Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC & Travel/Health Insurance

Options
  • 13-07-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, well the D-Day is coming around fast for me (August 24th, the day after my birthday!!) and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row now.

In terms of insurance, what are/did most of you do? I looked at VHI Canada Cover and even for the most basic it's coming in at €418...seems steep, so would like to check with people here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Hi guys, well the D-Day is coming around fast for me (August 24th, the day after my birthday!!) and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row now.

In terms of insurance, what are/did most of you do? I looked at VHI Canada Cover and even for the most basic it's coming in at €418...seems steep, so would like to check with people here!

I went with vhi I'm heading couple days after ya to. The policy is abouts the best coverage wise against go for less who's just blue insurance who's cover is crap. With insurance you get what you pay for . Even at that price it works at like what 50 cent a day . It's reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How much was VHI?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Faith wrote: »
    How much was VHI?

depends on what you want to add on .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

USIT or VHI??? Anyone with either and how did you find them???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Plead ar

123DarcySt wrote: »
    USIT or VHI??? Anyone with either and how did you find them???

I looked up vhi and there's is coming to 483 euro for me with all the add ons. I also looked at trailfinders and usit and many more but it gets mind boggling to be honest! Trailfinders were straight up and said their cover wouldn't do as it's only for backpacking really and only lasts a year. I read somewhere that immigration willingly let your visa last the two years only if your insurance is for the two full years too. I was on to Sayit and they have a good flight deal leaving end of September so I'm thinking of going then.their insurance cover is for 350euro.the few recommendations I've gotten on boards is to take the vhi cover.i dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I have a long term illness. Anyone know of a company that will cover something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I'm heading over in 3 weeks and currently looking at backpackers insurance, anyone got any experience with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

August 24th

5 years to the day after I moved over here on an IEC! Hopefully you have as much luck as I did

• Advertisement
Advertisement