Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Painting interior doors off-site.

• 13-07-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭

I have several interior doors that need a paint job done on them. I want all the hardware removed before the doors are painted and want to know if the paint job can be done away from the house?

I don't want to leave the painter unattended in the house and I can't take time off work so want the 2 or 3 coats done off site.

Is this an unusual request and will it be hard to find a suitable company/painter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 mrsvan

Its very hard to re hang doors afterwords and would avoid this is possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Why is that?

I've had a few of my doors taken down to have the edges planed a bit more and it seemed to not be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi, I spoke with my friend who is a painter and he said that they could do it, however, it would not be cheap. But you can try if you like - I can pass on their contact details. If you are interested, please, send me a PM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have several interior doors that need a paint job done on them. I want all the hardware removed before the doors are painted and want to know if the paint job can be done away from the house?

I don't want to leave the painter unattended in the house and I can't take time off work so want the 2 or 3 coats done off site.

Is this an unusual request and will it be hard to find a suitable company/painter?

Thanks

It might make more sense to have a painter come and do it for you over a weekend instead of taking all the doors away.

It's an unusual request, unless you are talking about kitchen cabinet doors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'd really prefer it done offsite as the doors need to be removed off their hinges to paint the exposed top/bottom etc, and there's no room for doors to be left loose.

Also even the best painters can't avoid getting the odd spot of paint falling on carpet etc, so this avoids any hassle.

Will cost more but save in terms of stress :)

Additionally some doors have glass in them, so there would be time required to mask the doors.

A weekend for all of this would be pushing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement