Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Revelations 2 ????

Options
  • 13-07-2014 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Resident evil 6 from journalist eyes were incredibly mixed while from fans its was so disappointing and while Resident evil 5 for some I quite enjoyed that game, was not perfect but not as bad as some made it out to be. playing with my cousin Co-Op multiple times I thought it was fun enough. So it looked like Capcom handling on the series to push to get the Cod players and forgot about the core fanbase that resident evil as we know it is dead, But a certain other resident evil game came out the same year that people forget about for 3ds later ported over to the home consoles and pc which to me was wha resident evil 6 should of been.

Widely Received by fans and critics I played the living **** out of it when I borrowed it from my friend for the 3ds and also have it for the ps3 , With capcom saying they will return to horror for the resident evil franchise I hope they continue on building on the revelations aspect which had some eery moments and scary monsters.

it seems revelations 2 has been listed by a Russian retailer VideoIGR for everything other than 3ds and wii u.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/12/resident-evil-revelations-2-spotted-on-russian-retailers-site-no-3ds-or-wii-u-listed/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Revalations was great compared to all recent RE games. I still did not really liked gun and upgrade system. Felt way too arcadish for me. I
    If they do the next RE game based on revalations then capcom miggtvpullvthat corpse and give it some life again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Really enjoyed Resi Revelations, played it on PC. Thought it was a much better version of Resi 6 (i.e. similar in a lot of ways but executed far better); would love to see the same type setup for a sequel (3 smaller campaigns of different gameplay types; classic Resi, action, and escape). One thing they never do enough of is puzzles. There may be even less than God of War games at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jesus Richie I could barely make sense of the first 2 sentences
    Resident evil 6 from journalist eyes were incredibly mixed while from fans its was so disappointing and while Resident evil 5 for some I quite enjoyed that game, was not perfect but not as bad as some made it out to be. playing with my cousin Co-Op multiple times I thought it was fun enough. So it looked like Capcom handling on the series to push to get the Cod players and forgot about the core fanbase that resident evil as we know it is dead,

I then clicked on your link, and the first thing that hit me was the image...and the boobs....and how they are strangely misshapen

Can't remember even hearing about the game tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »

I then clicked on your link, and the first thing that hit me was the image...and the boobs....and how they are strangely misshapen

The boobs are mid jiggle based on my expert opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

SeantheMan wrote: »

Sorry about that , I just woke up when I wrote that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

The boobs are mid jiggle based on my expert opinion.

:D

Have to laugh though, that banner is pure clickbait.

Was delighted when Revelations got the console port and would love to see a sequel. But, isn't the Resi franchise getting a bit stale at the mo?

(Says me, that just played the Directors Cut and RE3 over the weekend).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently a load of secrets hidden in this teaser trailer. I really need to play the 1st one on ps3.

Edit, also Revelations 2 is now listed on the PSN store with a release date of yesterday. Must be just so they can put the teaser trailer on the site as well

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil-revelations-2/cid=EP0102-CUSA00804_00-DISCONLYPARENT00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well from about 0:26 onwards, you can see Rachel from Revelations 1 standing by the back wall (she has the hair covering her face). Apart from that I've not heard of many others but not really dug into it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just a note that Revelations is currently on sale on Xbox 360 for just over a tenner. Well worth it even if you have played the 3DS version.

Just a note that Revelations is currently on sale on Xbox 360 for just over a tenner. Well worth it even if you have played the 3DS version.

Damn, would whip that up on PS3 in a second. Currently 30 quid there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's on PC via fas2play.com for just under a tenner for a steam key too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I had great fun with Res Revelations, then I tried playing 6 and gave up half way because it was terrible.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Don't get me started on RE6. I feel I'm the only stoic defender of it on Boards, with 450hrs clocked on Steam for it.

450 hours! Jaysus that's a lot. Though it is kinda fun, really like it's and Revelations style of co-op MP, something about the movement and "feel" of the guns, hard to find decent alternatives.

anyone get this today? Hefty amount of 'micro' transactions. 3 euro for 1 costume? BARGAIN! :rolleyes:

Resident Evil Revelations 2
    • Season Pass (£15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95)
    • Costume Pack (£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95)
    • Barry’s Commandant Costume (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
    • Claire’s Rodeo Costume (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
    • Moira’s Urban Ninja Costume (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
    • Natalia’s Lottie Suit Costume (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
    • Raid Mode Character: HUNK (£1.99/€2.49/AU$3.75)
    • Raid Mode Character: Albert Wesker (£1.99/€2.49/AU$3.75)
    • Raid Mode: Throwback Map Pack (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
    • Raid Mode: Life Crystals X 5 (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Life Crystals X 12 (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Life Crystals X 25 (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
    • Raid Mode: Parts Storage A (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Parts Storage B (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Parts Storage C (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Album Storage A (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Album Storage B (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Album Storage C (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Samurai Edge & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Shotgun TAP194 & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Chicago Typewriter & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Assault Rifle NSR47 & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Sniper Rifle SVD & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Python & Parts (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
    • Raid Mode: Weapon Storage A (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Weapon Storage B (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
    • Raid Mode: Weapon Storage C (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got it, it's better than i was expecting. Not as good value for money as Res HD remake but good enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone else hooked on the Raid Mode in Revelations? It's probably the most addicting Mercs incarnation.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

To get or not to get... I bought RE 1 HD for Xbox One because in my eyes it is the best RE ever made and is the way RE should be. Not convinced on Revelations 2.

• I have yet to finish the first RE: revelations on the x360. Going to get that complete before I go near this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is the first Revelations co-op?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have yet to finish the first RE: revelations on the x360. Going to get that complete before I go near this.

There is no need to story wise as they are not related. Revelations 2 takes place between the events of Res Evil 5 and Res 6.

• Advertisement

• There is no need to story wise as they are not related. Revelations 2 takes place between the events of Res Evil 5 and Res 6.

Played the first one yesterday and I'm on chapter 10. Still want to get it done. I'm trying to get 1 game complete before I move to the next.

I read raid mode in rev 2 is class

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seen the drama about local coop on PC and have to ask.......does anyone play local coop on PC in games that are not FIFA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seen the drama about local coop on PC and have to ask.......does anyone play local coop on PC in games that are not FIFA?

Is network co-op available? I have to say I don't think I've ever played local co-op on a PC game.... apart from maybe Worms....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Yes, the game inflicts chronic stuttering during transitions and certain sequences even on some of the most up-to-date gaming rigs. Some got away with it - most haven't. For me, it plays at 50-60 FPS solid for the most part - but will occasionally chuck in stutters (20FPS or more) while cache-ing during level transitions and at the start of RAID matches. It's playable - but an anti-immerser. Yes, the models (just like Rev1) aren't going to be top-notch, so don't expect RE6 quality. Textures are pretty low as expected of ports from Capcom - but the game still looks decent.

I thought it was my laptop struggling with the original but it seems quite common. I hope it's able to handle this.

I've sank several-fold more hours into Raid Mode than the main game. I'm currently struggling with the broken Abyss levels.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Also getting bad frame rate drops and stutter with this game on PC. It doesn't look as good as RE6 which ran silky smooth on my PC.

Gameplay wise, first episode was solid and raid mode is good fun.

Azza wrote: »
    Also getting bad frame rate drops and stutter with this game on PC. It doesn't look as good as RE6 which ran silky smooth on my PC.

Gameplay wise, first episode was solid and raid mode is good fun.

I think it's down to the port rather than hardware. I'm really hope Revelations 2 isn't as good looking as RE6 as then I won't get to play it for years.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Second episode got some very positive reviews, almost makes me want to return to the series after a long time away from the games.

Yeah, amazed be the reviews feedback. Looking forward to getting stuck into Ep2 now. Haven't even touched Raid mode yet.

Great value so far for €25 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah, amazed be the reviews feedback. Looking forward to getting stuck into Ep2 now. Haven't even touched Raid mode yet.

Great value so far for €25 imo.

Thats whats tempting me , it's 39.99 for a physical copy, and the episodes are being released much much faster than other episodic titles, which is surprising given the possible replay value in them with various modes.

• Advertisement

Hrm, seems Capcom is listening and trying to patch in local co-op on the PC, have a buggy BETA version out now.

Steam page link

Seems legit (posted by a developer account) so might try it later. No finding someone to play with is the problem....

Also, 2nd episode this evening, Destructoid have a review up
    9/10 again

Advertisement