Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order to non-Irish SEPA account

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Poncke wrote: »
    Cheers Bob, I have been with BOI for 11 years, and I normally like being a loyal customer. Been with UPC/Virgin for over 20 years, with Bord Gais 11 years, etc. It is a hassle to switch, especially banks because so many things are set up to my BOI account. However, I just wish they would listen to their clients rather then just thinking about their bottom line. They owe us that much after bailing them out with 90 billion of tax payers money. 

Yes I tend to be a loyal customer as well and used them for 10 years before closing my account, but at some point they have to realise there is a limit to how far they can go even with loyal customers.

Obviously it’s your decision and you obviously are the best position to know what’s better for you, but I’d say don’t get to caught up about transferring DDs, standings orders or credit card details. It’s not that troublesome and is a once off thing, and the question I would ask it wether it is worth sticking forever with a bank which has been demonstrating for years that it’s not willing to compete in the customer service front compared to others (once you’re gone you can forget about them and never turn back ... if you stay you’ll likely still be frustrated with these usues for years to come). It’s easy to open an account with another bank to compare the service and gradually move your things if you like it rather than taking a Big Bang approach ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Agreed. 

Do you know a bank in Ireland that offers SO to international SEPA accounts? 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Agreed. 

PTSB definitely do (but they are also not great with mobile payments). I strongly suspect KBC does (and they also have a good app plus all mobile payment option), but you should double check and not take my word on this one. Not sure about the other ones as I haven’t use them.

Also if you don’t mind a strictly online bank based in Germany but which official serves the Irish market, N26 definitely support it as well (this is my day to day banking solution)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Agreed. 

So do AIB.  Basically all other banks!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement