Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

Unveiled just now at Upton Park as a West Ham player
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Who is he signing for?

Only on loan it would now seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Unveiled just now at Upton Park as a West Ham player

Thats a massive drop for him, surprised at that, I think if he had of stayed with us he would of developed even more as a player. He came to us as a frail teenager who looked all at sea, Wenger worked wonders with him he improved massively when he came back from his loan spell at Charlton.

Thats a massive drop for him, surprised at that, I think if he had of stayed with us he would of developed even more as a player. He came to us as a frail teenager who looked all at sea, Wenger worked wonders with him he improved massively when he came back from his loan spell at Charlton.

He was never going to break that Barca midfield. West Ham could be a good move for him to get his career somewhat back on track. His Arsenal ship has sailed but he could still get a move to a decent sized club such as the likes of a Juve or an AC in the future and the tempo might suit him if he was to go to the likes of Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

He had a shít load of assists in his and RVP's final season tbf.

He had a few assists and for many that glossed over the fact he was playing as a DM and far to often was caught out of position and far to forward up the pitch and when caught out of position he was often seen strolling back as other teams broke with pace. When he decided to play as a DM his role in the team he was immense but the problem was he lacked the discipline to do it often enough.

I think we needed or need to sign a DM this window but even at that Arteta is a far superior player.

We have won 2 trophies since Man Utd last won a competitive game :D

Should post that in the humor thread :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Lads can we stop referring to the community shield as a trophy. Its sad.

Edit to say I'm not singling out any individual. Just an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Im not saying Sanchez wont make it as a striker he probably will and I hope he does. But he has never played as the lone striker, played of Di Natale in Italy. Aguero plays of Dzeko. Its a different role for him but he has the talent so hopefully he does, iv been crying out for a pacey striker for ages.

It was a stick used to beat us last year when Moyes and United won it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All of City's strikers making a huge impact on Stoke at the moment

• Advertisement

Ah relax would ya jasus.

It's said as a pisstake no one takes it seriously.

Much in the same vein as all the Moyes winning the charity shield was lauded over Liverpool fans a lot last year.

Don't be such a killjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Carvalho lads

Carvalho lads

????

Carvalho lads

ITK :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Carvalho lads

We sign him!?

Raf32 wrote: »
    It was a stick used to beat us last year when Moyes and United won it.

If you let that one bother you then you're fairly thin skinned!

• Advertisement

If you let that one bother you then you're fairly thin skinned!

I dont as you shouldnt let it bother you now :pac:

Ah relax would ya jasus.

It's said as a pisstake no one takes it seriously.

Much in the same vein as all the Moyes winning the charity shield was lauded over Liverpool fans a lot last year.

Don't be such a killjoy.

I'm perfectly calm. It's been called a trophy by many and most. Each to their own.

I dont as you shouldnt let it bother you now :pac:

:pac: touche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

If city lose and everton hold chelsea it could really give us a boost! A lead to keep if you will.

:pac: touche!

The double :pac:

• Advertisement

Carvalho lads

What about him?

I dont miss having Sagna in the team when he has to cross over the half way line. hopeless in attack.

I dont miss having Sagna in the team when he has to cross over the half way line. hopeless in attack.

Agreed for me so far Debuchy has shown himself to be an upgrade on Sagna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So dream last day of the window would be Carvhalo, Socratis and Cavani.

A good one would be the first two and I'd be happy enough with just Carvhalo to be honest as it would be a major boost to an area most needed and he could cover at CB too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Its over so now I can comment.

Loving the manchester results today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Its over so now I can comment.

Loving the manchester results today

Good result for Everton now would be ideal.

Be interesting to see how chelsea get on at Goodison Park actually. Not an easy place to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Agreed for me so far Debuchy has shown himself to be an upgrade on Sagna.

Sagna's better defensively but Debuchy is a quality runner going forward, always looking to get in behind and hit the touchline as opposed to Bac who almost always checked and turned inside.

That being said... a full backs primary job should be to defend.

cson wrote: »
    Sagna's better defensively but Debuchy is a quality runner going forward, always looking to get in behind and hit the touchline as opposed to Bac who almost always checked and turned inside.

I don't know about that to be honest. For me Sagna was past his best about three seasons ago.

Debuchy during the week was immense in defence and attack and although early days looks a superior player imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He's rash defensively imo and his positioning isn't as good as Sagna - he will cost us points. Though I do think he'll probably win us more points from an attacking point of view than he'll lose us defensively so I think all things considered, we probably doing ok in the right full position. I'd really love to see Bellerin do well if/when he's presented with a chance in the position. Been ages since we brought someone through.

Potentially a bit weak depth wise at left full considering how often Gibbo is crocked. Who've we got to fill in for Monreal? - Flamini? Any good left full coming through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He's rash defensively imo and his positioning isn't as good as Sagna - he will cost us points. Though I do think he'll probably win us more points from an attacking point of view than he'll lose us defensively so I think all things considered, we probably doing ok in the right full position. I'd really love to see Bellerin do well if/when he's presented with a chance in the position. Been ages since we brought someone through.

Potentially a bit weak depth wise at left full considering how often Gibbo is crocked. Who've we got to fill in for Monreal? - Flamini? Any good left full coming through?

Yeah, i'd agree with this.

The reason for Sagna being so solid at the back was down to the fact that he rarely got forward. Most of the time he'd sit just past the halfway line and now and again he'd send a cross in.

Debuchy on the other hand is an actual attacking threat!. How many times can you remember Sagna flying down the wing and cutting past the defender with ease? It wasn't often.

But of course we aren't as solid defensively but on the plus side we now have a attacking threat down the line.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah, i'd agree with this.

The reason for Sagna being so solid at the back was down to the fact that he rarely got forward. Most of the time he'd sit just past the halfway line and now and again he'd send a cross in.

Debuchy on the other hand is an actual attacking threat!. How many times can you remember Sagna flying down the wing and cutting past the defender with ease? It wasn't often.

But of course we aren't as solid defensively but on the plus side we now have a attacking threat down the line.

He often tried he just wasn't very good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It has to be mentioned that in making those forward runs Debuchy pushes the opposing winger and (and full back) backwards, negating some of the threat of being out of position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

jonny666 wrote: »
    Good result for Everton now would be ideal.

Be interesting to see how chelsea get on at Goodison Park actually. Not an easy place to go

They've lost 4 out of the last 5 visits according to Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Everton making it easy for Chelsea.

But I think we should use it as an opportunity to get pissed off that they signed Costa and Fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

HazDanz wrote: »
    They've lost 4 out of the last 5 visits according to Sky.
    Well Chelsea are already 2-0 up :(

Not too worried about that game tbh. We already know how good Chelsea are. We would have beat Everton too if not for a dodgey decision.

Everton are getting into it. Wouldn't write them off yet.

Great to have City, United and Liverpool out of the chase for invisible status already this season.

Great to have City, United and Liverpool out of the chase for invisible status already this season.

I was just thinking that and so early too. hopefully us or City can end Chelseas in the next few weeks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

hard to see it coming so early too :pac:

Its not over yet, all Everton and I fancy Lukaku for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

AdamD wrote: »

great header that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

AdamD wrote: »
    Stop talking about it!Chelsea are gonna win easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently Falcao tweeted that he was going to Madrid and then deleted it. Hmm...

Chelsea are struggling against Everton with their physicality.

I don't think we will come across too many teams more bullish than Everton last week.

• Advertisement

What a game this is. Love the premeirship. anything can happen!

Riding their luck..2 deflections and an offside goal

Has the game at Goodison gone to penalties or something? :pac: Goals just flying in at each end literally every attack at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Chelsea will win the league this year

....... Unless

Jose has taken Terry a year too far.

Cahill seems the real deal but Terry is the lion of that defence. Problem is he's 34 in a few months.

He's early matched that great Drogba-Lampard-Terry spine with Costa-Fab-Terry but that question is there.

Went out at half time score 2-1 come home half an hour later 5-3 :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement