Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 13-07-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Girlfriends parents live in a quiet estate in which there have been several burglaries, I've been looking about for decent camera system for decent money, not having much success, would appreciate some recommendations.

Budget would be €200 - €300.

Found these can anybody say if they're any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

First get an alarm system then consider CCTV. Am alarm will deter and will alert in the event of a break-in.
    A CCTV system will hopefully provide a record of when the incident took place and on that budget chances are remote of identifying someone.
    With regard to your attachment, you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Firblog wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Girlfriends parents live in a quiet estate in which there have been several burglaries, I've been looking about for decent camera system for decent money, not having much success, would appreciate some recommendations.

Budget would be €200 - €300.

Found these can anybody say if they're any good?

Us installers pay far more than that for our recorders alone, there's a reason for that and its down to quality. You really are scraping the end of the barrel with that gear.

I agree with Kub, get a decent alarm installed with window/door protection first and then the CCTV next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Firblog

They have an eircom monitored alarm system installed.

I beleive that what they are really looking for is something that will add a bit of deterence = more peace of mind, and ability to check what's going on outside via the cameras = more peace of mind.

As with most cctv recorders, if someone breaks in and takes the DVR with them then they're not going to identified anyway

If you get a professional installer in and he fits the system to the PSA standards then someone should not be able to rob the DVR.

kub wrote: »
    If you get a professional installer in and he fits the system to the PSA standards then someone should not be able to rob the DVR.

They have a Phonewatch system, seriously just consider what they are paying on monitoring fees alone per annum on that before you go and purchase that toy of a system for 200 - 300 Euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement