Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I tell my girlfriend I was a virgin

• 13-07-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

So Im 20 years old and only recently lost my virginity. I had the opportunity to loose it a few times before but just never did, I didn't want to just lose it at a one night stand.

The problem is that when I met my girlfriend 5 months ago I kinda insinuated that I was a bit more experienced. I never told her I was a virgin, she told me she lost hers at 15. I didnt tell her because I was embarrassed.

I think that she might find it weird, is it okay to keep this a secret or should I tell her that I lost it to her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

Is there anything in particular that is prompting you to tell her?

I don't know what you mean exactly by insinuated, I take it you made a few off the cuff remarks, maybe not making a big elaborated story?

If you decide to tell her I can't really see any negative consequences coming from it, I think if anything she will be flattered if you're honest about it.

Just my two cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

You don't have to tell her if you would prefer not to. Your sex life before you met her is none of her business.

She doesn't need to know and you're not in any way morally compelled to tell. Keeping quiet isn't a lie, it's the essence of discretion in sexual matters. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

SeanFxx wrote: »
    Hi,

So Im 20 years old and only recently lost my virginity. I had the opportunity to loose it a few times before but just never did, I didn't want to just lose it at a one night stand.

The problem is that when I met my girlfriend 5 months ago I kinda insinuated that I was a bit more experienced. I never told her I was a virgin, she told me she lost hers at 15. I didnt tell her because I was embarrassed.

I think that she might find it weird, is it okay to keep this a secret or should I tell her that I lost it to her?

There should be no issue about you being a virgin it makes no difference. Tell her if you want to. It is not weird at all. :)

Don't worry about it.

If you don't feel comfortable with it thats ok. But I think it is nice to let her know about you. But its up to you. She is not gonna think anything of it. :)

Advertisement