Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

cson wrote: »
    Struggling to beat Palace and Leicester is not good.

Team just isn't clicking. Too pedestrian for the most part. Mertesacker looks miles off the pace.
    Struggling to beat them would be one thing, we didn't beat them.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Add in Koscielny, Ox and Ozil and we could be powering up to 2nd by tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Well I'll see ye tomorrow lads - I'll have my biggest bowl of popcorn ready and the bottle of fizz pop for our traditional meltdown! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Soups123 wrote: »
    No one said he was the answer to the problem but he is better than your suggestion of Akpom.

Sanogo played as everyone expected, problem was others we hoped would play well didnt

How on earth is Sanogo better than Akpom?

What has Sanogo done to vindicate that sentence?

Like actually what? 16 games - 0 goals. I'd bet my house that if Akpom was given that amount of games, he would have bagged a few.

You mean to tell me that if Wenger isn't gonna buy a striker (and say Sanchez was injured or Wenger was determined to place him on the wings), you would rather see Sanogo up front than Akpom who has been here since he was a youngster and is a proven goalscorer at u-21 and u-18 level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

HazDanz wrote: »
    He might be on his way out tomorrow? No basis for this but could be a reason.

You mean Lukas? Yeah it looks like that could be his last game for us alright, he looked so disinterested in been on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chelsea needed a left back, a creative midfielder and a striker. Got all before August with a small net spend. We need a DM and a CF for 2 years and we are heading into the last day of the window without them. Must be keeping the powder dry for January. :rolleyes:

Expect them to add another striker by tomorrow. They be set for the long season ahead. Expect Wenger to say at 10 a.m "No more buys, My squad is strong".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Dapics wrote: »

Like actually what? 16 games - 0 goals. I'd bet my house that if Akpom was given that amount of games, he would have bagged a few.

You mean to tell me that if Wenger isn't gonna buy a striker (and say Sanchez was injured or Wenger was determined to place him on the wings), you would rather see Sanogo up front than Akpom who has been here since he was a youngster and is a proven goalscorer at u-21 and u-18 level?

I 'll reverse the question to you? What has he Akpom done to warrant a starting place ? Neither are good enough both are potentials and it seems Wenger sees more of it in Sanogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Looper007 wrote: »
    You mean Lukas? Yeah it looks like that could be his last game for us alright, he looked so disinterested in been on the field.

He won't go without a replacement forward coming in. I'm convinced of that

Give him a chaaaaaance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Are you Akpom?

• Advertisement

Yes Man City lost yesterday and you are right they have strikers - they have aguero, Jovetic and Dzeko.

"Lets not fool ourselves as well, if the solution is to buy a new player when we lose, everyone would do that"

Damn you Wenger if this is your attitude.

Are you Akpom?

I dunno about him but I'm Spartacus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Give him a chaaaaaance

Yeah he's not that bad, seems a good lad too.

We should be playing 4-4-2 against everyone bar top 5.

Even a prime Henry would struggle in 4-5-1

Yes Man City lost yesterday and you are right they have strikers - they have aguero, Jovetic and Dzeko.

"Lets not fool ourselves as well, if the solution is to buy a new player when we lose, everyone would do that"

I admire that force of character. Still, I would like a forward brought in and reinforcements in defence and some steel for the midfiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

A man that needs to be brought down a level!

Far too cushy he has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

BTW does everyone realise that the statistics would suggest that of Arteta were playing today, we would have won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭no money honey

Wenger rates Sanogo more than Akpom or Afobe because hes French. Afobe scored 2 against United during the week, thats more than Sanogos done in his entire career. Sanogo wouldnt make Chelseas U21 squad.

Its come to the stage I'm hoping we sign Danny Welbeck, hes fairly **** but hes cheap and available, and 10 times as good as Sanogoals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger rates Sanogo more than Akpom or Afobe because hes French. Afobe scored 2 against United during the week, thats more than Sanogos done in his entire career. Sanogo wouldnt make Chelseas U21 squad.

Its come to the stage I'm hoping we sign Danny Welbeck, hes fairly **** but hes cheap and available, and 10 times as good as Sanogoals

Well that post is utter horseshît

Pure rubbish on the French thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I just can't get how Sanogo started today.

Pod & Campbell are miles ahead of him. I know Wenger is trying to get him to lead the line but tbh he is the last in the pecking order (or he should be!).

I pray to god that Wenger has an ace up his sleeve tomorrow but experience is telling me that this isn't going to happen. Tomorrow is going to be a long day!!!!

gandalf wrote: »
    I just can't get how Sanogo started today.

Pod & Campbell are miles ahead of him. I know Wenger is trying to get him to lead the line but tbh he is the last in the pecking order (or he should be!).

I pray to god that Wenger has an ace up his sleeve tomorrow but experience is telling me that this isn't going to happen. Tomorrow is going to be a long day!!!!

I never claim to have an ounce of football clout in comparison to Wenger (& football folk of that ilk) but this one is so blatantly obvious I can't see how it's being ignored

• Advertisement

Wenger wants to give Sanago a good life and house in London. He owes favours to people at Auxerre. Look at Diaby, he rakes in a few million pounds a year from the club and fans for nothing. Hes laughing at us. I have a a better touch than SanNoGoals and I play astro 5 times a year.

Well that post is utter horseshît

Prove me wrong kid, prove me wrong.

Wenger wants to give Sanago a good life and house in London. He owes favours to people at Auxerre. Look at Diaby, he rakes in a few million pounds a year from the club and fans for nothing. Hes laughing at us. I have a a better touch than SanNoGoals and I play astro 5 times a year.

Best post ever

Have you met Colonialboy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bacca rumours going around tonight. I have been saying it for months he would be perfect for us.

Bacca rumours going around tonight. I have been saying it for months he would be perfect for us.

Who that

Give him a chaaaaaance

Ah yes because in the 16 chances he has been given he has done so much! If not scoring any goals is contributing to arsenals overall performance.

As for Akpom:

England U-17 - 13/5
    England U-19 - 14/6

Arsenal U-21 - 31/20
    Arsenal U-19 UEFA - 6/4

3 Pre-season friendlies - 2 goals.

First is appearances, latter is goals.

Now please tell me why Sanogo deserves to be ahead of Akpom in the playing order/Akpom dosen't deserve a chance instead of Sanogo.

Edit: had a tough time at Brentford, but overall played pretty well, got an assist and two pre-assists in the 6 games he played.

2 edit: I would love a new striker and want one. But if we don't get one, and if Wenger isn't willing to play Podolski up front then that leaves Sanogo and Akpom.

Could those who were supporting the playing of Sanogo ahead of Akpom/arguing Akpom isn't as good, if not better, than Sanogo, could raise their heads and reply to this, then that would be sounddd.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Who that

Sevilla Columbian striker

Sevilla Columbian striker

Theres only one Columbian striker we should be in for if this club had any balls

@Soups

Its going on heavily in the Championship and lower leagues. Warnock, Freedman and Allardyce plus certain agents are buying and selling players to get a cut of the deals and money from agents. I'm ITK, and look at George Graham this club has history here.

3 words for you:

Park Chu Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yep, i'd be happy with him.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't mind Bacca.

Is a proven goalscorer. Done the business in four different leagues. Seen some vids on Youtube. He has a bit of Remy about him.

Theres only one Columbian striker we should be in for if this club had any balls

More more

gosplan wrote: »
    More more

Wengers taking bungs in the match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Its actually madness when you stop and think that Podolski a player with 100+ caps and 40+ goals for Germany and Campbell who was a torn in every teams side at the World Cup are sitting on the bench for an unproven, unknown French kid, a pure head scratcher.

Anyone know how you'd get yourself perma banned just from the soccer forum?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its actually madness when you stop and think that Podolski a player with 100+ caps and 40+ goals for Germany and Campbell who was a torn in every teams side at the World Cup are sitting on the bench for an unproven, unknown French kid, a pure head scratcher.

Podolski was worse than sanogo when he came on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Yep...he's a good player and more mobile than Giroud. Good finisher and for £10-£12 million would be a good buy.

Has done really, really well at Sevilla.

Yep...he's a good player and more mobile than Giroud. Good finisher and for £10-£12 million would be a good buy.

Has done really, really well at Sevilla.

Think I read he has a €30 million buy out clause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Podolski was worse than sanogo when he came on

But Podolski is proven at the highest level thats the point im trying to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Sanogo must be somehow outplaying the likes of podolski and campbell in training for wenger to be giving him his game over them because i cant think of any other reason that lad is let on the pitch. Bollocks to "giving him a chance", we need a proven goalscorer not an uncomposed french younglad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't think anyone's brought it up yet but Ozil has been very poor so far this season, I know its a criminal offence around here to say it but I think we've been clutching at straws since February. Playing him on the wing is nonsense too, he hasn't got it in him to be direct enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

greendom wrote: »
    Think I read he has a €30 million buy out clause

Sevilla have serious debt - including a large amount of money owed to the Spanish Government - so they can't afford to hold out for the full amount in his buy-out clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pure dross today from team and manager.
    Couldn't pick out which was worse, our midfield or striker.
    Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Chamberlain all way below par. Flamini a liability.
    Sanogo a young lad who is pure green and who tried his best but is way off what we need. Ozil didn't want to know today.
    Utterly disgusted. We have not played well in any of our 5 competitive games this season yet lads fool themselves into thinking we can win the league.
    We will be fighting with the usual suspects for 4th again.

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't think anyone's brought it up yet but Ozil has been very poor so far this season, I know its a criminal offence around here to say it but I think we've been clutching at straws since February. Playing him on the wing is nonsense too, he hasn't got it in him to be direct enough.

He's been better than Ramsey, most of the team are not playing well to be fair

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    But Podolski is proven at the highest level thats the point im trying to make.

The proper striker thing is not bothering me tachy much

This change of formation is grinding me gears though

I asked the question before the match but i cant see why people think we can win the league with this squad? Its threadbare with a severe lack of quality down the spine.

3 games in a win and two away draws

And people are writing off our top 4 chances

Fûck right off

3 games in a win and two away draws

And people are writing off our top 4 chances

Fûck right off

Im not writing off top 4. we will come third or 4th
    but its sad because it seems to be our ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Even if we had a top class striker today I still dont think we would have scored more, we created fcuk all real chances

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement