Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York Rd, Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 12-07-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have been in Dun Laoghaire but I am looking at getting a place on York Road. I'm aware that there are some places around Dun Laoghaire that aren't that nice but I'm not too familiar with York Road. is it safe walking from the dart to there? What is York road like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Very handy for the DART, 5 minute quick pace. Ideal location tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sourdummies

Chinasea wrote: »

Is it a safe area?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is it a safe area?

Yes it is, I have often waited for the last citybound 46A at the stop near the DL end of York Road and never had any problems. There isn't really much pedestrian traffic on the road, your biggest potential problem is noise from motorised traffic 24 x 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Chinasea wrote: »

Also, there is the 46A (for UCD), 75 (Dundrum, Tallaght, Sandyford, Stillorgan), 7 (for Cherrywood mainly or if the DART breaks down) and 59 (Fitzpatrick's Castle and Killiney Village). Dun Laoghaire DART Station is also served by peak hour Commuter trains for Maynooth or Drogheda as well as the Intercity for Wicklow or Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Is it a safe area?

I don't know if this would sway you or not but you should know there is a homeless shelter on York Road. Not sure if the 'residents' cause any hassle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

fartyarse wrote: »
    I don't know if this would sway you or not but you should know there is a homeless shelter on York Road. Not sure if the 'residents' cause any hassle though.

It's not on York Road actually. Imo Dun laoghaire houses: the good, the bad and the ugly. Reality I suppose.

Advertisement