Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liberty insurance rip off

Options
  • 14-07-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Liberty wanted €200 euro more this year for my wifes car insurance ,thats what we get for selling Quinn direct to the yanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 paddy145

Wanted an extra 400 quid from me, couldnt fathom where it came from, all they said was that there was a lot of uninsured drivers in accidents this year, dosent justify the increases though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Could it be due to the law change on sexual discrimination? Its no longer allowed to rate male and female differently.

Men gain, women lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

mick4439 wrote: »
    Liberty wanted €200 euro more this year for my wifes car insurance ,thats what we get for selling Quinn direct to the yanks.

Allianz wanted an extra 300 from me and that's over a year after the end of extra discount for being a woman. Nothing to do with liberty or Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

My insurance with Liberty dropped by €300. I guess that's what happens when companies run by crooks get taken over by people who know how to do business properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mine with liberty came down by €166.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

They wanted an extra €100 from me for tpft. I got it dropped by €100 for comp.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My renewal quote from 123.ie was over €200 dearer than last year, despite building up a hefty no claims bonus. When I called them, they weren't interested in keeping my business at all.

So, I went with Liberty instead, who came in far cheaper than any of the others (still about 50 quid higher than last year, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I left Liberty 2 years ago. Got it €112 cheaper with AA Insurance.

Also saved €200 on House Insurance.

Shop around!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still the cheapest by a massive percentage for me. Everybody has an insurer that's cheapest for their risk profile - their is no such thing as loyalty so change every single year if it suits you. Scanning and emailling in a NCB cert takes seconds; that's all the effort involved in switching.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm male- and have just hit 40.
    I drive a safe Volvo estate, no penalty points, full no-claims bonus.
    My AXA fully comprehensive is quoted 400 more this year- with no explanation whatsoever.
    I just don't get it........
    If there are more accidents involving uninsured drivers on the road- surely the solution is to get them off the road- not penalise the poor crettins who are paying their insurance?
    We are being punished- for fulfilling our obligations- I don't understand why I have to pay for folk who cannot or will not pay for their own insurance.......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Risk profiles are shifting.

There are fewer 17-25 years olds and those that are there either have no car or are having to be more responsible.

There are fewer cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Victor wrote: »
    Risk profiles are shifting.

There are fewer 17-25 years olds and those that are there either have no car or are having to be more responsible.

There are fewer cars.

Thats a good point. The amount of young people who have left the country is crazy and you can see the absence of boy racers in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

I was with 123.ie, they quoted me €700 this year with my full NCB. It was an increase of nearly €300. Got a quote from Aviva for €350. They were by far the cheapest so I went with them. It's crazy they way some insurance companies send out ridiculous quotes with no explanation for the hikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

i'm 29,been with axa 6 years,however after lots of haggling and arguing on the phone my insurance has been €600 now for the third consecutive year,initially i was quoted €888 this year and said bye bye axa,the day my policy expired they dropped almost €300 amazingly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If 50% of people don't bother checking around they can cover the cost of losing business by jacking up prices for those people*

*statistic plucked from the ether......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

It continually amazes me why people expect to get a good price from their car insurance company when it comes to renewal. I wish they would give a good price, because it would make like easier, but they don't. Complaining about it is like complaining about the tide.

To be fair also, there are many variables that affect insurance quotations. So a good price one year may not be readily available the next year.

Get out the phone book, get on the net and find yourself the best price out there. It's only a rip-off if you pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It's their way of saying your profile doesn't suit their current target market. It's nothing personal and far from a rip-off. They priced it to make you shop around. If you leave, they are happy enough, if you pay up, well that's €200 more than they got from you last year.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Just a reminder that if you have a specific query for Liberty Insurance, you can ask in their Talk to Forum here: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1551 :)

Advertisement