Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm moving to Longford

Options
  • 12-07-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,
    Just wanted some advice.
    As the title says, i'm moving to longford town soon.

What do i need to know about the town?
    Like what is there to do, or what are the facilities like.
    Are there any good pubs/nightclubs/restaurants?

Furthermore, where should i look for accommodation?
    Where are the good areas to live, or where are the rougher areas?
    I was looking at the apartments near the market square - are they worth living in?
    Or should i be looking at different areas?
    I don't drive, and i'll be looking to stay close to the town, so any suggestions cant be too far out!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Pubs and clubs are on a low and I think the spiral tree is the main area and valentines. That said I've not been out in a long time. Apartments near market square I don't think are too bad. Maybe try for new street. They look nice and kept well. Other than that house wise there wouldn't be any I'd go for at a reasonable price. There's a decent Dunne's and Tesco. Penny's is small. There's a new Iceland right beside aldi and the lidl is nearer Dunne's. Loads of chemists and doctors about I can recommend if your changing just pm me..

Can't think of anything else but feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Pubs and clubs are on a low and I think the spiral tree is the main area and valentines. That said I've not been out in a long time. Apartments near market square I don't think are too bad. Maybe try for new street. They look nice and kept well. Other than that house wise there wouldn't be any I'd go for at a reasonable price. There's a decent Dunne's and Tesco. Penny's is small. There's a new Iceland right beside aldi and the lidl is nearer Dunne's. Loads of chemists and doctors about I can recommend if your changing just pm me..

Can't think of anything else but feel free to ask

I would stay well clear of those apartments. The ones on New Street are nice, but if you have a car you could always rent a house just outside the town for roughly the same price and have way more space...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 longfordbound

I would stay well clear of those apartments..

Whats wrong with them?
    I dont have a car. Just walking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I rented in Oakvale (Ballinalee Road) for a few years and it was grand. Plenty of accommodation around town within easy walking distance without being stuck in town centre flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

A family member is renting out a small house(1 -2 bed) close to town centre.Very close to all shops,main st etc.PM me for details if interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement