Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

Where is the link to the fake account with tweet though? Deleted? Surely the fake tweet has been retweeted thousands of times, so gotta be out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dorgasm wrote: »
    Does Ornstein not work with the BBC? That's why I thought it was legit. Thought it came straight from him rather than his twitter.

Probably an intern running the live blog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

dorgasm wrote: »
    Does Ornstein not work with the BBC? That's why I thought it was legit. Thought it came straight from him rather than his twitter.

He does and is extremely reliable. I would have therefore thought that his twitter account was auto fed to the BBC website but it seems there's some manual intervention and thus the monumental fcuk up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

https://twitter.com/MFMitochondrion

There is the account, he just made it private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody think a cheeky bid for kondogbia would be worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Following some of the criticism Ozil got for the other night, I done some analysis of the second half. And was pleasantly surprised! I have it typed up online in a google doc if anyone wants to have a quick look at it. PM me and i'll send the link.

Ozil reminds me as Bergkamp without the physique. He can see a pass that nobody else can. Bergkamp was able to anticipate where the ball was going, move towards it to receive it and had already decided where the pass was going before the ball was received. Ozil can do the same.

Spurs got Besiktas in Europa cup group draw. Thank fcuk we avoided the humiliation of that competition and the added potential humiliation of losing to them in "Europe".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ornstein just confirmed on twitter that the story was fake, according to him we arent in for a CF but may get a CB/DM before the deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Godge wrote: »
    Ozil reminds me as Bergkamp without the physique. He can see a pass that nobody else can. Bergkamp was able to anticipate where the ball was going, move towards it to receive it and had already decided where the pass was going before the ball was received. Ozil can do the same.

When Ozil is in form i think he's world class talent, a great mind, but i think there is a huge gulph in talent between him and Bergkamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

In fairness that was good crack for about 27 minutes

Just over 3 days to get 3 players. Not happening is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just over 3 days to get 3 players. Not happening is it?

highly unlikely I reckon.
    I think there might be a last minute signing on Monday and that would be it.

wawaman wrote: »
    Ornstein just confirmed on twitter that the story was fake, according to him we arent in for a CF but may get a CB/DM before the deadline

I prefer the fake Ornstein guy.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    highly unlikely I reckon.
    I think there might be a last minute signing on Monday and that would be it.

I cant believe we are gonna go through another window without signing a DM or striker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Fake Ornstein in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bit of a risk not replacing Giroud to say the least.

I cant believe we are gonna go through another window without signing a DM or striker :(

I can, Although some will argue Sanchez is the striker and Chambers DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

David Ornstein:

"Arsenal are in talks with Monaco striker Radamel Falcao's agent over a possible loan move. The Gunners are also in the market for a defensive midfielder that can play centre-back too."

Gotta make this clear though:

We.Are.NOT.signing.Falcao.

Any fan worth his salt could see that for themselves and tweet similar.
    They are only guessing/lying about the first bit.
    These so-called "in the know" freaks annoy me hole. Spouting rubbish and hoping that maybe someday they will be right.

Iv been saying since March to the brother that United would sign Di Maria. I really should have made an account as im ITK :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

omega man wrote: »
    Spurs got Besiktas in Europa cup group draw. Thank fcuk we avoided the humiliation of that competition and the added potential humiliation of losing to them in "Europe".
    Are you implying that Arsenal and Spurs would be in the same group if we lost to Besiktas?

• Advertisement

These so-called "in the know" freaks annoy me hole. Spouting rubbish and hoping that maybe someday they will be right.

Yeah but it was on the BBC website in follow up to what they thought (stupidly) was one of their top journo's tweets. They are usually ultra cautious, more so than SSN even.

Ornstein to his credit is nearly as coy as Wenger when it comes to potential transfers. Very reputable. But i know the sort your on about. Fúckin idiots who wouldnt look out of place writing for the tabloids

Are you implying that Arsenal and Spurs would be in the same group if we lost to Besiktas?

"Potentially" why...??

I'm not too good on Europa cup rules......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

"Potentially" why...?? I'm not to good on Europa cup rules......
    Teams from the same association can't be drawn into the same group, just like in the Champions League. This can only occur in the last 16 of the knockouts.

Teams from the same association can't be drawn into the same group, just like in the Champions League. This can only occur in the last 16 of the knockouts.

Genuinely didn't know it was the same as the CL. It's been a long time since we played at that level ;-)

I thought Sunday night was the end of the transfer window?

11 p.m. on Monday night I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

11 p.m. on Monday night I think.

Oh and Sky Sports will be broadcasting from every single stadium and training ground in the UK with whooshing sounds and fancy graphics, freezing, wet desparate sport "journalists" reporting on every car that approaches the grounds as if it is an exclusive.

"Theres a Car approaching now Geoff, I think its Messi in the passenger seat........on no wait it's just a lad delivering Domino's. Back to the studio"...Whoosh - fancy graphics...

Geoff: Well looks like Arsene has ordered Pepperoni with Wedges, what do you think of that Paul Merson..........

Paul Merson: Well Arsene does like a bit of Pepperoni, I prefer Pineapple meself.....

I can, Although some will argue Sanchez is the striker and Chambers DM

We really need both positions but ill take even one now. we cant leave both un-addressed.

We really need both positions but ill take even one now. we cant leave both un-addressed.

I'm happy to let Sanchez give striker a go, with the money we spent on him and the ability he has i think we should all be happy with that, back up? Walcott,Pod. Questionable alright.

DM i'm not convinced on, would love not only a khedira/carvalho but also a CB.

• Advertisement

I'm happy to let Sanchez give striker a go, with the money we spent on him and the ability he has i think we should all be happy with that, back up? Walcott,Pod. Questionable alright.

DM i'm not convinced on, would love not only a khedira/carvalho but also a CB.

It's criminal if Wenger doesn't bring in at least a back up striker, on loan even. We were a decent back up striker short BEFORE Giroud got injuried ffs.

Not so sure we'll pick up a good DM who can play CB or vv who'll be willing to sit on the bench. If we do he'll be young and classed as "potential". He'll probably be competing for that role with chambers too.

The non optimistic side of me suspects wenger has already achieved 50% of the clubs performance expectations. The other 50% will be CL qualification next season. Rinse repeat. Sorry to be so negative........

It's criminal if Wenger doesn't bring in at least a back up striker, on loan even. We were a decent back up striker short BEFORE Giroud got injuried ffs.

Not so sure we'll pick up a good DM who can play CB or vv who'll be willing to sit on the bench. If we do he'll be young and classed as "potential". He'll probably be competing for that role with chambers too.

The non optimistic side of me suspects wenger has already achieved 50% of the clubs performance expectations. The other 50% will be CL qualification next season. Rinse repeat. Sorry to be so negative........

I wouldn't call it criminal but yes it would be questionable and obviously we'd all prefer if he brought someone in.

I don't want a DM who can play CB i want a fcuking DM and a CB, much more important IMO than a striker. But i'm in the same boat as you i think that's it from Wenger and he will settle for top 4 again. Hope i'm wrong.

If Podolski goes, I think someone else will be brought in up front. Otherwise not.

I think Giroud will be a big loss but we'll just have to see how well we adapt our game without his presence up front. Sanogo can provide the physical presence but not the guile.

If we dont buy a DM I think we know the ambition of the club and management. Lets hope we do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Used to be that way but they changed it a few years back. There was often issues with everything being closed on weekends....namely banks.

Easier to get everything done on a Monday.

greendom wrote: »
    If Podolski goes, I think someone else will be brought in up front. Otherwise not.

I think Giroud will be a big loss but we'll just have to see how well we adapt our game without his presence up front. Sanogo can provide the physical presence but not the guile.

I don't think Sanogo has a real physical presence. He is lean and lanky but has no bulk to throw around. He seems easy enough to bully off the ball.
    He will have a great presence when he fills out though.
    One for the future.

Looks like Remy is off to Chelsea.

I don't think Sanogo has a real physical presence. He is lean and lanky but has no bulk to throw around. He seems easy enough to bully off the ball.
    He will have a great presence when he fills out though.
    One for the future.
    Perhaps he certainly annoys the hell out of defenders and wears them out. A few times last season (Everton in the cup springs to mind) he didn't get much joy but his approach made things a lot easier for Giroud when he replaced him.

Looks like Remy is off to Chelsea.

Suppose he'd be Torres' replacement. Is Costa injured too?

Anyway Jose obviously see's the importance of having a half decent back up striker. In saying that I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go to Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Suppose he'd be Torres' replacement. Is Costa injured too?

Anyway Jose obviously see's the importance of having a half decent back up striker. In saying that I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go to Chelsea.

i like Remy, would have been a decent backup for us at the least. Jose saying Costa is fit for tomorrow but say he will be ok after the break.

Anyone else getting that sinking feeling that we wont sign anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Anyone else getting that sinking feeling that we wont sign anyone?

I've had that since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

We will definitely sign someone. Looks more and more likely it will be deadline day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

shano_88 wrote: »
    We will definitely sign someone. Looks more and more likely it will be deadline day though.

A striker? I think it's getting pretty unlikely.

Still hoping for a CB and DM though.

HazDanz wrote: »
    A striker? I think it's getting pretty unlikely.

Still hoping for a CB and DM though.

Looks unlikely to me.

Id say definetly a CB and hopefully a DMF aswell.

• Advertisement

tim payton @timpayton · 8h
    So of £100m for this window almost £75m has been spent by Arsenal (incl agent fees) & £30m received so the transfer kitty is now £55 to £60m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I'm still almost confident of 2 signings and probably a departure or two as well.

cannot see 2 signings in 3 days, hope im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

shano_88 wrote: »
    tim payton @timpayton · 8h
    So of £100m for this window almost £75m has been spent by Arsenal (incl agent fees) & £30m received so the transfer kitty is now £55 to £60m

£30m received??

£30m received??

Vermaelan, Fabregas, Vela.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement