out the return leg of their journey now - as it must be within 7 days.....UNLESS YoU WISH To PURCHASE oNE oF THEIR FABULoUS SEATS!!!

I'm not buying a bloody seat in cattle class! There are only a few seats with value - those exceptional seats with additional leg room. otherwise, it makes no sense to purchase a god damn seat.

If you purchase a seat, you can print out a boarding card whenever you please.......ERGo.....pay the additional ryanair tax - and we will give you the boarding card you were always welcome to print out whenever you like..up until now.

If you are already overseas by the time ryanair allow you to print out the boarding pass, where are you going to be able to print the darn thing??

DannyD wrote: »
    I've checked into one flight for 2 people however only one boarding card is appearing in the Ryanair app? How can I get both boarding cards to appear on the one mobile phone?

When you check in online you should (and do) get a separate boarding pass for each person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

App worked fine for me in Dublin and in two airports in Poland.

It's very sluggish on Andriod though, sort of a pain if want to use the app to search for flights. I hope they fix this

mikemac1 wrote: »
    App worked fine for me in Dublin and in two airports in Poland.

It's very sluggish on Andriod though, sort of a pain if want to use the app to search for flights. I hope they fix this

Forget the app ! Use the Ryanair site on your browser, and click on "my bookings". You can print the BPs from there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I used the mobile boarding pass through Passbook for iPhone going out of Dublin and coming back from Leeds... No issues at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Just a question does the boarding pass work if I screenshot on iPhone then send to an android device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Just a question does the boarding pass work if I screenshot on iPhone then send to an android device?

I don't see why not, Just make sure the brightness on the android phone is up high so the scanner can read it.

Others may have tried it and have a actual result tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why when there's an actual Android app would you bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

January wrote: »
    Why when there's an actual Android app would you bother?

When he checks in on the Iphone,Will he be able to check in on the android after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Have a group of 5 to do that's why just asking cause gonna screenshot and send it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    When he checks in on the Iphone,Will he be able to check in on the android after that?

You will just need to retrieve the boarding pass on the android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

No he wont

He can send the screenshot to any device he wants, it's just a QR code, as long as he has checked in everyone, it doesn't matter what device he did it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

How do you log out of the ryanair app?i cannot for the life of me find the log out button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

App - more - myRyanair - view my profile - logout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

App - more - myRyanair - view my profile - logout

Would you believe i just found it.thank you anyway.

Advertisement