Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bra Question

• 13-07-2014 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I was in Debenhams last week and noticed they were having a massive sale, bras included so decided to get a bra fit. After measuring me and my sister (whom i've always felt has tits twice my size as hers are saggy) it turned out we were the same exact size, a 32DD. This came as a shock to me as i've always thought I was small chested, always wore 36B's (to be honest they had no support and rode up/down and were just terrible, same as not wearing any).

The thing is, I'm wearing one of the new bras right now, and there's spillage at the sides, underarm fat. I had that before too, but it wasnt as pronounced (cause the bras werent tight!). I'm not heavy or overweight at all, so I think it might be breast issue according to what i've read. Does that mean I need to go a cup bigger and buy 32E's?

I'm a bit confused, its my first time actually investing in good bras and all, so just wanna know if I made a mistake buying the bras I bought!

I read it goes away if you keep bringing it into the bra every morning while putting it on, so I dont know if its this cup thats wrong considering i've had that spillage there for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Did you try putting it on "properly" - you may need to Google this. It involves sitting your boobs into the cups, standing upright and fixing the hook, and then scooping your boobs to sit them into the cups properly. Horrible description, you'll find a far better one, but it would certainly get rid of spillage around your underarms.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

First, measure yourself again. Use this calculator http://www.brasizecalculator.tk and read this FAQ http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/faq

That should answer most of your questions. If you're sure you're wearing the correct size, it might be that the bra itself just isn't a good fit. Frustratingly, bra sizes vary as much as clothes sizes, so a 32DD in one brand or style might be perfect and in another, might be too big/small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did you try on all the new bras before you bought them? Different brands will fit differently even if you choose the same size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Thanks for the feedback. Yep when I do it "properly" there's just sooo much spillage at the front, which within minutes transfers back to the sides. Typical underarm fat and upper back fat rolls at the side. They arent drastic but they are there!

I measured myself and got 31.6 inches for the band and 36.6 for the bust which gives me a 32D or 32DD. This is a 32DD and it just does not fit right, none of them do.

Yes I did try them all on, they looked fine... I should have looked better. One is just a more regular brand the other is designer. They all looked like they fit perfectly, and according to her they did! Worst part is I removed the tags and my receipt got drenched in the rain and practically fell apart, so even though I have proof of purchase (debenhams card) they wont exchange or refund cause no tags.
    Well... lesson learned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Debenhams Gorgeous bras, if that's what you got, tend to run a little small in both band and cup - I would do some sister sizing and see if you have a better result. I recommend trying both a 32E and 34DD.

Could also just be a shape incompatibility - not all 32DD's are created equal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it's spilling out towards your cleavage, it means the cup is too small for you. This could be just the bra itself, or the style, or the brand. Unfortunately, it's just down to trial and error :(

I ordered 5 bras online recently, all 32F. Two have an uncomfortably tight band, one has cups that are a size too small and two fit perfectly :rolleyes:

I'm finding that I need to go down a cup size for an unpadded, unlined bra than I would wear for a normal padded bra. Plunge styles are less likely to fit properly then than balconette styles, because I have bottom-heavy boobs.

Bra shopping is just as much of a minefield as clothes shopping :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

As others have said, bras are just like clothes when it comes to fitting. It's very difficult to know how a bra is going to fit by trying it on in a changing room for a few minutes.
    I had years of wearing bras that don't fit properly until I discovered the style of bra I was wearing was wrong. I now only wear balcony bras and have no issues with spillage. It may be worth looking at different styles rather than sizes.

Advertisement