Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Store Wex Town

Options
  • 12-07-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi All

Really starting to get in on Asian cooking but some ingredients hard to find in supermarkets, does anyone know if there are any Asian stores in wexford town?

Thanks
    Wexy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Kate's Farm Shop on the Newline Road has a good selection of dried herbs, spices, pastes, oils etc. As good as you are likely to get in Wexford. Doubt you will get fresh stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

oldyouth wrote: »
    Kate's Farm Shop

Wouldn't have thought of this place at all, got a right few bits here this morn, thanks!

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought of this place at all, got a right few bits here this morn, thanks!

Yeah, the fresh lemongrass is a bit pricey though and I end up throwing some out before I get to use it all. I got a tin of the dried stuff there, but it is not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl sell lemongrass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I think I saw shao xing wine for sale in the lotus house on main Street a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Oldie

Your talents never cease to amaze.:D

Missent wrote: »
    Oldie

Your talents never cease to amaze.:D

I'm brilliant at multi-tasking too. I can talk on any subject and plss people off at the same time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Larry Bee

Old Youth, you can pop any unused lemongrass in the freezer for future use - keeps better than the tinned stuff.

Just a little update. I was in Kate's Farm shop today and they now have the Curry Tree and Passage range that I have being ordering online from Rodrigo Foods, same price too. Very tasty

http://www.rodrigotrading.com/

Advertisement