Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 500W Halogen Floodlight with what

Options
  • 12-07-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I just replaced a PIR activated Halogen light at the front of my house with a PIR activated 30W LED (Tamlite SLP) and tonight will tell the tale as to if I got the settings correct. I want to replace a pretty ugly old halogen at the back of the house now. The problem is that this one is PIR and also can be switched on directly from inside the house. The Tamlite doesn't offer me the ability of a direct feed and I was wondering if anybody could point me to (LED with PIR) lamp that can also be switched on directly. Hope that I explained myself. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

wait4me wrote: »
    I just replaced a PIR activated Halogen light at the front of my house with a PIR activated 30W LED (Tamlite SLP) and tonight will tell the tale as to if I got the settings correct. I want to replace a pretty ugly old halogen at the back of the house now. The problem is that this one is PIR and also can be switched on directly from inside the house. The Tamlite doesn't offer me the ability of a direct feed and I was wondering if anybody could point me to (LED with PIR) lamp that can also be switched on directly. Hope that I explained myself. :o

Most PIR's have a feature that if you toggle the power off then on quickly they will stay on continuously.

If you want a separate switch that will over-ride the PIR output, you'd be best to pick up a good quality PIR from the wholesalers and wire that in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

wait4me wrote: »
    The Tamlite doesn't offer me the ability of a direct feed and I was wondering if anybody could point me to (LED with PIR) lamp that can also be switched on directly. Hope that I explained myself. :o

You can easily connect internally in the fitting to achieve what you want, if i am taking you up correctly. I do this regularly with steinel and other fittings to achieve having pir active or permanently on via a switch.
    Using the toggle function can lead to premature lamp life.

Advertisement