Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

7hrs and not a word, I hope Arsene slept well because I didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

There is a lot of people who told a few of us here to stop been so negative about signings and give Wenger a chance until the window closes.

Let's hope they were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'll be shocked if we address the issues in the squad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

There is a lot of people who told a few of us here to stop been so negative about signings and give Wenger a chance until the window closes.

Let's hope they were right.

The clock is ticking, unfortunately there will be alot of "I told You so" posters back in action tonight.
    I just hope for all our sakes that he has a late trick or two up his sleeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So Sky say the Falcao deal to Arsenal will be a "slow burner" - the club are interested but no formal deal has been made to Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I always did say there was something funny about those Liverpool fans.

Yeah we all have girlfriends/wife's etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭G1032

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if we address the issues in the squad today.

Me too. He seems convinced that Sanogo is capable of leading the line until after Christmas. It's just bizarre.

4 points behind Chelsea already and City up next. League could be as goodf as over for us after just 4 games.

Fingers crossed all these Falcao for £55m rumours are true

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

In terms of I told you so, last season I called Sanogo a complete and utter donkey. He shouldn't be near the squad with title aspirations let alone the team. I was berated by some on here. But by god he is awful. 1 point at Leicester is utter ****e. Let's hope Wenger pulls his finger out today. Firepower was our problem last year. It's worse so far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Soups123 wrote: »
    7hrs and not a word, I hope Arsene slept well because I didn't

Everyone knows Arsene likes young talent. He would have spent half the night on reddit and 4chan. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fully confident that 1 signing will be made, reasonably confident of 2 and hopeful of 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vlaar linked. Would be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »

Good signing as a back up that. I hope we be hearing about a striker soon enough and defensive midfielder.

Fairly crazy talk. Vlaar wont move anywhere as backup at this stage of his career.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

When asked about transfers after villas win vs Hull Lambert said that he was hoping for 1 or 2 in but can't be sure but that Vlaar isn't going anywhere. Despite his age and short contract length I think the villa captain (who prob wants to be a starter at a club) would cost too much for Arsene to see value in such a deal.

Would love if you guys got carvahlo & Falcao, expect you to get some random CB and maybe a loan CF a la how he tried to get Ba for cover last year

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Fairly crazy talk. Vlaar wont move anywhere as backup at this stage of his career.

If he plays well he will start. Great chance to play in the champions league.

Which was exactly my point. If Vlaar is bought, he would be bought to play.

Kirby wrote: »
    Which was exactly my point. If Vlaar is bought, he would be bought to play.

Merts has looked a litle shaky this season. Hopefully that's just a blip though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

When asked about transfers after villas win vs Hull Lambert said that he was hoping for 1 or 2 in but can't be sure but that Vlaar isn't going anywhere. Despite his age and short contract length I think the villa captain (who prob wants to be a starter at a club) would cost too much for Arsene to see value in such a deal.

Would love if you guys got carvahlo & Falcao, expect you to get some random CB and maybe a loan CF a la how he tried to get Ba for cover last year

This is exactly what I will think will happen. Its only half nine and im a bit worked up already haha!! No work will be done today with constant bbc / twitter / boards updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Didn't come on yesterday, pretty ticked off over how we played. Sanogo is Championship level at best, Ramsey was poor, Cazorla and Ozil were average flamini was ok, Kosc had a bad game when he was on, Wenger was poor with substitutions again etc etc.

Final day of the window and i'd be surprised to see a signing tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Nothing major will happen today as has been alluded to above. It's pitiful and shows that despite the bluster the ambition is top four and anything after that is a bonus.

wonga77 wrote: »
    The clock is ticking, unfortunately there will be alot of "I told You so" posters back in action tonight.
    I just hope for all our sakes that he has a late trick or two up his sleeve

If we don't bring in what's required we have evrey right to say I told you so.

If we don't bring in what's required we have evrey right to say I told you so.

And if 2 or 3 decent signings are made there will still be plenty of moaning posts

Its worryingly quiet. 13 hours to get 3.

Media lockdown at Arsenal, I'm not going to start getting panicky 'till mid afternoon.

Shhh Raf - Wenger is still sleeping! Dreaming of a Sanogo goal :pac:

greendom wrote: »
    Media lockdown at Arsenal, I'm not going to start getting panicky 'till mid afternoon.

Aye - I think 3 o clock onwards things will start to kick off.

agreed. Id be worried if nothing was happening by then. Every media source opened here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We will definitely sign 1, im just interested to see if its a genuinely good player that will improve out team or just a squad player of some sort. Interesting to see how far off the names mentioned so far were.

is falcao going to united? :eek:

• Advertisement

And if 2 or 3 decent signings are made there will still be plenty of moaning posts

I'll.hold my hands up and say I was wrong all along and I'll be happy to admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Be funny if true, a striker is the last thing they need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Whats this im hearing about RVP needing kneww surgery or something?

Be funny if true, a striker is the last thing they need

RVP needs surgery this season and one of Welbeck or Hernandez is leaving. They actually do need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Falcao would be a fantastic signing and I'd be delighted if Arsenal were to somehow get him. However I think this £20M for a one season loan is really the best option as I couldn't really see any value in £55M for a 29 years old who has done his ACL a couple of times already. Having his wages on your books for 3 or 4 years and him at risk of missing a sizeable chunk of that would be pretty worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭boccy23

Whats this im hearing about RVP needing kneww surgery or something?
    Reported on Twitter (so it must be true) that he needs knee surgery.

Would he want to miss out on CL again?

Would he want to miss out on CL again?

Seems a bit of a mercenary tbh so wouldnt be surprised.
    If it is true that RVP is injured and they get Falcao, they have to be admired. We have our striker injured and we will go with Sanogo :D

I'll.hold my hands up and say I was wrong all along and I'll be happy to admit that.

I'll do the same if none of significance are made or if we do a "Kallstrom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I'm confident we'll make at least one signing, probably a CB. We need more but even wenger can't turn a blind eye to our CB numbers.

If we make no signings at all then wenger is lining himself up for a big fall. In a perfect world he'll bring in a CF (who can actually score) and a CB or even a CB/DM.

What happens in the next 12 hours will shape our club more so than winning the FA cup.

Falcao gone to United on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sanchez surely has to be played as striker if we dont sign anybody. Suprised he didnt get the nod up top yesterday I thought he had a great game up from against Besiktas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 1h
    Have I had breakfast yet? Look, every time you are hungry, the solution is not always to eat something.

Are u kidding me??

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Are u kidding me??

Sky reporting loan deal. Will have medical later

• Advertisement

We need a massive name upfront just to stay in the top 4 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

SSN saying 50M pounds permanent deal.

Another one bites the dust. Funnily enough he's not what they need unless van p is fcuked.

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 48s
    United bought our best striker, used him to win the league and then replaced him before we did.

Unreal banter from Wenger tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭G1032

Sky reporting loan deal. Will have medical later

I don't fúkcing believe this. A player like that is available and we don't go in for him. Instead we get to have Sanogo instead

We need a massive name upfront just to stay in the top 4 imo

Defensive midfielder and a striker is needed. Fingers crossed we can even get one of these positions sorted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement