Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Revelations 2 ????

Options
2»

Comments

• I can't see episode 2 in the store, I thought it was released today??

Really enjoyed the first episode, have yet to give raid mode a go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone think the running animations are a bit daft? I'm going by Ropedrink's video btw.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was referring to HUNK's running at the start of your latest video. Maybe, as you've pointed out, it's because we've never seen it before in a Resident Evil game. Sounds like a good tactical addition.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Played some raid yesterday evening. It's very addictive. Really enjoying it.

Second episode is available also, it's a bit confusing in relation to how you download it.
    You need to load up episode 1 and then the download option becomes available in the menu.

It should then detect if you have the season pass or not.

*Edit* Sorry not confuse between RopeDrink and me, I'm talking about the Xbox One version.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ah - that's the FPS stutter (port issue) - first minute or two of the vid is pretty laggy due to it. Fast-forward to about halfway (with 1080p @ 60 FPS enabled) to see the massive difference.

I still think it looks a bit off but if that's the biggest issue then it should be a good game.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Honestly can't see it, myself. He runs with both hands clasped when using SMG's/AR's/Shotties (big guns, as you would), whereas characters free-arm sprint with hand-held weapons etc

Fair enough. It looks a but OTT to me but that might change when I play it for myself.

H. H. Asquith

• Episode 3 available now fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Patch 1.3 is also up on Steam, that adds local co-op to the PC version (was in a beta form before).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Episode 4 is reportedly the weak link in the chain and not as strong as the other chapters. I only finished Ep3 last night and I was amazed at how long Claire's section was, Barry's felt short but was actually on par with the others. Overall though this has turned out far better than I had hoped with old skool puzzles featuring.

Still wondering what the 2 bonus episodes are going to be and how to unlock them.

Still wondering what the 2 bonus episodes are going to be and how to unlock them.

Saw on a site what they are
    one playing as Moira alone, the other as Natalia alone, could be interesting as they wouldn't be fighting as much as Claire/Barry

• RopeDrink wrote: »
    Well, RER2 was worth every cent. Ending was a bit too thick on the cheese but the whole experience was very satisfactory... And not only did it unlock tonnes of Raid Mode content but also a blitz of costumes, the two (fun) bonus episodes and lots more, added on to the inclusion of RE.Net

Last slice to be added is co-op in Raid Mode. All in all, for 25euro, it's one insanely replayable package. I've yet to find all the Kafka/Emblems/Bugs, nevermind finish countdown / invisible modes -- and plenty of achievements left from campaign / bonus / raid mode to grab.

Evgeny was a joy to play as, though I'm annoyed his rifle-butt smash type melee moves weren't used in Raid Mode.

When is this being added?

Also, Capcom are rolling out the RE.net connectivity with Rev2 on April 1st, usually these add bonus weekends and unlockable content.

Also finished Chapter 4
    got bad ending :( Tried "The Struggle" and god damn is it hard, just swarms of enemies and less ammo than the regular campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just finished the game yesterday on Normal, I want to go back and get all the collectables and medals with chapter select but on Casual for an easy time. When I select it it warn me that it will overwrite may save. Does that mean everything is gone if I change difficulty? The game is not very clear about it, I hope it just mean my current checkpoint is gone but everything unlocked so far is still there?

Im gonna guess it means your checkpoints, how on earth would they expect you to unlock everything in one playthrough.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Catching up on your Ropey, up to level 84, Code Red unlocked.
    Will play a few co-op games with you once its available.

• Just completed the main game tonight excluding the additional bonus chapters.
    Annoyed with the ending due to the reason why I got the bad one.

Anyway I really enjoyed the game, not sure why the last chapter got so much hate I loved it.

Story wise, the 'reason' makes sense. Look at it this way - it doesn't take much to trigger either ending - and because the game has so many reasons to replay it (and additional ending/filler/explanations from the bonus episodes), it really isn't a big deal.

The only time I can see someone being annoyed is if they unlock "The Struggle" via a Bad Ending (as that makes the ending/story go haywire if you, like most people, complete a game and move straight to bonus content).

Your hardcore IMO.
    If I'm honest I probably won't get time to play through again for a few weeks. I'm hoping to play on hard when I get the chance and hopefully adjust to get the good ending.

True - and I tend to undervalue that when giving info to other people. Thing is, it's not like I had a tonne of free time given I work about 10hours a day - but I've played all the 'Shooter' RE's and most of the older ones and they all tend to have the same format (shoot weakspot, conserve ammo via melee etc) - and it's the format I enjoy (660hrs in RE6 Mercenaries etc).

Played enough to learn the majority of the episode routes (and it helps that they're all an average of 10-25mins in length).

The game is designed to be played on repeat in nice bite-size chunks so by the time you've played it on HARD (and then Survival), you'll be speed-running in no time. The ending trigger takes about 15mins of playtime to switch to the one you want -- so take your time, enjoy everything else and just flip that switch when you feel like it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as smart. I just meant I wouldn't have enough time to invest on the game at the moment.
    Bloodbourne has me by the balls :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement