Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Werfare Cheque - lost for good?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Last Christmas I lost one welfare cheque - in the rush of preparation I put it into place where it got lost since today. It is 7 months old and it says "valid for six months" - is there any chance to cash it in the bank or I should go to welfare Office to fix that issue (or no chance to fix it at all)? All advices very appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This might cheer ya up a bit :

Cheques are valid for 6 months from paydate. Where a cheque is not cashed within this period it should be returned to the Department with a note explaining why it was not cashed. Consideration will then be given to issuing a replacement cheque. Where the person was unable to cash the cheque due to serious illness (medical evidence may be requested), cheque mislaid or some other valid reason the Department will normally issue a replacement cheque.

Where a cheque has been destroyed due to an accident the Department will normally issue a replacement once it is satisfied that the original cheque has not been cashed.

Where a person is deceased but cheques remain uncashed at death, outstanding payments will be made to the person's estate - see below at Payments after Death.

( its about half way down the page )

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Payment-related-issues.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

All solved happily. There was no problem with re-issuing new check. Thank you for info @gctest50.

Advertisement