Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Lads just think of the good times.

f483ce670e7325d247dc7c0eedfdc022.gif?1405019247

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Retweeted by BBC Sporf
    Transfer Sources ‏@TransferSources 35m
    Arsenal are putting the finishing touches to a £40m bid for Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus.

start the car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wonder were we ever in for anyone? Lots said after the chambers deal that it was the end of the spending. Get the funny feeling that has been the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Retweeted by BBC Sporf
    Arsenal are putting the finishing touches to a £40m bid for Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus.

Hail mary full of grace..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Retweeted by BBC Sporf

Rivals won't sell to us. Not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Interesting time to be granted access !!

If we were to pull off the Sanchez signing today, everyone would be in dream land. Our biggest need for me is DM. We need an athletic DM that has a big presence on the pitch and CB cover that's obvious to everyone.

We are in a situation as a top team, that our players are generally of a good quality. To improve on them is difficult. The number of players available that would be an improvement on what we have is small. We are in a very healthy financial, but, we aren't in the world of funny money with (Chelsea,City,Psg, Real) Deals have to be right and obviously so do the players.

To think our manger and coaches don't know our weaknesses is ridiculous. To think we aren't active and trying to get players in through out the year is wrong. If most of us are honest we have never seen most of our speculated targets play on a regular basis . Probably haven't even heard of them until some rag, or obscure Internet source brings them up. We are all influenced by media, it's clear as day if you read any team forum.

The Wenger bashing to me is such a joke. We wouldn't have premier league title ambitions without him. We have had so much success with him and done so playing entertaining football. Calling him an idiot and acting like he doesn't no more about football than everyone here combined is ludicrous.

Sadly, we are in a league with three teams that have little financial restriction. So things are a lot more difficult. I think we have a really exciting squad and if we could nab one or two of our targets it would be the icing on the cake.

Go Gunns !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Podolski got slated for being "disinterested" when he came on on Sunday and if he was then I don't blame him. Playing an inexperienced kid ahead of a German international with 100+ caps is inexcusable to me. Even if he wasn't great up front when he played there last season, he's a great finisher and if we got a chance in the box, I'd rather Podolski on the end of it than Sanogo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Rivals won't sell to us. Not happening.

def not happening. Who are bbcSporf :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He was one of Spurs best players when they qualified for the Champions Lge a few seasons back under Redknapp, its probably one of the reasons why he wants to take him on board at QPR. He is a big strapping defensive midfielder that loves a tackle and has an eye for a pass, at a measley 6 million pounds I would take the risk on him. Hes only 25 years old too so if it didnt work out I am sure we would get back some of our losses.

That was a long time ago, before his injury.

We could bring back Eduardo as he was good before his injury.

There has been nothing from Sandro in the last year to suggest he is any use.

greendom wrote: »
    won't happen unless a striker is brought in.

Agree, I only posted a few pages ago that if a striker is to come in, one has to leave. If the story is true, then as of last night when it was reported, we were still looking for a striker.

People are losing the run of themselves, panicking, suggesting players not good enough for Arsenal.

The Guardian are saying that the Cavalho deal is not dead yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Reus would be sick, no question, but he aint a striker a cb or dm which is what we need the most.
    No chance Dortmund would sell to us either unless the fee is astronomical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Retweeted by BBC Sporf

Won't believe it until I see it :). But if we pull that off then we're in the drivers seat, that Reus lad is one special player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If we were to pull off the Sanchez signing today, everyone would be in dream land. Our biggest need for me is DM. We need an athletic DM that has a big presence on the pitch and CB cover that's obvious to everyone.

We are in a situation as a top team, that our players are generally of a good quality. To improve on them is difficult. The number of players available that would be an improvement on what we have is small. We are in a very healthy financial, but, we aren't in the world of funny money with (Chelsea,City,Psg, Real) Deals have to be right and obviously so do the players.

To think our manger and coaches don't know our weaknesses is ridiculous. To think we aren't active and trying to get players in through out the year is wrong. If most of us are honest we have never seen most of our speculated targets play on a regular basis . Probably haven't even heard of them until some rag, or obscure Internet source brings them up. We are all influenced by media, it's clear as day if you read any team forum.

The Wenger bashing to me is such a joke. We wouldn't have premier league title ambitions without him. We have had so much success with him and done so playing entertaining football. Calling him an idiot and acting like he doesn't no more about football than everyone here combined is ludicrous.

Sadly, we are in a league with three teams that have little financial restriction. So things are a lot more difficult. I think we have a really exciting squad and if we could nab one or two of our targets it would be the icing on the cake.

Go Gunns !!

All of the CF signed by our rivals this season were well within our means, there can be no excuses.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 3 mins

DEAL: Alessio Cerci has officially completed his move to Atletico Madrid from Torino on a 3-year deal. (via @Atleti)

Wasnt his name mentioned here a good few times?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Reus would be sick, no question, but he aint a striker a cb or dm which is what we need the most.
    No chance Dortmund would sell to us either unless the fee is astronomical

For a club that needs money they take 40 to 50 million, be worth every penny. Turn him like RVP into a striker, the lad is something special. doubt it happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 6m

Could we put more petrol in the tank? Yes, but I don't want to flood the engine. Might the fan belt split? I don't know, I'm not a mechanic.

BBCsporf is a pisstake account lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Go Gunns !!

Welcome to boards Arsene

F and T are different letters.

jonny666 wrote: »
    def not happening. Who are bbcSporf :pac:

They're a parody account to bbcsport...:D

• Advertisement

opwg3o.png

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

BBCsporf is a pisstake account lads.

They retweeted it, they didn't post it. They do often retweet proper news. On the other hand, the twitter account they retweeted from is probably a load of bs.

They're a parody account to bbcsport...:D

a pisstake, ah come on lads no need for that :pac:

All of the CF signed by our rivals this season were well within our means, there can be no excuses.

You can argue they were within our means. Actually getting them is another thing. Getting in a shootout price and wage wise with Chelsea, City and Utd. Is a tough thing.

Sorry, I don't want to get in the way of the Wenger bashing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Oh yes.

You know things are fcuked up when every person here is agreeing with each other :eek:

• Advertisement

You know things are fcuked up when every person here is agreeing with each other :eek:

I disagree !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

bpbtt.jpg

off course lads, it's someone taking a piss. Even the dogs, cats and foxes in the street know we're NOT GOING TO SIGN RUES...

dorgasm wrote: »
    They retweeted it, they didn't post it. They do often retweet proper news. On the other hand, the twitter account they retweeted from is probably a load of bs.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/deadline-day_209732.html

It's on Ladbrokes as well, probably just wanting us to rush in and bet on it to take our money.

off course lads, it's someone taking a piss. Even the dogs, cats and foxes in the street know we're NOT GOING TO SIGN RUES...

Bit of reverse physcology going on there eh? :D

• Advertisement

You can argue they were within our means. Actually getting them is another thing. Getting in a shootout price and wage wise with Chelsea, City and Utd. Is a tough thing.

Sorry, I don't want to get in the way of the Wenger bashing though.

:pac: Chelsea and Liverpool signed Remy and Balotelli for nominal fees are you honestly saying we coudln't compete?

You could possibly say we couldnt with Costa and Falcao but again I believe we can and should.

Great a new poster who falls into the trap of anyone who dares question the club or its transfer policy is suddenly bashing the messiah Wenger give over.

Nice to have debates and different opinions but anyone who automatically uses terms like "get in the way of Wenger bashing" has there opinions downgraded imo.

I'm surprised Reus hasn't looked to move on. He's no doubt a guy we and many others have tracked and had discussions about.

:pac: Chelsea and Liverpool signed Remy and Balotelli for nominal fees are you honestly saying we coudln't compete?

You could possibly say we couldnt with Costa and Falcao but again I believe we can and should.

Great a new poster who falls into the trap of anyone who dares question the club or its transfer policy is suddenly bashing the messiah Wenger give over.

Nice to have debates and different opinions but anyone who automatically uses terms like "get in the way of Wenger bashing" has there opinions downgraded imo.

Balotelli is a risk from a disruptive point of view.
    Liverpool turned Remy down after a medical.

They are hardly no-brainers on that basis.

Reus has 43 goals and 40 assists in 96 apps for Dotmund. There astronomical figures.

Godge wrote: »

They are when Sanogo is the alternative

There both still an upgrade on Sanogo tried tested and proven.

This is coming from me who didn't want Remy all summer but he is better than what we currently have.

I'm Pro Wenger but when it comes to Transfers the man is the most stubborn S.O.B to ever walk this earth. It's going to be his downfall, he has to make a statement of intent tonight to the fans and to the rivals cause at this moment in time he hasn't answered his critics. To say we couldn't sign any of our rivals targets is a little silly now. We could have got Remy and Mario the both of them with change left over

Reus has 43 goals and 40 assists in 96 apps for Dotmund. There astronomical figures.

The day is bad enough without reading **** like this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jamie Redknapp has the same opinions on the team and what we need as most of us have.

Only thing is German transfer window closes at 5. Is that just for ins or can we still buy from Germany?

• Advertisement

Strong chance I'll be beyond reproach for the next 4 months, the thread would be empty pretty quickly. :P

Obviously I am not saying that. I clearly wasn't talking about those two. There were other reasons with those players.

I have followed the thread long enough. So don't tell me Wenger isn't being bashed left , right and centre over a variety of things, please give over.

Oh the pain..

Soups123 wrote: »
    The day is bad enough without reading **** like this !

Dont worry Wenger is just trolling everybody, Reus will be unveiled tonight alongside Pogba and Chiellini :D

Surely between himself and Ozil they can set up Sanogo for at least one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I highly doubt that Dortmund are going to sell one of their best players to us with them facing us in the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It was his downfall at Monaco and it will be his downfall at arsenal.

Dont worry Wenger is just trolling everybody, Reus will be unveiled tonight alongside Pogba and Chiellini :D

With Messi and Ronaldo coming in too :pac: That poker face hey!!.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I'm Pro Wenger but when it comes to Transfers the man is the most stubborn S.O.B to ever walk this earth. It's going to be his downfall, he has to make a statement of intent tonight to the fans and to the rivals cause at this moment in time he hasn't answered his critics. To say we couldn't sign any of our rivals targets is a little silly now. We could have got Remy and Mario the both of them with change left over

I'm a strong believer in Wenger and everything he has done at the club that's why I find it idiotic when someone labels anyone not happy with the lack of activity today a "Wenger basher".

Only thing is German transfer window closes at 5. Is that just for ins or can we still buy from Germany?

Wiki says it goes by whether or not the receiving country's window is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Obviously I am not saying that. I clearly wasn't talking about those two. There were other reasons with those players.

I have followed the thread long enough. So don't tell me Wenger isn't being bashed left , right and centre over a variety of things, please give over.

Oh the pain..

Wenger is being bashed because he deserves to be...defend his honour if you wish but you'll be doing it by yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement