Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Debuchy was solid in my FF team for most of the season, that's good enough for me :pac:

He was one of the highest rated defenders in the PL last season....with better players around him he will perform and get some confidence from Big Mert.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

he's certainly fond of a tackle, reminds me of the great freddy ljungberg quote:
    ”I had Lauren behind me, if anyone kicked me, he’d kick the **** out of them. Excuse my language.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

53c91074ea358.jpg
    Anyone going to miss him?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dear God, computer froze as I opened the thread on the newest post there and I couldn't get it off thew screen for about 2 mins, methinks that may deserve a NSFW warning of some sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Dear God, computer froze as I opened the thread on the newest post there and I couldn't get it off thew screen for about 2 mins, methinks that may deserve a NSFW warning of some sort
    Sorry:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

dinorebel wrote: »
    53c91074ea358.jpg

Opening that with the spoiler tags was an operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

dorgasm wrote: »
    Opening that with the spoiler tags was an operation.

And not a very rewarding one at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

wawaman wrote: »
    and the same ref

That Anthony Taylor fella loves a red card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Here we go folks, our annual ritual of being linked with Mighty Salamon Kalou....

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-given-all-clear-to-sign-striker-35157/?

Here we go folks, our annual ritual of being linked with Mighty Salamon Kalou....

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-given-all-clear-to-sign-striker-35157/?

He would be a good squad player now we have Alexis Ham&Cheese :D But I would prefer Remy over Kalou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dinorebel wrote: »
    53c91074ea358.jpg

not seen it but is it that pic of bendter? if so then LOL

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the friendly tomorrow on tv at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

It's on Arsenal player I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

It's on Arsenal player I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

With Kroos coming in and Kheidra possibly staying, Arsenal should put a bid in for Illarramendi. He probably won't even be on the bench some weeks with the squad they have and is far too good for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Montroseee wrote: »
    With Kroos coming in and Kheidra possibly staying, Arsenal should put a bid in for Illarramendi. He probably won't even be on the bench some weeks with the squad they have and is far too good for that.

And a cracking plsyer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He cost Madrid £34m last summer, can't see it. Might as well go for Bender again.

Just break the bank and go for Pogba....you know it makes sense Rodney!!!!

;)

• Advertisement

According to @geoffarsenal we are in for 2 more "big"signings. Rumours of javi Martinez.

According to @geoffarsenal we are in for 2 more "big"signings. Rumours of javi Martinez.

Stop, don't give us that kind of hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cavani and Martinez ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

As much as I want to believe, I can't see Martinez happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Who is @geoffarsenal and is he reliable? So the Khedira rumours have died down a bit it seems. Think Martinez would be a super signing

Who is @geoffarsenal and is he reliable? So the Khedira rumours have died down a bit it seems. Think Martinez would be a super signing

Has called a lot of stuff correctly over the past couple of years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

You have to wonder what Mourinho and Rodgers are smoking.

Arsenal rejected the chance to resign Fabregas, that came from Fabregas' mouth. Only after that did he look elsewhere.

Sanchez never wanted to go to Liverpool, he wanted to play in Wenger's team and was persuaded by a chat with Wenger himself.

Mourinho and Rodgers pretending otherwise are only doing so to keep their fans happy. It is a load of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I wouldn't be too worried about Liverpool next season. Suarez leaving was a massive blow for them.

My prediction for the league next season.

1: Arsenal
    2: Manchester City
    3: Chelsea
    4: Manchester Utd (depending on signings)
    5: Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mourinho's delusions:

Bs25SilIEAAwmaq.jpg:large

Reality:

Bs25SgxIUAAI2Si.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Godge wrote: »
    You have to wonder what Mourinho and Rodgers are smoking.

Arsenal rejected the chance to resign Fabregas, that came from Fabregas' mouth. Only after that did he look elsewhere.

Sanchez never wanted to go to Liverpool, he wanted to play in Wenger's team and
    was persuaded by a chat with Wenger himself.

Mourinho and Rodgers pretending otherwise are only doing so to keep their fans happy. It is a load of rubbish.

Are there any quotes from Rodgers about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Are there any quotes from Rodgers about this?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/389607/Brendan-Rodgers-Why-Alexis-Sanchez-snubbed-Liverpool-to-sign-for-Arsenal

This is Rodgers:

"The Kop boss said: "Geography dictated where he wanted to go - simple as that. It’s been the other way.

“It wasn't due to a lack of ambition by the club. It was about where the player and his family wanted to choose to live."

This is Sanchez:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140711/video-alexis-sanchez-s-first-interview

Nothing about wanting to live in London, all about the Emirates, Wenger and wanting to win trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont think Mourinho can help himself to be honest. Been obsessed with Arsene since his first spell in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Godge wrote: »
    This is Rodgers:

"The Kop boss said: "Geography dictated where he wanted to go - simple as that. It’s been the other way.

“It wasn't due to a lack of ambition by the club. It was about where the player and his family wanted to choose to live."

It would look pretty bad if he said: "We lost out on Sanchez to the better team." or "... the team with the brighter future."

Liverpool signing Remy. At least the saga is over but all the same would have been a decent addition to the squad.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont think Mourinho can help himself to be honest. Been obsessed with Arsene since his first spell in England.

This season i will mostly be ignoring that mans mutterings. Best thing for it really.

• Advertisement

At least we won't have 5 pages debating weather remy is shït or not

If I was Liverpool I would be worried though

Replace Suarez with Lambart and remy is not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

At least we won't have 5 pages debating weather remy is shït or not

If I was Liverpool I would be worried though

Replace Suarez with Lambart and remy is not good

By all accounts the suarez money has not been touched and weve made 21 mill player sales in the last 2 days so weve 100 odd million left to burn, we wont worry yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

klose wrote: »
    By all accounts the suarez money has not been touched and weve made 21 mill player sales in the last 2 days so weve 100 odd million left to burn, we wont worry yet ;)

If you end up burning it on four more Lallana's we won't worry either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Suarez was yer biggest draw and now he's been replaced with Remy and Lambert. My guess at how much of that 100mil ye will manage to burn; not a lot.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd love to have Sturridge though

Cheeky bid Arsene :pac:

• Advertisement

No doubt some really good business getting 14m for borini, but if you reckon that 100m is going on players I think you'll be disappointed.
    Liverpool will benefit more, long-term, ploughing a large percentage of that cash into the anfield redevelopment. I'd imagine a deal for remy at 8m and maybe lovren at 20 would conclude your summer business. However i will eat humble pie if I'm wrong and one of the big rumours lands.an isco or a di maria.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd love to have Sturridge though

Cheeky bid Arsene :pac:

Sub of the Day +£1?

First match of the season today

Getting to see the boys in the new puma gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So with Kehdira off the radar now, where do people think/hope we go Bender or Shneiderlin. Shneiderlin seems to be available as part of Southamptons fire sale of everyone they have. Whats the story with Bender is he even likely to be available? I see there is even a rumor of Martinez which would be a great signing but seems unlikely, with him being able to play CB too that would be ideal. Any one else on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

salmocab wrote: »
    So with Kehdira off the radar now, where do people think/hope we go Bender or Shneiderlin. Shneiderlin seems to be available as part of Southamptons fire sale of everyone they have. Whats the story with Bender is he even likely to be available? I see there is even a rumor of Martinez which would be a great signing but seems unlikely, with him being able to play CB too that would be ideal. Any one else on the horizon?

off?

who said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

off?

who said?

Well might be all agent talk of course but his agent said there was no bid so just assuming an agent is telling the truth for once

Really interested to see Ahmed Fathi today. could be a decent backup at right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If we bought no more players in the remainder of the summer would people still be happy?
    I feel we bought one very good player and replaced one defender so we really still need a DM, a striker, an extra CB and another keeper if we are to mount and maintain a challenge. A very long season awaits.

If we got in a #2 GK and a DM and kept TV5 and Campbell, i would be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Raf32 wrote: »
    If we got in a #2 GK and a DM and kept TV5 and Campbell, i would be very happy.

+1

I can see a gk being signed in the next week or so. Hopefully a dm not too long after

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement