Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roku streaming stick not connecting to HDMI

• 12-07-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Got one of these in the US this week and went to set it up on one of my Bauer Dur21641 TVs, but the HDMI port on the tv doesn't register that there is a device connected. The stick is fine, connected to another tv and all was good.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Which version of the stick did you get, mhl (Model 3400/3420) or hdmi (Model 3500)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It's the HDMI version. It plugs in fine, just getting no signal to the HDMI channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

If it's a 'tight' fit into the hdmi port you might consider using a hdmi extension cable. Could be that pins are not making proper contact.

degsie wrote: »
    If it's a 'tight' fit into the hdmi port you might consider using a hdmi extension cable. Could be that pins are not making proper contact.

will give that a go, but I think it's an issue with the TVs since it happens on both. Also the USB port on the TVs do not power the Roku stick

Looks like it's a loose connection issue. Will get a hdmi extension to see it helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭atilladehun

PaulieC wrote: »
    Looks like it's a loose connection issue. Will get a hdmi extension to see it helps

How did you get on with the roku stick. I'm in the US for a couple of days. Might pick one up.

Advertisement