Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

cson wrote: »
    Team needs Chamberlain to start for balance and pace.

He needs games too. He was good midweek, would like to see him build on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    We had all summer to buy him why wait until now if true? maybe the champions league clause didnt count until we were fully in?

Perhaps, maybe we weren't interested at all until the Giroud injury.

I hope he chooses Arsenal, will it come down to wages offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I hope the Remy deal pans out, despite his many detractors in here I think he's a more than solid addition to the squad.. Hopefully AW follows through with defensive reinforcements too, he's publicly come out and said we need a defender so I'm hopeful of that at least

Regarding defenders, is Papastathopoulos still on with Dortmund in our group?

I feel it might slow that deal done a little because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope the Remy deal pans out, despite his many detractors in here I think he's a more than solid addition to the squad.. Hopefully AW follows through with defensive reinforcements too, he's publicly come out and said we need a defender so I'm hopeful of that at least

Will we hear the " maybe in January" thing again i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AdamD wrote: »
    It all means nothing once it comes to contract negotiations

Bslf9RzCEAAuOBG.png

We'll see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Stupid me. Ye lads are dead right. Dunno why I thought it was Everton.

Debuschy in for chambers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why did everyone go cold on Schneiderlin? Excellent again today by all accounts

wonga77 wrote: »
    Why did everyone go cold on Schneiderlin? Excellent again today by all accounts

I'd take him.
    Very impressed with his start to the season. Would suit our team for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pretty much because he was told by Koeman he was going nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph
    Looks like there has been a bit of a twist on Loic Remy to #cfc...more on Telegraph Sport soon.

I'll miss the transfer window......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2738720/Arsenal-agree-meet-Loic-Remy-s-QPR-release-clause-Gunners-join-Chelsea-hunt-striker.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

omega man wrote: »
    Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph
    Looks like there has been a bit of a twist on Loic Remy to #cfc...more on Telegraph Sport soon.

I'll miss the transfer window......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2738720/Arsenal-agree-meet-Loic-Remy-s-QPR-release-clause-Gunners-join-Chelsea-hunt-striker.html

The guy just tweeted again saying that he's Chelsea bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

David McIntyre @davidmcintyre76 · 15m
    It seems Arsenal have come in for Remy, also activating release clause. #QPR

If true this makes me happy

David McIntyre is a very reliable reporter, the owner of westlondonsport.com

He's generally spot on, and not prone to bull****ting.

Always thought Remy would suit Arsenal better, can see him seeing a lot of the bench at Chelsea.

David McIntyre is a very reliable reporter, the owner of westlondonsport.com

He's generally spot on, and not prone to bull****ting.

Always thought Remy would suit Arsenal better, can see him seeing a lot of the bench at Chelsea.

He'll be number 2 to Costa and will get plenty of game time

I said it months ago we'd be stupid not to go in for him, Even with Giroud had a great record in a **** newcastle team last year oh and did i mention tonnes of posters in here shot it down, but now since mourinho wants him , tunes are changing , I hope Wenger is just signing him over the BA thing last year

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Panic (attempt) buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Panic (attempt) buy.

Yep. Same as Ba last year and that god awful panic splurge the year before.

Still though, it'd be nice to screw them over on a transfer for a change.

Remy would be a solid addition considering our predicament. However we've left it way too late and should have moved for him earlier in the week when we knew giroud was a long term injury. I suspect our other options were non runners so we went back for remy.

Let's now see how much he really wants to play for the Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

gosplan wrote: »
    1st point is based in what exactly? Opinion?

2nd is pretty much what I was saying. Udinese moved him central from the wing and he started scoring. I believe all the goals he scored in his final season were after he was moved.

Being a massive Jovetic fan. Seeing him play for Fiorentina in person on a few occasions while living in Florence. Only that. If you don't want to take my word, that's your call. All I'll ask for you do is ask anyone who has watched both Giroud and Jovetic, and ask which they'd prefer between the two. Me? Give me Jovetic 10 times out of 10. Giroud would be fine cover for him though.

omega man wrote: »
    Remy would be a solid addition considering our predicament. However we've left it way too late and should have moved for him earlier in the week when we knew giroud was a long term injury. I suspect our other options were non runners so we went back for remy.

Let's now see how much he really wants to play for the Arsenal

They all go where the money is so childhood nostalgia definitely wont come into it at any stage.

• Advertisement

With the rate Costa has been knocking them in so far i can't see any other striker getting a look in at Chelsea and Drogba there too , With us he has until January or longer depending on how Ollie's Recuperation goes to establish himself as the top striker for a team competing with Chelsea for the title, not to mention playing off Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

All feels like a "we tried" move.

Rusty wheels on the auld trolley.:D

But Wenger said we didn't need a CF didn't he? He would look silly saying "we tried" if he failed considering he didn't even need a CF. Whereas if he gets him most fans and pundits will say its a good move.

Rusty wheels on the auld trolley.:D

We need WD-40 as quick as possible - first thing we need to buy!

I don't believe in this we tried bull**** , Why would an almost Billion Pound company pretend to make an effort to invest in an asset ......Silly really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

They all go where the money is so childhood nostalgia definitely wont come into it at any stage.

Arsene being the clever guy he is will try to use that nostalgia against him offering him 60ka week, Chelsea will give 100k.

We haven't beaten Chelsea to a signing in 5 years, not going happen now.

We get/go for their cast offs like benayoun/ba etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Shneiderlain looks a great player, exactly the type we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't believe in this we tried bull**** , Why would an almost Billion Pound company pretend to make an effort to invest in an asset ......Silly really

Months after season tickets sold out etc etc.

So many conspiracy theories. Read Wenger's recent comments about the last few days of the transfer window, for all we know this could be a bluff to move another deal along, or as has been said we aren't even in for a striker and this is just agent talk.

• Advertisement

Cast off's lately have gotten better in quality Ozil , Sanchez i'll have more of those kind of cast offs :P

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Shneiderlain looks a great player, exactly the type we need.

I'm watching MOTD slightly delayed and I've just seen him dispossesed of the ball 30 yards out and West Ham opening the scoring.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Arsene being the clever guy he is will try to use that nostalgia against him offering him 60ka week, Chelsea will give 100k.

We haven't beaten Chelsea to a signing in 5 years, not going happen now.

We get/go for their cast offs like benayoun/ba etc
    Money talks. I would rather win nothing and have a bit of class then win trophies off the back of a sugar daddy. There a club I just cant bring myself to respect for some reason.

greendom wrote: »
    I'm watching MOTD slightly delayed and I've just seen him dispossesed of the ball 30 yards out and West Ham opening the scoring.

I love his energy he flys around the place.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I love his energy he flys around the place.

It was a poor start to be fair, but he did improve after that.

Cast off's lately have gotten better in quality Ozil , Sanchez i'll have more of those kind of cast offs :P

Actually hope Falcao goes to Madrid. Sure they are one of our many satellite clubs abroad :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Meh,

Remy in Campbell out.

Not really pushed either way.

If Wenger feels that with Giroud out, Remy is a handier person to have around than Campbell then fair enough.

I guess with what we were saying earlier about Sanchez being a second striker then maybe that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Been offline for a couple of weeks, but the funny thing is you can jump back into this thread and its pretty much the same stuff at the same stage of each season. We're nothing if not consistent as a club. Will we ever see a day where we're not an injury away from a crisis and going into a deadline day needing at least 2 players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I... I can't believe it! Like i thought I never see it! :eek::eek:

Just... Is is real? Has it all been a lie?

WTF!!!!!

Arteta didn't always have perfect hair!! :eek:

YaF7koz.jpg

I really hope we don't get a Wenger style shrug of the shoulders and "well we tried" answer when he is questioned about our what is lookin likey lack of transfer activity. I love Wenger, as I have done from day one as a 14 year old when he joined the club but sometimes his attitude to transfers drives me up the wall. Interesting point from Jonthan Northcroft of the Times in yesterday's bbc five live podcast how Wenger never likes to go and buy one player to replace an injured one citing Diabys presence as one reason we haven't adequately covered our midfield. By all accounts, Wenger seems to love Diaby and probably is still hopeful of him making an impact this season

I really hope we don't get a Wenger style shrug of the shoulders and "well we tried" answer when he is questioned about our what is lookin likey lack of transfer activity. I love Wenger, as I have done from day one as a 14 year old when he joined the club but sometimes his attitude to transfers drives me up the wall. Interesting point from Jonthan Northcroft of the Times in yesterday's bbc five live podcast how Wenger never likes to go and buy one player to replace an injured one citing Diabys presence as one reason we haven't adequately covered our midfield. By all accounts, Wenger seems to love Diaby and probably is still hopeful of him making an impact this season

Wenger used Akpom in defence of not signing anyone today. Something along the lines of "People always think the answer is to buy and no one suggests I should play Akpom".

Wenger is the very one who'll let Akpom off just as he has done with other youth strikers with similar goalscoring records so he can hardly use the availability of Akpom as an excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I would love us to sign all the players, everywhere we see weakness but the truth is only sugar daddy clubs like Chelsea or City can.

It's impossible to compete with these clubs because of how they are run , excluding them Wenger is always in the top 2/3 clubs in England, and he has got the better of them at times.

We 'll get some players in but until sugar daddy clubs are gone or restricted for clubs like ourselves 3rd is the most that should be accepted

Soups123 wrote: »
    I would love us to sign all the players, everywhere we see weakness but the truth is only sugar daddy clubs like Chelsea or City can.

It's impossible to compete with these clubs because of how they are run , excluding them Wenger is always in the top 2/3 clubs in England, and he has got the better of them at times.

We 'll get some players in but until sugar daddy clubs are gone or restricted for clubs like ourselves 3rd is the most that should be accepted

We mightn't be able to compete in terms of wages but there's no excuse for leaving us short of adequate numbers in key positions.. We're meant to have one of the most advanced scouting networks so there must be a good amount of options for us to bulk up out team. I find it hard to understand why adequate cover hasn't been brought in for defensive positions. It still might happen but leaving it so late is peculiar to say the least.

When the likes of hull and stoke can have 3 or 4 strikers , Its no excuse that we should have no strikers.....out and out strikers not to be confused with some one who can do a job up top

When the likes of hull and stoke can have 3 or 4 strikers , Its no excuse that we should have no strikers.....out and out strikers not to be confused with some one who can do a job up top

We have Giroud, Sanogo, Campbell, Sanchez & Walcott that are all better than any Stoke forward.

But I agree to compete we needed to make a signing

United have no sugar daddy and are reinvesting years of profits in this window alone. We don't need a sugar daddy, we need to marry a slag who'll go out and spend millions on stuff that's overpriced but at least is nice and top-of-the-range.

One name I haven't heard all summer : draxler.. I'd be delighted if he ever joins us

Interesting blog here ion Ozil.. Bit harsh in parts perhaps but there's no doubt we need him to step it up now.. Please, please please play him in the centre

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/29/mesut-ozil-arsenal-transfer-window-premier-league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Should have signed Remy weeks ago IF we're interested.

Now its a panic.

United have no sugar daddy and are reinvesting years of profits in this window alone. We don't need a sugar daddy, we need to marry a slag who'll go out and spend millions on stuff that's overpriced but at least is nice and top-of-the-range.

United are desperately trying to reestablish themselves, what is going on at the minute smells of panic. I'm not convinced.

We should ask Usmanov (however you spell it) to stick a no conditions 100m on the table and piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

53917798.jpg

United are desperately trying to reestablish themselves, what is going on at the minute smells of panic. I'm not convinced.

We should ask Usmanov (however you spell it) to stick a no conditions 100m on the table and piss off

He'd probably say "piss off"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement