Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bony seems the obvious option to me.

A solid signing but I wouldn't pay anything over 15 million for him. Still I take him but it's still that nagging feeling we should be aiming higher :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is it true Arsene is in Italy at a charity event today or is that twitter **** stirring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Its worryingly quiet on the Arsenal front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Raf32 wrote: »
    I hate saying this but would any of you throw 15-20 million for Van Persie?

After the amount of stick he has been getting particularly from Rosicky there could be too much of a rift in the camp.

At this stage I'm worried. No certain DM or any solid links.

Either Wenger is playing an epic mind game or we have closed shop.

Why oh why is he playing Sanogo ahead of Campbell! My guess is lack of heiight up front along with Sanchez, but if your tall and can't use it effectively why does he shouldn't start.

He had a header yesterday and easily could have got over it but went a few yards wide. looking at his expression though you would swear it hit the post.

He is only 20 though and we need a proven 20+ goal striker up there

Looper007 wrote: »
    A solid signing but I wouldn't pay anything over 15 million for him. Still I take him but it's still that nagging feeling we should be aiming higher :(

Stay positive :) I'm spotting those early signs you've been doing so well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

jonny666 wrote: »
    Its worryingly quiet on the Arsenal front

Things are usually quite with Arsenal at this stage. Always after 3ish things start to pick up.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Is it true Arsene is in Italy at a charity event today or is that twitter **** stirring?

Nothing would surprise me with Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We should have forced Vermaelen to stay for his last year of his contract if we werent going to replace. Would have less to do today too.

Stay positive :) I'm spotting those early signs you've been doing so well

Just pisses me off when you see other clubs (our Rivals) getting stronger and getting those big star names. I'm trying to stay positive but while we're talking about wanting to sign Bony, Utd get Falco.

• Advertisement

We should have forced Vermaelen to stay for his last year of his contract if we werent going to replace. Would have less to do today too.

We made a great piece of business on that deal Raf for a player past his best. I think Wenger will sign someone for that position. It's the others I worry about :pac:

'So Man Utd have replaced Van Persie before Arsenal have replaced Van Persie'
    (Rikki Clarke, Cricketer).

Lol very good.

I read Wenger is reffing a charity match today. It was a joke yes?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No it's true as far as I know.

HazDanz wrote: »
    'So Man Utd have replaced Van Persie before Arsenal have replaced Van Persie'
    (Rikki Clarke, Cricketer).

Lol very good.

read it on The Transfer section. It's funny but somewhat very sadly true :pac:

No its true

BwcDALvIcAAtBy2.png:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Swansea paid £12 million for him, Bony will cost over £20 million I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jeremy Wilson @JWTelegraph · 34m

Things can change but sense at Arsenal is that likely to be quiet day. Maybe c-back cover but major striker signing looking unlikely #afc

No its true

BwcDALvIcAAtBy2.png:large

He really couldn't give two ****s about fan reaction he knows he is untouchable.

The first part is fine cause we do talk **** :), the second though is the bigger problem

Jeremy Wilson @JWTelegraph · 34m

Things can change but sense at Arsenal is that likely to be quiet day. Maybe c-back cover but major striker signing looking unlikely #afc

:mad: not surprising if true. Wenger better come up with some great excuses if he doesn't sign a top class forward or Defensive midfielder by the end of the transfer window. The man is getting away with murder with not signing the players we need.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No it's true as far as I know.

Ugh.

• Advertisement

Wenger is playing some super poker in Italy, knows all the tricks!

Johner wrote: »
    Swansea paid £12 million for him, Bony will cost over £20 million I'd imagine.

It's as far as I go for him to be fair anything over is a little OTT for a guy that's had one decent season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd be angry but Kate Upton pictures

He really couldn't give two ****s about fan reaction he knows he is untouchable.

The first part is fine cause we do talk **** :), the second though is the bigger problem

Stevie Wonder could tell you we needed a top class striker and Defensive midfielder since the last two to three years. We do talk ****e but we all right on that part. He won't be untouchable if we lose or drop more points in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Welbeck to Spurs as per David Ornstein

"Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck a definite target. I'm told by one source that discussions between Tottenham, United and the player's representatives took place until 01:00 BST today so that is certainly one to watch as the 23:00 BST deadline looms."

Tim Payton said way back in July that we were done bar signing a back up centre back. He got an awful lot of stick for it but seems he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Sick of this b*llix!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Wenger reffing a charity match today. It's either a pr disaster or he's got one hell of a poker face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

They were nice though :pac:

stop! such a set of bangers. kirsten dunts not bad either.
    you see the kaley cuoco (penny tbbt) vid? strange one that, ha.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd be angry but Kate Upton pictures

have you not seen them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Just hold off on panic stations until the morning

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Wenger reffing a charity match today. It's either a pr disaster or he's got one hell of a poker face

He wants to make sure he's out of the country when the rain of **** from our fans and ourselves will come down on him by 11:01 p.m if he hasn't signed a top quality Striker or Defensive Midfielder. I hope I'm wrong though and it's a poker face.

It's as far as I go for him to be fair anything over is a little OTT for a guy that's had one decent season.

if bony was signed that'd be no WC striker signed for another 3 seasons i think, until him & giroud are nearly done.

I wish I could emergingstar just it's more then signing players it's the fact our whole season will go down the ****ter. I wouldn't be so worried if we seriously need two top quality signings.

should we hold off until january 31th just in case? :pac:

Keep the powder dry boys :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Our defensive cover must be the weakest in the league (in terms of quantity). This has to be addressed and I'm sure it will be, to do otherwise would be seriously negligent.

I find it funny watching the ones who have been calm all along starting to ramp up the anger as the day goes on :)

It's going to be a long 10 hrs

batistuta9 wrote: »
    stop! such a set of bangers. kirsten dunts not bad either.
    you see the kaley cuoco (penny tbbt) vid? strange one that, ha.

have you not seen them?

Ofc I have :pac:

Wenger reffing a charity match in Rome..I **** you not

Jesus lads what's the big deal about seeing 1% more flesh than usual on a chick who hasn't got a better body than hundreds of women freely available to view at any time?

• Advertisement

Jesus lads what's the big deal about seeing 1% more flesh than usual on a chick who hasn't got a better body than hundreds of women freely available to view at any time?

You really see the worst in everything don't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bony and Schneiderlin would be good business!

Fair point to make though - Celebs aren't all that yo

Well yes, the reactions to the leak have shown some of the worst immaturity in society that one would love didn't exist. Is that what you meant? :P

I find it funny watching the ones who have been calm all along starting to ramp up the anger as the day goes on :)

It's going to be a long 10 hrs

I be calling a ambulance by 3 pm :pac: It's about to boil over when you read Arsene is reffing a Charity match in Italy. You know it's going to end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

There is one thing talking down arsenal

But talking down naked pics of Jennifer Lawrence come on

• Advertisement

There is one thing talking down arsenal

But talking down naked pics of Jennifer Lawrence come on

The small of her back is weird. What ya gonna do about it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So how many pages will this thread get to by the time the window closes and we finally realise we're not signing anyone?

Any takers on 1000 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

https://twitter.com/102greatgoals/status/506370214099832832/photo/1

There he is at Heathrow airport. I've been told the other 2 men in the picture are agents. Don't know if that is true.

It fvcking better be!

Gary Jacob @garyjacob · 7m
    Wenger dithering on Arsenal signing Sokratis Papastathopoulos ... interest cooled... more @TimesSport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wenger dithering = journalist trying to wind up Arsenal supporters

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement