Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Emmmm yeah.

Wenger, please get the checkbook out.

We badly, badly need a striker and a DM/B2B midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Its crap like this that keeps us at 4th place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Same old story... Same old story.. Too dejected to contribute anything a productive to the discussion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Im not Wenger out but i can see why people do call for his head. Hard to defend him when he leaves us without a CF and a DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not good enough, not creative enough, not enough pace or cutting edge
    In time im sure Sanogo will turn out to be decent but at the moment he's simply too raw to be leading the line for us. We need a top striker and this seems to be obvious to everyone but le gaffer.
    We are too easy to defend against

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Just looking at strikers from todays game - Sanogo is so raw. Too raw to lead our line in the league or champion's league.

Podolski looked completely disinterested, almost stale.

Not a good performance from the team, just not enough urgency and a will to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Sorry we looked toothless up front, how Wenger doesn't think we need a world class striker in our team is still crazy to me. We still have the weaknesses we had from last season, nothing has changed. We looked slow going forward. How many clear cut chances did we really have?. YaYa tried but if we want to win titles we need better then that, Lukas looked non bothered when he came on.

Not beating teams like that really shows we are in for a long hard season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We are looking very thin at the back and we certainly need an additional centre back.

Also an upgrade on Flamini is essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    At least 2 things! Striker and DM.

We've played what 5 games this season? And each one we've played bad. If Wenger doesn't sign a ST and DM you have to question his ambition.

It's more than just 2 signings.

Arsene is not getting the best out of what we have!

Very worrying.

Ozil looks awful, German's say Arsene has ruined him.

We will be battling for 4th again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Let's be honest ozil and Sanchez weren't badly needed.

DM and striker has been needed for years, i can't understand Wenger's thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I can't believe I'm going to say this I was one who said all summer I didn't want Remy.

But if the transfer window closes and we don't sign a CF it will be criminal that we didn't sign him.

As this window stands I'd give it a 5/10 and that's being generous. Debuchy and Sanchez both good signings Chambers has been better than any of us expected but we all said at the begining of the summer we needed a DM and a CF and there still the two areas we haven't addressed.

Not giving up hope yet get chequebook out Wenger.

Three signings tomorrow or its 3rd/4th again. We will probably get a washed up utility centre back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    It's more than just 2 signings.

Arsene is not getting the best out of what we have!

Very worrying.

Ozil looks awful, German's say Arsene has ruined him.

We will be battling for 4th again.

I'm all for people complaining about today and transfers but comments like this get my goat .

Wenger ruined Ozil my arse, the lad needs to start upping his game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm Ramsey biggest fan but so far this season it's like he is believing his own hype

Go back to basics man

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭no money honey

4th place trophy here we come. 4 fit defenders, 6 overall and Sanago up top until January. And still no need for transfers, utterly pathetic. Sanogo is not Championship standard, the worst first touch I've ever seen. Another "project" player from Wenger like Denilson, Eboue etc. How about he opens an Academy in France if he wants to develop these bums for years on end.

Chelsea will walk away with it, they'll probably improve on their 6-0 win from March.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Im not Wenger out but i can see why people do call for his head. Hard to defend him when he leaves us without a CF and a DM

I only get mad at Wenger when it comes to him been blind and stupid about thinking we have good enough forwards. We need a Centre back with pace, A world class defensive midfielder and top class striker. Let's be honest, who really sees that happening by tomorrow. Expect a half decent Defender. a cut price defensive midfielder and Zigic if we are lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's his basic lack of ability to have any effect on outcome of a game that is my biggest gripe with him. Extremely frustrating.

Anyone that says a DM and CF werent the main areas we needed to strengthen after replacements are deluded.

Just since it was brought up after the last match, we're a point down on the 3 corresponding fixtures last season, or we're a point down on the same stage last season. Whichever way ya fancy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Three signings tomorrow or its 3rd/4th again. We will probably get a washed up utility centre back

We'll be lucky to get 3rd or 4th if we keep playing like we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Maybe he will get Kallstrom back, lol

Signing Sanchez was utterly pointless if you play him on the wing and Sanogoals up front. We suffered for long enough but now we have to watch Adebayor II develop his trade while we attempt to win trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Signing Sanchez was utterly pointless if you play him on the wing and Sanogoals up front. We suffered for long enough but now we have to watch Adebayor II develop his trade while we attempt to win trophies.

To be fair Sanchez has looked fantastic every game he's played. I also think he's more dangerous when played wide.

4 games - 2 goals - 1 assists

I can't believe I'm going to say this I was one who said all summer I didn't want Remy.

But if the transfer window closes and we don't sign a CF it will be criminal that we didn't sign him.

As this window stands I'd give it a 5/10 and that's being generous. Debuchy and Sanchez both good signings Chambers has been better than any of us expected but we all said at the begining of the summer we needed a DM and a CF and there still the two areas we haven't addressed.

Not giving up hope yet get chequebook out Wenger.

He still didn't buy what we really needed a Top class forward and World Class Defensive Midfielder, for me our summer spending has been nice but still we nag cause we see what Wenger still needs but he's so stubborn that he won't admit he's wrong.

I take Remy now to be honest at least he's a somewhat proven goal taker.

If Wenger doesn't go all out to tomorrow (I expect one signing) I think we be fighting for 4th again sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Remi is gone to Chelsea already so no point talking about him

To be fair Sanchez has looked fantastic every game he's played. I also think he's more dangerous when played wide.

Hes been our best player. If we had a world class striker Sanchez and Ozil would look far better. We're making no runs, theres nobody in the box for crosses.

Anyone we do play up front is isolated. And players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Cazorla are not doing enough to make up for the lack of goal threat.

Wenger did Fabregas another huge favour.

Would have been sickening to go back to that **** again

But playing him on the wing with Sanogo up front means we're still worse off than Alexis up front a decent player on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

wonga77 wrote: »
    Remi is gone to Chelsea already so no point talking about him

I know that was making the point off if we don't sign a CF it will be criminal we at least didn't go in for Remy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Very confusing stuff. Wenger says Poldi can't play at CF. Brings him on there and moves our striker to the wing. We apparently have too many strikers according to AW but we just worked the opposition keeper a couple of times in that game. We have 4 fit defenders. One injury away from Monreal at CB.

Looking at needing a couple of miracles tomorrow or its going to be a long season.

We'll be lucky to get 3rd or 4th if we keep playing like we are.

I agree sadly, it looks like the same problems different year. I just can't believe Wenger doesn't see it.

The only striker we'll get now is some more Ligue 1 trash like Gignac.

Ozil and Chamberlain did absolutely nothing after their injuries, usual mythical 3 weeks for each?

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm all for people complaining about today and transfers but comments like this get my goat .

Wenger ruined Ozil my arse, the lad needs to start upping his game

Fair point, but Arsene has a rep for not motivating record signings

Looper007 wrote: »
    I agree sadly, it looks like the same problems different year. I just can't believe Wenger doesn't see it.

Nobody can convince me Wenger cant see Sanogoals is ****. Wengers gone on one again wants to prove the world wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

But playing him on the wing with Sanogo up front means we're still worse off than Alexis up front a decent player on the wing.

Don't see why he wasn't started as striker today with Ox on the wing, Sanchez had his best performance in the 2nd half during the week I thought. Leicester gave us tonnes of space at times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Struggling to beat Palace and Leicester is not good.

Team just isn't clicking. Too pedestrian for the most part. Mertesacker looks miles off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

To think, there were some on here, who when I protested against Sanogo starting, had the gall to retort with "give him a chance" and "but look at his potential".

Wenger, just stick Sanchez up front and play Campbell on the wings. Heck, any variation that means I never have to watch the lanky, daddy long legs play again.

Also, if the gaffer isn't going to sign a striker, why not just give Akpom a bloody go?? He has done just as much as Sanogo and has been with us since he was a youngster.
    Based on what I have seen of Sanogoals and Akpom, Akpom deserves his place in the squad.

16 games - 0 goals.

I thought we would kick on after winning the cup and with less financial restrictions. Was sure of a striker or a dm because even a 5 year old could see thats what we need. Different season same story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sanogo lads jesus christ I would say Campbell was sitting on the bench today dumb founded how he is not getting in ahead of him, even Podolski surely should of got the nod ahead of him. Yet again we are 1 or 2 quality players from mounting a real challenge.

• Advertisement

Nobody can convince me Wenger cant see Sanogoals is ****. Wengers gone on one again wants to prove the world wrong.

He got the sack at Monaco for that.

Personal agenda ahead of the team, Wenger knows

Dapics wrote: »
    To think, there were some on here, who when I protested against Sanogo starting, had the gall to retort with "give him a chance" and "but look at his potential".

Wenger, just stick Sanchez up front and play Campbell on the wings. Heck, any variation that means I never have to watch the lanky, daddy long legs play again.

It amazes me that he still thinks Sango is able for the step up but not Campbell who had a great World Cup. Lukas looked non interested, a sign of a man that's wants away. Sango needs a loan spell away, we should have made a statement of intent with a signing of a top striker but Wenger just isn't that man who make that 70 million signing like a Jose would.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Fair point, but Arsene has a rep for not motivating record signings

Tbh we've only ever bought 2 (Ozil &Sanchez).

Before that record signings were 12/13m on players like Arshavin and Wiltord.

He got great careers out of Henry, Bergkamp, Overmars & is doing well with Ramsey, Cazorla etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Also, if the gaffer isn't going to sign a striker, why not just give Akpom a bloody go?? He has done just as much as Sanogo and has been with us since he was a youngster.
    Based on what I have seen of Sanogoals and Akpom, Akpom deserves his place in the squad.

I honestly cant see the potential in the lad he just looks too gangly and awkward, its like he was randomly plucked out of the crowd and given a jersey.

Wenger's downfall is he doesn't want anyone telling him what to do. As much as I hate Jose, he knows when he's wrong and will go out and buy the players he needs. Wenger is the total opposite, don't expect any striker tomorrow sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sanogo lads jesus christ I would say Campbell was sitting on the bench today dumb founded how he is not getting in ahead of him, even Podolski surely should of got the nod ahead of him. Yet again we are 1 or 2 quality players from mounting a real challenge.

He might be on his way out tomorrow? No basis for this but could be a reason.

16 games - 0 goals.

No one said he was the answer to the problem but he is better than your suggestion of Akpom.

Sanogo played as everyone expected, problem was others we hoped would play well didnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

DMF is a problem that doesn't have much of an impact really apart from in a select few matches.

The goals scored tally was the problem from last year. We just never look like scoring more than 1 or 2 and for me it's all sbout an inibility to attack with any pace. If we had added Sanchez and got Walcott back, that would maybe have improved to the desired level.

However now Giroud is injured and his replacement looks like he won't contribute much.

We're back to that pedestrian football that comes with too many midfielders passing too many times.

Hard to see us improving on last year unless something happens.

Honest question, does anyone expect Wenger to make signings Tomorrow? or are we expect the same line "I have all I need now" from Wenger. I think cause of this result I think he be pushed to make a signing or two.

Chelsea needed a left back, a creative midfielder and a striker. Got all before August with a small net spend. We need a DM and a CF for 2 years and we are heading into the last day of the window without them. Must be keeping the powder dry for January. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement