Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pump running constantly

• 13-07-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to ask for advice.

The pump in my rented apt is running constantly has happened before and was repaired. I have turned off the pump so it doesn't burn out

My question is do I need to turn the pump on to run the washing machine? Also can I turn the emersion heater on with the pump off and then only turn on the pump when I want to shower?

My landlady is away so will probably be Tuesday before I can get anyone out.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Immersion is ok and safe with pump off.

95% of WM are plumbed to the water mains.
    Some in apartments are off the pump and won't work properly without it.
    So I'd recomend not useing it till your sure, just been cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Wm should be off mains connection so would be ok to use, in anyevent it wouldn't work with out water.

There shouldn't be any issue heating water and only turning pump on when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Thank you both for your help, will leave the WM off until I get sorted :)

Advertisement