Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

We are not signing Alexis Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Signed Alexis Sanchez and now Ozil, Mert and Poldi win the WC with Germany....time for a new thread Gooners?

The last thread brought us an FA Cup, a top 4 finish (when 5th had begun to look a possibilty) a World Class signing and 3 World Cup winners.

This one has a fair bit to live up to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sorry to be negative, but hard to feel any sympathy for him that he isnt making it with us atm with these pictures. Should have kept the head down and started to look after himself. Make or break year for him imo which probably isnt a popular opinion.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-england-stars-jack-wilshere-3852125?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Who is this Bounty Hunter fella and why is he jinxing the gooners by starting an Arsenal Thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sorry to be negative, but hard to feel any sympathy for him that he isnt making it with us atm with these pictures. Should have kept the head down and started to look after himself. Make or break year for him imo which probably isnt a popular opinion.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-england-stars-jack-wilshere-3852125?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Well if we are signing Khedira (wishful thinking on my part) then he is going to have a very tough time getting into the starting 11.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Who is this Bounty Hunter fella and why is he jinxing the gooners by starting an Arsenal Thread?

Well I did move to Germany this year and they did win the World Cup, plus shortly after I moved here Ozil did sign for Arsenal after first hooking up with the Mert and Podolski with national team at the Allianz, which I believe was one of the first nights after I moved into my apartment that you can see said Allianz from.

So who knows maybe im not such a Jinx for Arsenal and their players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well I did move to Germany this year and they did win the World Cup, plus shortly after I moved here Ozil did sign for Arsenal after first hooking up with the Mert and Podolski with national team at the Allianz, which I believe was one of the first nights after I moved into my apartment that you can see said Allianz from.

All positives. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

So who knows maybe im not such a Jinx for Arsenal and their players

Good stuff. If you bump into Khedira put in a good word too pls!

Everytime i see Jack Wilshere he has his mouth open wide whether its to grumble to the ref or take a shot of champagne.

Papers being dicks too though. So England are out... Will it be undone if the players start living like monks all of a sudden? They are after a long hard season and deserve their break regardless of the fact they are millionaires and all of the usual bulls*it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He's a millionaire in his early 20's and he's on his summer holidays FFS whats he supposed to do hide in his apparment !

• Advertisement

He's a millionaire in his early 20's and he's on his summer holidays FFS whats he supposed to do hide in his apparment !

If he stays there long enough then either or both of Suarez or Balotellli's goals may disappear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Professional footballer who has serious fitness problems getting up and down the pitch. Course he is allowed fun but if he isnt pictured drinking, he is smoking, while Ramsey keeps working himself into the ground and leaves him in his shadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They just needed someone else to have a go at seeing that Ozil won the WC. Wouldn't pay any attention to it. He's entitled to a holiday just like Arsene was entitled to his time on the beach. They'll probably be criticising Ramsey for going on a honeymoon next

I'm just saying if i was in his position right now the world cup would be very far from my mind, He didn't even get much of a look in until the last game when it was more or less too late

Right too that he's unwinding and more to the point on the piss for awhile

Professional footballer who has serious fitness problems getting up and down the pitch. Course he is allowed fun but if he isnt pictured drinking, he is smoking, while Ramsey keeps working himself into the ground and leaves him in his shadow.

Ramsey has been back pre season training , Because he wasn't at the World Cup i'm willing to let Jack have this one

Maybe I'm wrong but if I was a professional footballer I wouldn't touch drink at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Ramsey has been back pre season training , Because he wasn't at the World Cup i'm willing to let Jack have this one

Is Theo back yet?

Any news on him making the 1st game?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well feck it lads, I went for a pint after the match and missed the 10,000th post. At least Gav didn't start the thread sure.:pac:

I believe in Bounty Hunter, he's a Villa supporter so it's grand, next after us in the alphabet. The real top 2.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but if I was a professional footballer I wouldn't touch drink at all.

I dont think thats been realistic somehow. Yes during the season im sure they are prohibited but im sure they all take a sup in the off season.

Wilshere keeps himself in tip top condition to his credit and im sure there is no problem with his professionalism in this regard. He is a human being at the end of the day and i wouldn't begrudge him his downtime. If England done well and he had the season of his life I guarantee the rags wouldn't be on his back.

I dont think thats been realistic somehow. Yes during the season im sure they are prohibited but im sure they all take a sup in the off season.

Wilshere keeps himself in tip top condition to his credit and im sure there is no problem with his professionalism in this regard. He is a human being at the end of the day and i wouldn't begrudge him his downtime. If England done well and he had the season of his life I guarantee the rags wouldn't be on his back.

Rags shouldn't be near him at all and yes he should be allowed have down time to have a drink if he wants it.

I was just saying personally I wouldn't drink if I was a professional footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus I've seen it all now a twenty something lad on holidays enjoying himself drinking instead of living like a nun on his holidays wollowing in self pity England went out and not leaving the confines of a gym.

FFS give over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thanks Mesut for helping to win me 70 quid

Rags shouldn't be near him at all and yes he should be allowed have down time to have a drink if he wants it.

I was just saying personally I wouldn't drink if I was a professional footballer.

Were in the era where photos can be transferred in a matter of milliseconds so again its unrealistic to expect the red tops not to be able to get their hands on the likes of this. Footballers shouldnt live like hermits however the risk to this is that there is no end to the amount of scumbags who will try to profit opportunistically from these type of slip-ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Were in the era where photos can be transferred in a matter of milliseconds so again its unrealistic to expect the red tops not to be able to get their hands on the likes of this. Footballers shouldnt live like hermits however the risk to this is that there is no end to the amount of scumbags who will try to profit opportunistically from these type of slip-ups.

But I wouldn't even count that as a slip up to be honest.

It just the English media on a witch hunt for there own players and sadly too many people buy into it and thrash players for perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour it be different if it was the night before the match but it's not he's on holidays.

You can be sure most our players enjoyed a few drinks on there holidays or that a lot of that German squad will have sore heads tomorrow without it making the news the English just love to put down there own.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can be sure most our players enjoyed a few drinks on there holidays or that a lot of that German squad will have sore heads tomorrow without it making the news the English just love to put down there own.

Schweinsteiger had a bottle of beer in his hand in one of the photos in the dressing room. I wonder will there be German newspapers criticising him? Somehow I doubt it.

Jack is on holidays, really not a big deal. If it was the middle of the season then fair enough.

But I wouldn't even count that as a slip up to be honest.

It just the English media on a witch hunt for there own players and sadly too many people buy into it and thrash players for perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour it be different if it was the night before the match but it's not he's on holidays.

Slip up in terms of giving them ammunition but i suppose if you had that level of self consciousness you would be the sort of person to rip your whole room up looking for room taps/bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Was asked by a friend recently who I'd like as the next coach when AW retired. Had it down to Martinez, Low, Laudrup and De Boer. Tonight changed that. Low should be our next coach

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-england-stars-jack-wilshere-3852125?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed[/QUOT

I'm inclined to agree with this. I know he's on holiday and players let their hair down bit this is just silly. But maybe I'm just being negative because I don't particularly like him. He's a bit too flash and cocky for my liking as well as being hugely over rated. Huge season to really prove himself in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'd say they drink a handful of times a year at most. They're only young lads in the end, they need to let off steam somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'd say they drink a handful of times a year at most. They're only young lads in the end, they need to let off steam somehow!

i think some of them drink & smoke a lot more than you'd think.
    it's only an issue if it affects you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Well if we are signing Khedira (wishful thinking on my part) then he is going to have a very tough time getting into the starting 11.

he'll have a hard time anyway, khedira or no khedira.

said this on him in the old thread.
    he knows himself he needs to push on, he's getting older, said it in an interview before the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Was asked by a friend recently who I'd like as the next coach when AW retired. Had it down to Martinez, Low, Laudrup and De Boer. Tonight changed that. Low should be our next coach

No way. He has a poor record in club management. Look how Felipao turned out for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No way. He has a poor record in club management. Look how Felipao turned out for Chelsea.

I think he's earned his chance for a shot with a big club and think he'd be a candidate worth considering when the time comes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

People seem to have a very tough time letting football players and managers have a holiday. Sure look at what Wenger achieved playing football on the beach!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Yes boy

314489.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

**** That is one hell of a midfield that Wenger has assembled for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I think he's earned his chance for a shot with a big club and think he'd be a candidate worth considering when the time comes

Don't think so. He took the world's best team to the world cup. While obviously winning with anyone is a good achievement, I don't think it's nearly enough evidence to merit consideration for the Arsenal job.

gosplan wrote: »

Well the Mirror are also reporting that we are close to a deal for David Ospina as well and AS have also reported the Khedira bid. The article just looks like a rehash of already publicly available news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whenever Wenger does retire, I think we should go all out for Klopp. He might not be interested, but he should be our first choice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger had a bottle of beer in his hand in one of the photos in the dressing room. I wonder will there be German newspapers criticising him? Somehow I doubt it.

Jack is on holidays, really not a big deal. If it was the middle of the season then fair enough.

Schweinsteiger has achieved a lot more than Wilshire though.

It really is time for Wilshire to come up with the goods with season. I used to like him 3 years ago but his attitude seems to be fairly poor over the last season. He can't get picked forever on his potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

New thread woo, group hug in the showers tonight!!!

hsbc wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger has achieved a lot more than Wilshire though.

It really is time for Wilshire to come up with the goods with season. I used to like him 3 years ago but his attitude seems to be fairly poor over the last season. He can't get picked forever on his potential.

FFS Schweinsteiger is 29 and at his peak, Wilshire is still only 22 and is coming back from a bad injury. The guy gets pictured on holiday enjoying himself and the knives are out. Unbelievable!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/real-madrid-vendera-khedira-arsenal-3377204#

................. Szczesny
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    ............ Khedira .. Ramsey
    ... Walcott .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    ................ Sanchez

or

... Sanchez .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    .................. Giroud

mmmm

I wonder what it'll be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

BsdkbwsCIAAUG6E.jpg

BsdLlF9IYAEe2ca.jpg

BsfJAvqIgAA4LEs.jpg

BsdZ3VRCIAM6M13.jpg

BsdbAeuIEAARk5h.jpg

BsdV0IJCUAAz2HO.jpgBsfcxhFCUAAbpJB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/real-madrid-vendera-khedira-arsenal-3377204#

... Walcott .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    ................ Sanchez

or

... Sanchez .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    .................. Giroud

mmmm

I wonder what it'll be!
    I think Wenger will put Walcott on the left.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dinorebel wrote: »
    I think Wenger will put Walcott on the left.
    Certainly possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature up front more often from now on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Please Pepe let that article be true!!!!!!

I personally would go:

... Walcott .... Ozil .... Chambo
    ................ Sanchez

But i think wenger will go

... Walcott .... Ozil .... Sanchez
    ................ Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

gandalf wrote: »
    FFS Schweinsteiger is 29 and at his peak, Wilshire is still only 22 and is coming back from a bad injury. The guy gets pictured on holiday enjoying himself and the knives are out. Unbelievable!

I don't think the knives are out - I just think people are starting to question his attitude.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement