Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No I asked was he reliable and was told he is the exact opposite of reliable.

Ah yeah, that was it so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No I asked was he reliable and was told he is the exact opposite of reliable.

he gets some hits because he posts every rumour going

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Dortmund away 3 days after City @home... Bleurgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Dortmund away 3 days after City @home... Bleurgh

Spicy as fcuk that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

dorgasm wrote: »
    Just saw this. Did someone say that this guy is half reliable?

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/505051586327224320

His name used to be "AgentITK" and he got absolutely ruined so bad he had to quit for a while. Regrouped and rebranded to that shocking name.

I'd say he has shares in goal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Get French Football -
    Nasser Al Khelaifi confirms that he is in talks to sell Adrien Rabiot. #PSG #AFC (RMC)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Get French Football -

This one is still a mystery. Why would we be spending here? If we are going to buy possible up and comers they really need to be CB's at the moment - no central midfielder is going to get a look in with all of the reinforcements we have in that position. And we dont need to start fielding "possible" DM's. We need a good one stright away, no more experimenting.

Havent seen this lad so hopefully if we do take him he steps up to the plate, but its another instance of having not a clue what Wenger is thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ajfunky wrote: »
    This one is still a mystery. Why would we be spending here? If we are going to buy possible up and comers they really need to be CB's at the moment - no central midfielder is going to get a look in with all of the reinforcements we have in that position. And we dont need to start fielding "possible" DM's. We need a good one stright away, no more experimenting.

Havent seen this lad so hopefully if we do take him he steps up to the plate, but its another instance of having not a clue what Wenger is thinking

I'm thinking Wengers doesn't want a out and out DM. Instead he wants someone who can do Arteta's job but still have the legs to run around.

Raboit is very talented and under Wenger could be a star.
    Also after the Chambers signing I won't be question Wenger when it comes to signing young players.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does this mean he's decided Chambers will be a defender in the long run rather than a DM? Hard to argue really, he's already pretty solid in both RB and CB so why not just nurture that instead of converting him into a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Does this mean he's decided Chambers will be a defender in the long run rather than a DM? Hard to argue really, he's already pretty solid in both RB and CB so why not just nurture that instead of converting him into a midfielder.

I'd imagine if the rumors are true then that is were Wenger sees him playing.

Which I'd be delighted with I'd be afraid of Chambers going down the Phil Jones route who when he first joined United I thought looked some player but the constant chopping and changing of his position and a few seasons later he has never really kicked up a level.

Playing in defence he just looks a natural and mature beyond his years think he has pleasantly suprised most including the pundits.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Playing in defence he just looks a natural and mature beyond his years think he has pleasantly suprised most including the pundits.

I think it might have surprised Southampton too considering we got him for half of what Luke Shaw cost :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As he's not going to start in defence as long as everyone remains fit Wenger should consider playing him as a DM in the Carling Cup so he gets experience in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

dorgasm wrote: »
    Just saw this. Did someone say that this guy is half reliable?

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/505051586327224320

Did this fella post anything at 7.45?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Chuba Akpom with a hat trick for the U21s tonight. Looking forward to seeing him probably in the Carling Cup vs Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That guy's a joke, ignore ignore ignore.

Posted that we had bid for Daniel Agger.. im sure we've bid for every suitable defender in the world by now anyway and just seeing who says yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nice touch from Ches. Class act he is.

vudu8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Did this fella post anything at 7.45?

Ignasi Miguel to Norwich for £1.5M apparently. He was never going to make the team, hope we get a CB now. He also said we were enquiring about Agger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Copies 99% of his news. Sky, Mirror and Mail all had the Miquel news for hours. The other 1% is literally made up on the spot i would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Miquel out means Hayden will be 5th choice more than likely. Must rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

FALCAO TO MADRID FOR 20M ON LOAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And so it starts, we need Benzema to PSG next and then Cavani to us :D

gandalf wrote: »
    And so it starts, we need Benzema to PSG next and then Cavani to us :D

Would take Benzema to us.

Would take Benzema to us.

Him or Cavani would do alright :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id rather Cavani, its the long hair :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    FALCAO TO MADRID FOR 20M ON LOAN

Where you getting that from? Dimarzio saying we've still a chance.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/real-madrid-are-the-frontrunners-for-falcao-arsenal-are-in-the-race-too/

We are signing neither.

HazDanz wrote: »
    We are signing neither.

FFS stop being sensible!!!! We have a few days of this madness to go, lets just enjoy it :)

gandalf wrote: »
    FFS stop being sensible!!!! We have a few days of this madness to go, lets just enjoy it :)

I'll stay quite and hope to be very wrong.

Somewhat (read: not really) interesting quotes from Ba about a move to Arsenal last year:

"Arsenal tried to sign Ba on loan last summer, but Chelsea blocked the transfer and the Senegal international believes he could have helped solve the clubs current striker crisis following Olivier Girouds injury.

Asked how close he came to joining Arsenal, Ba said: "As close as you and me here, but its past. I just look forward.

"I wanted to join Arsenal. Even when I was in Chelsea, everybody knew that I wanted to come to Arsenal. I could have maybe waited longer in this transfer window, but I wanted to go and play for Besiktas because its a great club. Last summer, Jose wanted to keep me, but he said this time if I had any opportunity he would let me go. But Im happy here at Besiktas." "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Easy enough group to finish top two, problem is if we finish second we'll no doubt get barca or Munich

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I think it might have surprised Southampton too considering we got him for half of what Luke Shaw cost :D

And not an ounce of fat on him either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 1h
    Our Champions League draw is exciting. We want consistently consistent consistency and I must say we consistently get Borussia Dortmund.

Also, how is it that Diaby is playing with the u21's??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 1h
    Our Champions League draw is exciting. We want consistently consistent consistency and I must say we consistently get Borussia Dortmund.

Also, how is it that Diaby is playing with the u21's??

You're allowed played a couple of bangers for the U21's. mainly for guys returning from injury to regain match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

aye, i think it's 3.

He played well apparently for 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger was very very coy when asked about falcao

It would be the most un wenger thing to do if we signed him

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Interesting

When is he not coy about transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Interesting

I liked this interchange

Journalist: I'll put one name to you. Adrien Rabiot

AW: I'll put one answer. I'm not telling you.

greendom wrote: »
    I liked this interchange

Journalist: I'll put one name to you. Adrien Rabiot

AW: I'll put one answer. I'm not telling you.

Yeah we're def signing him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Yeah we're def signing him :)

Classic wenger quote and a classic wenger signing.
    I’ve not seen much of Rabiot, but if he’s played in excess of 50 times at 19 for PSG and the scouting team reckons he’s good I’ll be happy enough.
    Buying him lets us ease out Arteta and has a nice physical replacement lined up. He’s a big lad too, something we could do with in the middle of the park.

Now, just to wrap Cavani or Falcao up over the next couple of days……yeah right!

• Advertisement

Paj wrote: »
    Classic wenger quote and a classic wenger signing.
    I’ve not seen much of Rabiot, but if he’s played in excess of 50 times at 19 for PSG and the scouting team reckons he’s good I’ll be happy enough.
    Buying him lets us ease out Arteta and has a nice physical replacement lined up. He’s a big lad too, something we could do with in the middle of the park.

Now, just to wrap Cavani or Falcao up over the next couple of days……yeah right!

I really wanted carvalho but we will give this lad a chance I'm not even going to try pretend I know anything about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What are people's thoughts on 4141? I was expecting us to return to 4231 with Ozil back but it hasn't happened and he has been out on the wings. Wenger attempting to work Wilshere and Ramsey into the same team with a DM behind them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I really wanted carvalho but we will give this lad a chance I'm not even going to try pretend I know anything about him

Id always trust Wenger on biggest money young players

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

AdamD wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on 4141? I was expecting us to return to 4231 with Ozil back but it hasn't happened and he has been out on the wings. Wenger attempting to work Wilshere and Ramsey into the same team with a DM behind them?

I like 4-1-4-1 but I dont like Ozil on the left. I'm not sure at the moment there is any alternative though. You could switch cazorla and Ozil but I think that would be worse

All players fit I would have a midfield of

Sanchez - Ozil - Ramsey - Walcott

with Giroud up front and a capable DM behind.

Stop the teasing...transfer rumours should be in a separate thread! :mad:

Stop the teasing...transfer rumours should be in a separate thread! :mad:

This is the "Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014" bud :pac:

AdamD wrote: »

I can see why he is using it and I think we will see the best of it when Walcott comes back

Maybe with a better DM ozil won't be as bad LW even if I don't like it

Didn't want it or like it at the start but I have to say it's growing on me

Raf32 wrote: »
    This is the "Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014" bud :pac:

Haha i know man but i'm saying there SHOULD be a separate thread for those of us that can't handle the rumours! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Anyone read the articles about Rabiot having a very pushy mother? Apparently she's the one basically trying to force him out of PSG. Can't remember where I read it, but i'll have another quick look for the link. Hope she doesn't see us as a stepping stone to Real Madrid etc!

Here's the link:
    http://www.beinsports.tv/news/title/adrien-rabiots-mother-complicating-matters-in-psg-transfer-saga/article/19nc6lcyc7jxc13c4qk66r8pq0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement