Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Support Wenger 100% here.

Just thought I'd some balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I read somewhere that we still had 60 million in the transfer kitty. Anyone else read that?
    If true then we need to spend a bit.
    If Carvalho is as good as they say he would be number one even before a striker for me.

Agree here think the DM is more important than a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

cathalio11 wrote: »

Not really balance ;)

Most of us in here support Wenger.

Just baffled that we may Sanogo as our CF for the next few months .

I've backed him before but he was atrocious today almost looked amateur at times his touch was that bad.

Any particular reason or just something to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Most fans are fully behind him. However we're fans, not paid vast amounts of money like wenger and his players so I think we're entitled to let off a little steam as and when we want to. We do it for the love of arsenal football club. We give up our time, energy and even our hard earned cash to support our team (not to mention the emotional drain of it all!). Let's have faith in our manager but not blind faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

There is always one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I love AW. He frustrates me though. Big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Well, I just trust him completely to do the right thing.

I believe our first goal has to be getting into the top 4. That's the minimum that we have to achieve.

No matter what fancy 40 million name we bring in, we're going to struggle to beat all of Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, United and Everton but we're on the right track.

I think that Wenger is right in saying that when Arsenal have a bad result, some people instantly think the solution is spend 30 million on a big name.

I also agree that Wenger will only buy a player that he feels has the quality. He's not going to do what Dalglish did for the sake of buying. If he's going to stunt the development of Sanogo in the centre forward role, he's going to make sure that he is 100% confident in the signing.

That is why Arsenal are in such a stable position. We don't take risks. We have our ups and downs but we never have extreme downs that last months or years. But we did have that extreme up in winning the FA Cup.

We'll see how it goes from here but this is just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dvemail wrote: »

Come on financial fair play. A lot has been talked about you, now its time to deliver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That is why Arsenal are in such a stable position. We don't take risks. We have our ups and downs but we never have extreme downs that last months or years. But we did have that extreme up in winning the FA Cup.

That's a fair enough opinion but on the last points .

You get nowhere in football or life without taking risks.

And I don't see an FA cup as anywhere near extreme.

We are a PL club based in London with a huge stadium and fan base we should without doubt be challenging.

In saying that for now financially competing with City and Chelsea is hard, but fans are looking for Wenger to buy were it's needed it doesn't have to be a Falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Said it last week and I'll stick with the opinion that the perfect striker for Arsenal is a Columbian. Not falcao or bacca but Jackson Martinez. With all the money you have it is mad that you don't splash the cash for someone like him. He offers so much IMO and along with a high quality DM could turn you into real title contenders. Not that Id want that of course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

greendom wrote: »
    Come on financial fair play. A lot has been talked about you, now its time to deliver!

Arsene get the money clip loose!

ed57b344b62d04200a18f18b0ab3389d_large.gif

I believe our first goal has to be getting into the top 4. That's the minimum that we have to achieve.

No matter what fancy 40 million name we bring in, we're going to struggle to beat all of Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, United and Everton but we're on the right track.

I think that Wenger is right in saying that when Arsenal have a bad result, some people instantly think the solution is spend 30 million on a big name.

I also agree that Wenger will only buy a player that he feels has the quality. He's not going to do what Dalglish did for the sake of buying. If he's going to stunt the development of Sanogo in the centre forward role, he's going to make sure that he is 100% confident in the signing.

And that's why nothing will ever change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If City sell Negredo they can buy Falcao and stay within FFP, ain't happening for Arsenal.

dvemail wrote: »

The next 24 hours are going to add years to us all!

Just can't see us spending that money on deadline day. I'd have some concerns buying him outright due to his injury. I'd take the loan deal no problem. We need a big lift right now.

AdamD wrote: »
    If City sell Negredo they can buy Falcao and stay within FFP, ain't happening for Arsenal.

They have to sell more than Negredo to be compliant from what I've heard.

I think I will partake in a media blackout until tomorrow night at 11.15pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gandalf wrote: »
    I think I will partake in a media blackout until tomorrow night at 11.15pm!

It's fun though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not sure if true.. But I heard that Bony had a £19M release clause.

I'd throw £17M at them and try get him. He's Prem proven with quick feet,great finishing and is pretty quick.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Not sure if true.. But I heard that Bony had a £19M release clause.

I'd throw £17M at them and try get him. He's Prem proven with quick feet,great finishing and is pretty quick.

Fcuk that I want Cavani :) nice goal he got tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im depressed at the thought of fighting for 3rd or 4th. Fcuk that, i want to be back at the top

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wiki is the most reliable source, right?
    On the 31st August 2014 Bacca joined Arsenal in a £22 million pound deal. The deal also allowed Joel Campbell to go the other way in a season long loan, Arsenal have also allowed Sevilla the use of 3 fridge freezers which they will use to store Burrito's in. Arsene Wenger said it's a top bloody deal for both clubs and also stated that Emile Heskey is still the greatest. Wenger confirmed the deal was to be the start of a great partnership between the two clubs before adding that the Nikola Zigic deal fell through due to the strikers ridiculous wage demands. The striker had demanded £260 a week but Wenger stated there is more chance of Michael Jackson winning Wimbledon.

I'm working nights this week so I'll be going home and dreaming of signing Falcao and Carvalho wake up about three probably to signing of Heskey .

wonga77 wrote: »
    Im depressed at the thought of fighting for 3rd or 4th. Fcuk that, i want to be back at the top

Going by today's performance, 3rd or 4th is still the very best we can hope for in all honesty. There is a massive gap down the middle of our team and massive indiscipline on the field in terms of defensive players getting caught miles up the pitch (Mert and Flamini). At times we looked uninterested in getting a winner. Granted Leicester were tough to break down but if they can trouble us to that extent then i sense more batterings at Anfield and Stamford Bridge on the horizon.

On Rabiot.

Get French Football@GFN_France
    PSG President Nasser Al Khelaifi on Adrien Rabiot: "We are in talks with Roma and another club. He could leave, we are in talks." #PSG #ASR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I look forward to this time tomorow night when i can start updating my Fifa ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I look forward to this time tomorow night when i can start updating my Fifa ;)

Zigic and Kim K it is :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »

Nah his backs healed up now rehabilitation is done, might come back if he gets a thigh strain or something.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

Except we'll feck that up and end up signing Kim Kardashian!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gandalf wrote: »
    Except we'll feck that up and end up signing Kim Kardashian!!

Wouldnt mind that tbh :pac:

A lot if reports going around that Carvalho has Saud goodbye to his teammates. 24 hrs to go the rumours are going to come thick and fast.

A lot if reports going around that Carvalho has Saud goodbye to his teammates. 24 hrs to go the rumours are going to come thick and fast.

He's off to Saudi Arabia?......:pac:

When ya think about it Falcao is recupperating from injury .....Sounds just about right for us

When ya think about it Falcao is recupperating from injury .....Sounds just about right for us

If he arrives in Heathrow we should hit him in the legs with a belt of a sledgehammer just in case he is fit and raring to go :pac:

• Advertisement

Think that was yet another fake twitter account.

Reports that UTD are in for falcao. Apparently Van P requires knee surgery (no surprise there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I see Kos is out of the French internationals. Anyone know if he is going to be ok for City ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

So in other words, you just want top 4 every season???

I question the mentality of arsenal fans who preach stability and make up other excuses for our performances/signings etc.

I want us to win the title; during the tough years, I accepted that top 4 should be our aim but with all that supposedly behind us and the 40odd million left that is apparently exclusively for signings, I am not willing to settle for 4th this season.

The reason most of us are complaning on here is that the obvious weaknesses in our side - DM and CF are now exposed and it is evident that in order to win the title, we have to sign a world class/extremely good striker who is capable of scoring 30+ goals a season.

Look at how easily we were overrun in midfield today with Flamini playing. We badly need a physical beast in there to stop teams (especially good ones) counter-attacking. That translates to a very very good DM/B2B.

In order to win the league, we need a DM and a WC out and out CF. We are annoyed because Wenger has refused to do this and therefore reduced greatly our chances of winning the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Lads naked photos of Jennifer Lawerence leaked online, If that can happen i beleive anything can Falcao's a dead cert i can feel it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Lads naked photos of Jennifer Lawerence leaked online, If that can happen i beleive anything can Falcao's a dead cert i can feel it ;)

PM please :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I genuinely thought it was a bit quiet in here for the night that's in it and then I saw the ruckus online :D

Google and imgur in particular are your friends can't link from my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I genuinely thought it was a bit quiet in here for the night that's in it and then I saw the ruckus online :D

Good stuff alright.

Silly girls ;-)

You know it's a quiet deadline day when we're all talking about Jennifer Lawrence's tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You know it's a quiet deadline day when we're all talking about Jennifer Lawrence's tits.

In fairness I've had worse deadline days :)

It's all the other forums are talking about too except Liverpool strangely enough

It's all the other forums are talking about too except Liverpool strangely enough

I always did say there was something funny about those Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement