Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB speakers

Options
  • 13-07-2014 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I want to get speakers like these or maybe these actual ones

I want to plug them into a usb to the back of computer on the floor. And do not want to have a separate power source.ie plugged into power outlet.
    The usb is power? They would have to be connected to audio out as well?

One review of this or a similar said there was no volume and they had to removed each time.

I want speakers that can be turned up and down from the computer without having to go looking under the desk

The speakers on the computer monitor are very low and i justwantv to be able to hear it. i do not want rubbish buzzing like in a tesco set i got before butvthey do notv have to be top of the range.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

I got these for a phone dock http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00544XKK4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1405282907&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Decent sound of them. Powered by a standard usb port and connect with a normal 3.5mm Jack
    71eCzE1I3GL._SX600_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

KAGY wrote: »
    I got these for a phone dock http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00544XKK4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1405282907&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Decent sound of them. Powered by a standard usb port and connect with a normal 3.5mm Jack
    71eCzE1I3GL._SX600_.jpg
    Thanks. Can the volume be controlled from the computer?

GoodLord wrote: »
    Thanks. Can the volume be controlled from the computer?

It plugs into the normal head phone Jack so yes. The normal "speaker" icon in the system tray beside the time

They might have a long enough cable to sit by your keyboard

It plugs into the normal head phone Jack so yes. The normal "speaker" icon in the system tray beside the time

They might have a long enough cable to sit by your keyboard
    ok thanks

The headphone jack? Does that mean you would be listening on head phones? My headphone jack is at the front of the PC but the audio in is at the back and connected to the monitor. So can you clarify you can change volume by the normal "speaker" icon in the system tray beside the time if not listening on headphones.

Thanks

ok thanks

The headphone jack? Does that mean you would be listening on head phones? My headphone jack is at the front of the PC but the audio in is at the back and connected to the monitor. So can you clarify you can change volume by the normal "speaker" icon in the system tray beside the time if not listening on headphones.

Thanks

They're actually the same thing (more or less, the rear speaker is normally turned off if you plug something in the front socket) . If there's a few sockets on the back use the green one.

So yep you'll be able to control the volume with either the speaker icon, buttons on the keyboard if it has them or the volume slider in your program (e.g media player or YouTube)

• Advertisement

They're actually the same thing (more or less, the rear speaker is normally turned off if you plug something in the front socket) . If there's a few sockets on the back use the green one.

So yep you'll be able to control the volume with either the speaker icon, buttons on the keyboard if it has them or the volume slider in your program (e.g media player or YouTube)
    OK many thanks for explaining

usb powered means a cable from speaker to computer, no wall power? i have seen one which was plugged to wall with usb to speaker like my phone charger

usb powered means a cable from speaker to computer, no wall power? i have seen one which was plugged to wall with usb to speaker like my phone charger

Usb powered means it gets 5 volts from a usb cable , this can be either a usb port on your pc or a phone charger (handy if you want to connect to something else like listening to your phone or mp3 player

Usb powered means it gets 5 volts from a usb cable , this can be either a usb port on your pc or a phone charger (handy if you want to connect to something else like listening to your phone or mp3 player
    Thanks. I saw one that had a USB with a wall power plug on other end like my phone charger

Advertisement