Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Anyone read the articles about Rabiot having a very pushy mother? Apparently she's the one basically trying to force him out of PSG. Can't remember where I read it, but i'll have another quick look for the link. Hope she doesn't see us as a stepping stone to Real Madrid etc!

Read them too, really put me off the move. Rather Carvalho or a proper DM anyways. Reports say he is off to Roma now anyways.

Haha i know man but i'm saying there SHOULD be a separate thread for those of us that can't handle the rumours! :D

haha agreed, but what fun would it be if we only went by facts in here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone read the articles about Rabiot having a very pushy mother? Apparently she's the one basically trying to force him out of PSG. Can't remember where I read it, but i'll have another quick look for the link. Hope she doesn't see us as a stepping stone to Real Madrid etc!

Here's the link:
    http://www.beinsports.tv/news/title/adrien-rabiots-mother-complicating-matters-in-psg-transfer-saga/article/19nc6lcyc7jxc13c4qk66r8pq0

looks like Roma might be ahead of us in the chase for him, they've agreed a 15m deal with PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Raf32 wrote: »
    haha agreed, but what fun would it be if we only went by facts in here :pac:

What i mean is we have "Arsenal team talk/gossip etc thread" and then "Arsenal bullsh1t get your hopes up and ruin your life transfer rumour thread" :D

Also why do Spurs have like a sub section on here and we only have a thread!?

What i mean is we have "Arsenal team talk/gossip etc thread" and then "Arsenal bullsh1t get your hopes up and ruin your life transfer rumour thread" :D

Iv always wondered that, one for each team would have come in fierce handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

To deal with their massive insecurities.

More issues = More threads ;)

Here's the link:
    http://www.beinsports.tv/news/title/adrien-rabiots-mother-complicating-matters-in-psg-transfer-saga/article/19nc6lcyc7jxc13c4qk66r8pq0

Wenger will have to use some of his gallic charm on her :pac:

Wenger will have to use some of his gallic charm on her :pac:

unfortunately, the Roma boss has his own stash of that too

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 7m

"Ivan? Yes, I believe that has put everybody off the scent little bit. So wait till Monday lunchtime and then try Heskey's agent again."

• Advertisement

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 7m

"Ivan? Yes, I believe that has put everybody off the scent little bit. So wait till Monday lunchtime and then try Heskey's agent again."

Jesus we are actually linked with Zigic which is not much better then Heskey to be honest if at all :eek:

Jesus we are actually linked with Zigic which is not much better then Heskey to be honest if at all :eek:

think you can put that down to agent bs

greendom wrote: »
    think you can put that down to agent bs

Even so though, no need to be given us a scare like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Jesus even hearing Falcao mentioned in the presser is after getting me all hot and bothered.

Head in the sand job on deadline day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Have to hand it to Arseblog. Thy produce gold with their pictures sometimes.

Wengers poker face for the closing few days of transfer window:

wenger_gaga.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

David Ornstein:

"Arsenal are in talks with Monaco striker Radamel Falcao's agent over a possible loan move. The Gunners are also in the market for a defensive midfielder that can play centre-back too."

Gotta make this clear though:

We.Are.NOT.signing.Falcao.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

David Ornstein:

"Arsenal are in talks with Monaco striker Radamel Falcao's agent over a possible loan move. The Gunners are also in the market for a defensive midfielder that can play centre-back too."

Not on his twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

David Ornstein:

The only and I mean only reason the club should take him on loan is if there is an agreed buy out at the end.

No point in 12 months and him going back or opting for Real, because if he has a good season he will be gone

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ornstein hasn't tweeted in 2 days looking at his account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

David Ornstein:

Mickeroo wrote: »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/28667339

tumblr_lsgzigwoym1qaw89p.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Mickeroo wrote: »

Its on the BBC transfer gossip thingy
    BwNk89kCEAAGfXL.jpg

Soups123 wrote: »
    The only and I mean only reason the club should take him on loan is if there is an agreed buy out at the end.

No point in 12 months and him going back or opting for Real, because if he has a good season he will be gone

If it wins us the league or CL it will be more than worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Very true. Still it would be great to have the option to buy at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/29/mesut-ozil-arsenal-transfer-window-premier-league

Nice article on Ozil in the Guardian by Barney Ronay.

My favourite bit:

Certainly at times last season Özil resembled not so much a high-end creative midfielder as some beautifully frail alien prince being ferried around from pitch to pitch by 10 dedicated human helpers yoked into fawning submission by his regal Martian glaze.

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest

Am I hungry? Yes. Have I had lunch? No. But I am in the market for lunch. If I can find lunch of top top quality I will do it.

Also, class stuff from Ozil,

"congrats to your nephew's first birthday and enjoy your meal RT "@meet_sachin: ... a young gooner is born pic.twitter.com/stZh5Ff2F5

If we get Falcao and carvalho im off out to the pub for a few weeks, nice knowing ya boys!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ermehgerd.

Ffs lads I already said.

NOT HAPPENING :mad:

To the bitter end :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Spot on. We all know he wants RM but if we can manage to get him for one season before he gets his dream move then I'm more than happy with that.

Think of it as a dirty little fling, won't lead to a wedding but a whole lot of fun all the same ;-)

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Spot on. We all know he wants RM but if we can manage to get him for one season before he gets his dream move then I'm more than happy with that.

Think of it as a dirty little fling, won't lead to a wedding but a whole lot of fun all the same ;-)

And no danger of being caught, I don't think anyway...

absolutely, like a bit of an upgrade on Benayoun who helped to secure Champions League for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

cashback wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/29/mesut-ozil-arsenal-transfer-window-premier-league

Nice article on Ozil in the Guardian by Barney Ronay.

My favourite bit:

Certainly at times last season Özil resembled not so much a high-end creative midfielder as some beautifully frail alien prince being ferried around from pitch to pitch by 10 dedicated human helpers yoked into fawning submission by his regal Martian glaze.

Following some of the criticism Ozil got for the other night, I done some analysis of the second half. And was pleasantly surprised! I have it typed up online in a google doc if anyone wants to have a quick look at it. PM me and i'll send the link.

Falcao.

Surely not. Jaysus i'd be doing somersaults!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Jesus Ornstein did say it

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/28667339

We are not signing Falcao though. Prob wouldnt get game ahead of Yaya anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

in talks with falcao

end up with zigic

(keep expectations low!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Fake account lads.

• Advertisement

It's gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Fake account lads.

aye, fake bbc website.

has anyone got Kalou's phone number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Fake account lads.

It's on the BBC website though.

edit. tis gone now, must have been fake.

Seems the BBC picked up on a fake Ornstein twitter account :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Fake account lads.
    Fukin bbc

• Advertisement

Paj wrote: »
    aye, fake bbc website.

Just completed his medical with Berlin :(

It wasnt on twitter, The bbc site

Yeah, was in their news feed, and it wasn't down as coming from his twitter account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Kalou and gourcoff, I'm calling it now.

Very amateur from the bbc

Who? Falcao?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Well that was fun.

Who? Falcao?

No Kalou :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Fake account lads.
    It's gone :(
    Paj wrote: »
    aye, fake bbc website.

dorgasm wrote: »
    It's on the BBC website though.

edit. tis gone now, must have been fake.
    Seems the BBC picked up on a fake Ornstein twitter account :-(
    Fukin bbc
    Very amateur from the bbc

mMT8zbr.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Does Ornstein not work with the BBC? That's why I thought it was legit. Thought it came straight from him rather than his twitter.

F%*king muppets!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement