Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Dont worry Wenger is just trolling everybody, Reus will be unveiled tonight alongside Pogba and Chiellini :D

Woah that would be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

I'm a strong believer in Wenger and everything he has done at the club that's why I find it idiotic when someone labels anyone not happy with the lack of activity today a "Wenger basher".

No one is saying that. Primary reason being there isn't a lack of activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Obviously I am not saying that. I clearly wasn't talking about those two. There were other reasons with those players.

I have followed the thread long enough. So don't tell me Wenger isn't being bashed left , right and centre over a variety of things, please give over.

Oh the pain..

Obviously not long enough, the Wenger bashing has only really taken off since yesterday.
    Before that, support was I would say 70/30 in his favour.

Patience is wearing thin

Wenger is being bashed because he deserves to be...defend his honour if you wish but you'll be doing it by yourself.

Why so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'm a strong believer in Wenger and everything he has done at the club that's why I find it idiotic when someone labels anyone not happy with the lack of activity today a "Wenger basher".

Outside of the Transfer side of things I'm happy with Wenger. But the transfer season is him at his worst, he deserves all the bashing he gets. He has three positions to fill and has of yet to fill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I love Wenger but how anyone can defend him today of all days is beyond me? The fact he is signing no one is only part of it. One of the main days in a managers year and he is off at a charity event.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Obviously not long enough, the Wenger bashing has only really taken off since yesterday.
    Before that, support was I would say 70/30 in his favour.

Patience is wearing thin

That was also on a recent swing back in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

There isn't a lack of activity ? Really

Wiki says it goes by whether or not the receiving country's window is open.

11 minutes and we'll know so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Why so ?

Why so what?

• Advertisement

I'm pro Wenger but when you look at this objectively in terms of squad you cannot deny the neglect that is taking place at the minute.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I love Wenger but how anyone can defend him today of all days is beyond me? The fact he is signing no one is only part of it. One of the main days in a managers year and he is off at a charity event.

100%

He admitted himself we needed more defensively and here we are! I dislike but can see why he is taking a chance at CF but to not cover the numbers defensively is diabolical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have you seen signings today that no one else has? We need 3 players with not even a hint of any.

One good signing would probably appease a lot of fans but still leave us short and right now can't even see that happening.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dear Arsenal fans...

BwdWsFbIMAMlWdZ.jpg:large

BwdWsGBIQAAdcnF.jpg:large

BwdWsD4IAAAgJ6N.jpg:large

Raf32 wrote: »

The coaches no what weaknesses we have and to think we haven't been or aren't pursuing deals is wrong. Getting in the right players and getting deals done, is another thing.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    There isn't a lack of activity ? Really

So no signings means no activity ? Really ?

This isn't football manager.

Mickeroo wrote: »

It fill the gaps to be fair but it's not making a statement, going out and signing Di Maria, Blind and Falco that's a statement. That deal if its true for those two players seems last minute buys.

11 minutes and we'll know so ;)
    Is it not 5pm German time? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wengers cheeky smile.

Wengers cheeky smile.

• Advertisement

Wengers cheeky smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Portuguese clubs have until 6pm to register sales so think we can say goodbye to Carvalho possibility.

So no signings means no activity ? Really ?

This isn't football manager.

???? Yes

Your full of the clichés today 'wenger bashers' and no Football Manager,

Wengers cheeky smile.
    Wengers cheeky smile.
    Wengers cheeky smile.
    Wengers cheeky smile.

Tell us how you really feel :P

Sure didn't we try dead hard in January as well? What more can we do?

Dear Arsenal fans...

BwdWsFbIMAMlWdZ.jpg:large

BwdWsGBIQAAdcnF.jpg:large

BwdWsD4IAAAgJ6N.jpg:large

Zigic and Reid with Eboue and Santos :p

Wenger's cheeky smile.

Tell us how you really feel :P

Ha sorry trying to put up a PIC is not easy on boards!!

Have you seen signings today that no one else has? We need 3 players with not even a hint of any.

One good signing would probably appease a lot of fans but still leave us short and right now can't even see that happening.

I want signings to. There are people from arsenal working today, don't act like there isn't.

Let's just hope we get something through.

• Advertisement

Wengers cheeky smile.

It's all about that smile for you Jacks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

:(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looper007 wrote: »
    It fill the gaps to be fair but it's not making a statement, going out and signing Di Maria, Blind and Falco that's a statement. That deal if its true for those two players seems last minute buys.

They'd both be pretty solid additions though imo.We don't need an automatic starter for CB. Bony is better value for money than Falcao too , he's only 25, doesn't get injured often and has scored 75 goals in the last 3 seasons. He'd be a massive upgrade on Sanogo and would probably score more than Giroud. Unless they throw 70m at PSG for Cavani I can't think of a better striker that would be gettable.

Anyway, there's no actual evidence in the article we're even in for them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

If true, it would be a good price for those two. I really rate Reid. Think he is very underrated.

We're like crack addicts scratching about for any bit of info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

24WtZGQ.jpg

• Advertisement

They'd both be pretty solid additions though imo.We don't need an automatic starter for CB. Bony is better value for money than Falcao too , he's only 25, doesn't get injured often and has scored 75 goals in the last 3 seasons. He'd be a massive upgrade on Sanogo and would probably score more than Giroud. Unless they throw 70m at PSG for Cavani I can't think of a better striker that would be gettable.

Anyway, there's no actual evidence in the article we're even in for them. :pac:

I take Bony for sure :pac: I take you Mickeroo for a striker over Sanogo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I want signings to. There are people from arsenal working today, don't act like there isn't.

Let's just hope we get something through.

There would be some sort of news filtering through by now.

Has there ever been a signing in recent times where no one knew nothing at all a couple of hours before the deadline?

dorgasm wrote: »
    24WtZGQ.jpg

you feel for them don't you going from that class of talent to YaYa.

You have to feel for Sanogo a bit, he's bearing the brunt of the critcism today and apart from being a really really average footballer albeit still at the learning stage of his career, he's been turfed in at the deep end and done nothing wrong and is being punished for Wengers stubborness

You have to feel for Sanogo a bit, he's bearing the brunt of the critcism today and apart from being a really really average footballer albeit still at the learning stage of his career, he's been turfed in at the deep end and done nothing wrong and is being punished for Wengers stubborness
    I don't think any of the hate will directed at Sanogo, surely fans won't be stupid enough to use him as the scapegoat

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    you feel for them don't you going from that class of talent to YaYa.

You do. But at the same time, I don't blame Sanogo at all. Wenger should see that he's nowhere near the standard we need. Any young lad is going to grab the opportunity of a starting place in a premier league team. It's just a pity that Wenger has put him in the firing line for a huge amount of criticism he could do without at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

jonny666 wrote: »
    There would be some sort of news filtering through by now.

Has there ever been a signing in recent times where no one knew nothing at all a couple of hours before the deadline?

Arteta, If I recall correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Exactly , theres only one man to blame here and thats the boss. The fans will turn on him if we go through a lean spell on front of goal and who can blame them.

I do feel for the lad, he's simply not good enough for the position he is in right now. He's the type of lad that might not even make that grade. A loan spell here and there will tell us. But him leading a top 4 side is mind blogging and the manager is at fault for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't think any of the hate will directed at Sanogo, surely fans won't be stupid enough to use him as the scapegoat

Make no mistake Wenger will get it both barrels should things go south over the next couple of games. I don't like seeing it happen but that's they way it will go. Sanogo will be left alone apart from the usual groans or what have you should chances be missed.

Great minds ;)

Work finishes in 20mins going to the gym after and won't get home till around 8ish if we sign anyone during the 2 and a halve hours i'm away someone please DM me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It still annoys me that we didn't get a deal done for Higuain last summer instead of fcuking about over Suarez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dear Arsenal fans...

<SNIP>

KrdHA6z.jpg

zdTt1VZ.jpg

Sj8wueb.jpg

Work finishes in 20mins going to the gym after and won't get home till around 8ish if we sign anyone during the 2 and a halve hours i'm away someone please DM me :p

I wish someone would DM our squad! Eh? Eh?

You know in the way someone would say "Beer me!" and you would pass them a beer?........well I laughed.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement