Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with updating furniture in camper. Veneer?

Options
  • 12-07-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to update some units in my campervan and add in a couple of extra units. All pretty simple, straight lines and flat surfaces.

I have very limited experience with woodwork but will be able to knock something together to meet our needs. I was considering getting some sort of laminate/veneer (if they're the right terms) to stick on all the units, new and old. Doesn't have to be anything fancy and must be as cheap as possible. My main goal is to have a uniform look in the van.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what material would be the best to use and where to find it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You can still buy formica sheet in some older hardware shops. It glues on with contact adhesive and is as tough as old boots.
    Best ring around for availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

recipio wrote: »
    You can still buy formica sheet in some older hardware shops. It glues on with contact adhesive and is as tough as old boots.
    Best ring around for availability.

Thanks, something like that is what I'm after. Never even heard of it before! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Moomat wrote: »
    Thanks, something like that is what I'm after. Never even heard of it before! :)

A surprising survivor from the 1950's. It can be routed as well ( hope your have a router ) so glue on slightly oversize and rout the profile of your choice.

Advertisement