Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox parental controls

Options
  • 13-07-2014 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway to turn off parental controls so that when someone goes to add a friend they are not prompted for the parents email password.

I've set up hotmail account for the console, and a Xbox live.

I get the impression its either linked to my own hotmail account, or I entered too young a DOB originally. I didn't want this, but I don't seem to be able to turn it off.

I deleted all the profiles, re-downloaded it from live, recreating a new profile, and its still prompting for. Parental controls are off on the console and the DOB is now older. But its still prompts for it.

I dunno how non techie parents manage this. Or kids do it on their own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Go to Xbox.com, sign in with your parental email, select my account in the top right corner and when the next page loads scroll down to the bottom and under the heading safety you should have an option that say manage my privacy and online safety. After selecting this you will be taken to a page where you can click on his profile and change his settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Cheers I'll try that.

Theres no way to unlink them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not until your account hits 18, per whatever DOB you put in when you set up the account.

For the permissions, you can also change them on the Xbox. Go to settings and into Family.

If you get up a new account I assume theres no way to transfer the Live Account credit from one to another.

So if buying more live credit at that point it would be wise to set up a new account with no parental settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

What do you mean by live account credit? I assume you are talking about any remaining time left on an xbox live subscription.

If this is the case ring support and if you ask nicely enough they should be able to cancel the subscription and issue you any time remaining in new codes so long as it is more than a month. Just explain why you want to do this and it shouldn't be a problem.

If you are talking about account currency you will loose this if you set up a new account.

• Advertisement

Yes the time left on the Xbox Live Credit.

Its just a royal pain, every game now wants my email and password to set them up. I don't want to do this as my hotmail is my live account for development etc. I don't want it linked to a kids gaming account.

I'm trying to set up an ea account now and on the xbox it wants my hotmail details. Just Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I don't you'll get any junk from having it linked to your son's account. Fairly certain it's just there as a check.

I gave up and just put it in.

I could understand if it was a separate parental code. But not the password for your email.

Advertisement