Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 won't load hangs on classpnp.sys

Options
  • 13-07-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I hope someone can help.

18 month old laptop went dead suddenly and now won't load windows 7 - can't boot in safe mode and it hangs on the classpnp.sys file. From extensive googling and trying out one or two things that are not completely beyond me nothing has worked and I'm more confused than ever and wondered if this is caused by hardware, virus or dodgy driver / download.

Is there any easy way to tell?

If it's a hardware issue the laptop is out of warranty but is there any hope of getting help from the retailer or manufacturer as it's still new enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Please provide additional details like make, manufacture of laptop, any changes (hardware/software including any installs/updates) you did recently to help others understand your issue and probably provide answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

1. Have you booted using a repair disk?
    2. Can you boot into debugging mode?
    3. Have you booted into the bios, disable devices such as network cards etc and try booting again/

Advertisement