Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch and Dinner Recommendations

Options
  • 12-07-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hello!

I am bringing around 30 people down to Cork for a few days in August. It is part of an educational tour of Ireland and we are organsing a few lectures in UCC.

In any case - I would really appreciate suggestions of suitable places to eat while in Cork.

For lunch are there any good delis to get a sandwich platter for around a fiver a head. Then for dinner, places where you can reserve a section suitable for that many people and get a decent but not overly expensive meal - 15 - 20 pp.

I'd appreciate any help, as I'm not all that familiar with Cork.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You could try In For Lunch http://www.inforlunch.ie/contact-us.html we used to use them for work and they do loverly platters.. There or the Topaz Station up by Victoria road they would make up a platter for you just give plenty of notice to them as they are very busy at lunchtimes.

Not too sure with the dinner then. I would think you would be better with someplace like Milanos maybe actually Soho in town aswell. With Soho you can have an area reserved for you and they do a few options for food, you could have nibbles, bbq or full dinner...Not mad on the bar downstairs but the restaurant is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Market lane on Oliver Plunkett street is quite good for a crowd and do a 3 course for €20 I think. It's worth giving them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 for market lane. Find them quite good for groups. Run by the same crowd (similar price menu etc) is blackrock castle... interesting building too, although outside town if there are drinks to be had afterwards.

Milano's I would not think suitable for this. that's the pizza express chain, under a different name. I would put that as more of a child-friendly spot than suitable for a set of conference/lecture attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If you're in UCC, I really like the restaurant in the River Lee Hotel (old Jury's on Western Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Another good place for a large group would be the Cornstore (http://cornstorecork.com/)

• Advertisement
Advertisement