Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help in Maths Qs.

• 13-07-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I cant seem to get Q4 at all especially part a
    Part of Q9 I cannot get part f and g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I am not sure if i got part d right in relation to Q 10.
    Also I cannot get e, do you put x equals 0 and y equals 0.
    Because I tried that with the equation I got from previous question but the x value sums up as fraction so maybe the equation is wrong for part d

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Dude, it's July :p

I haven't done co-ordinate geometry for over a month now, I'll have a look at them this evening.

But seriously, go get wasted or something :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Q4, a lot of people get caught out with this question. Once you know about the properties of the equation of the line, it's easy.

When an equation of a line is written in the form y = mx + c, m = slope and c = y intercept.

You can start by re-writing the four equations in the form y = mx + c. You'll see that 2 of them have equal and positive slopes and the other 2 have equal and negative slopes. Looking at the y intercepts of the lines (c value), 2 of them have a y intercept of 4 and the other 2 have -2.

Now you know which ones are which. Positive slope + y intercept of 4 = m, negative slope + y intercept of 4 = j and so on. Once you understand how it works, you'll probably be able to recognise and label them just by looking at it.

For part b, mark your y intercepts and then just go from there.

Once you do b, part c should become more clear.

The other two are full Section B questions, I'll do them tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Nimr wrote: »
    Q4, a lot of people get caught out with this question. Once you know about the properties of the equation of the line, it's easy.

When an equation of a line is written in the form y = mx + c, m = slope and c = y intercept.

You can start by re-writing the four equations in the form y = mx + c. You'll see that 2 of them have equal and positive slopes and the other 2 have equal and negative slopes. Looking at the y intercepts of the lines (c value), 2 of them have a y intercept of 4 and the other 2 have -2.

Now you know which ones are which. Positive slope + y intercept of 4 = m, negative slope + y intercept of 4 = j and so on. Once you understand how it works, you'll probably be able to recognise and label them just by looking at it.

For part b, mark your y intercepts and then just go from there.

Once you do b, part c should become more clear.

The other two are full Section B questions, I'll do them tomorrow :o

Thanks so much

Advertisement