If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation - Subwoofer for Denon DM38 system with BX2 speakers?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi. 

I bought a Denon DM38 system from yourselves a while back with a set of Monitor Audio BX2 speakers. I am very happy with it. It sounds great but at times I wouldn't mind just a bit more bass. 

I was wondering if you could recommend a cheap but decent active subwoofer for this system please? The room where I have it set up is slightly oddly shaped but the main area dimensions are about 7m x 3.5m.

I should say I'm just at the "research" stage at the moment so any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Hi. 

I bought a Denon DM38 system from yourselves a while back with a set of Monitor Audio BX2 speakers. I am very happy with it. It sounds great but at times I wouldn't mind just a bit more bass. 

I was wondering if you could recommend a cheap but decent active subwoofer for this system please? The room where I have it set up is slightly oddly shaped but the main area dimensions are about 7m x 3.5m.

I should say I'm just at the "research" stage at the moment so any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hi cjlawlor.

You should look at the Tannoy SFX subwoofer which is priced at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/tannoy/sfx-sub/tann-sfx-sub-blk

This is a very nice little sub for the money with out breaking the bank.

Above that for ourselves would be the Cambridge SX120 priced at £179.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/sx120/camb-sx-120

If you wanted to stay with Monitor Audio it would be the BXW10 priced at £449.00 (I could go cheaper to £400) but it may be over kill for the DM39 :)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/monitor-audio/bronze-bxw10/moni-audio-bxw10-blk

Delivery on a sub would be £12.99

I hope this is of help.

Should you come across anything else while doing research please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Thanks again for your help Kenny. I ordered the Tannoy from you last night through your adverts.ie shop.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Thanks again for your help Kenny. I ordered the Tannoy from you last night through your adverts.ie shop.
    Hi CJ,

Thanks a lot for the order :)

We'll have the sub shipped out today for delivery tomorrow.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.